Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First clip released from "Rise"

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That's the kind of quipy dialogue that makes my eyes roll.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    i thought clone wars was considered canon. clonytroopers did that all the time, didnīt they? but obviously, this is the way

bikes look cool, but why not use speeder bikes? cause, toys?

Last edited by abulafia; 11-25-2019 at 07:58 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    i thought clone wars was considered canon. clonytroopers did that all the time, didnīt they? but obviously, this is the way

bikes look cool, but why not use speeder bikes? cause, toys?

While the clones had jet packs the storm troopers didn't and until now neither did the first order troopers so the surprise isn't uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    While the clones had jet packs the storm troopers didn't and until now neither did the first order troopers so the surprise isn't uncalled for.
    i guessed a guy like poe has seen a fair share of the galaxy and jet packs are not that uncommon. okay the people in that galaxy forget fast. like a galaxy wide known order that had a giant temple on the capital planet...
    "they fly now" comes off a bit in the spirit of hanīs "well, we can still outmaneuver them" from empire in a similar underpressure scene, so that is fine with me.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

The other trailers seem to show that these speeders can fly too.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Repeating “they fly now?!?!” 3 times was a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's the kind of quipy dialogue that makes my eyes roll.
    Its the marvel humour as others have said in the YouTube clip comments. I am scared of this movie. Its like Disney is not aware of what were the major problems with Last Jedi and were just into the backlash than understanding why there was one in the first place.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-25-2019 at 09:55 AM.

JJ Abrams’ thought process.

1. Boba Fett is popular, what if we made Stormtrooper Boba Fetts? They couldn't be any worse than Captain Phasma. The funny thing is John Favreau could have easily went that route and slapped a rocket pack on The Mandalorian, but he didn't.

2. People liked the cycle sequence from Jedi, let's do that again but put wheels on the bikes therefore making the bikes less cool and a launching action they really don't need. Oh wait apparently they fly as well. I guess the wheels are just for the toys. Making the toys hover will put to much stain on the poor kids

3. Rey is not allowed to be shocked at the Fett Troopers like everyone else. That would mean showing real emotions and threatening to become interesting. Rey is perfect, not interesting.

4. Quiping like a Marvel movie.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 11-25-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    JJ Abrams’ thought process.

1. Boba Fett is popular, what if we made Stormtrooper Boba Fetts? They couldn't be any worse than Captain Phasma. The funny thing is John Favreau could have easily went that route and slapped a rocket pack on The Mandalorian, but he didn't.

2. People liked the cycle sequence from Jedi, let's do that again but put wheels on the bikes therefore making the bikes less cool and a launching action they really don't need. Oh wait apparently they fly as well. I guess the wheels are just for the toys. Making the toys hover will put to much stain on the poor kids

3. Rey is not allowed to be shocked at the Fett Troopers like everyone else. That would mean showing real emotions and threatening to become interesting. Rey is perfect, not interesting.

4. Quiping like a Marvel movie.
    1. Boba Fett was intended to be a Stormtrooper and the Prequels literally made them all into Fetts. Jetpacks are not new to them, it's that 3PO isn't familiar with them and Finn was apart of ground forces with no guarantee he ever saw any. Especially not since TFA was his first mission.

2. Walkers have legs but the turbo tanks used by the Republic and Empire had wheels. A speeder with wheels is not out of the ordinary.

3. You got that from a clip?

4. Did you miss the fart and poop jokes from Jar Jar?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    3. You got that from a clip?
    And from two other shitty movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Its the marvel humour as others have said in the YouTube clip comments. I am scared of this movie. Its like Disney is not aware of what were the major problems with Last Jedi and were just into the backlash than understanding why there was one in the first place.
    Eh, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't care all that much for these sequels but it's pretty easy to tell that the negative critiques are by far the minority when it comes to these films, meaning there is no real "backlash" for disney to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    4. Did you miss the fart and poop jokes from Jar Jar?
    Jar Jar got negative reactions, Lucas scaled the character down for Episode 2. Its still the same negative reactions from this clip. It does feel like parody or an uncut Gag Reel.

Commander Cody had a jetpack during the Clone Wars, the Madalorians and Fett family had them, First Order jetpack troops appeared in the comics and there is a character class in Battlefront 2 (Which is supposedly canon) with jetpack troopers being part of both the Empire and First Order. It seems odd that Finn (a former Stormtrooper) would be completely caught off guard by this revelation.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

The OT got a lot of flack from the pros for the humor in them because guys like Ebert thought it took them out of the tone of the film. Is it serious or camp? The OT films were hilarious for the time!

Late 70s early 80s humor (gimmicked) is very different than mid-late 90s humor (gross-out humor) and current modern (situational quips) humor.

To each their own I guess.

And it's not like crank calls are outside the norm in SW (every trilogy had one) since I see that is brought up a lot.

Last but not least ... "They fly now" is actually said 4 times. Chewbacca said it as well.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-26-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium