Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    And he killed Aunt May, canno tv i I mahine his redemption is possible or acceptable after that.
    Specially since when he tried to "redeem" himself after losing, if you look at his facial expression, he blatantly was trying to manipulate Peter.

    Fact that he also knew Peter was Spidey all along means he kept manipulating Peter to help out, the last two challenges of his lab in one of the mini games have Peter commenting on that.

    The way they made this Otto, he's a mix of Spider-Man 2 and comics, so he was a good person trying to make the world better, but now is no better than comics Otto.

    I honestly don’t want Superior Trash in the games. I hope they don’t do it and I think they won’t mostly because it’s extremely difficult to imagine a publisher sinking money into a game where you aren’t Peter for the majority of the game. Which is what you need to do to adapt Superior in full. Maybe a DLC campaign but not more than that. And anyway Kraven’s last hunt is more suited.
    KLH is way too character driven to properly work in a video game, specially with Peter being in buried while it shows his thoughts, it also mean you'd probably have to play as Spider-Kraven at some point, and if they adapt him properly, then he wouldn't have gadgets, or even web shooters, though web shooters could be replaced with a rope, which I think he used in the original.

    It's just not a story that an action game can tell well without breaking the pace.

    Superior would be the one that'd be easier to adapt, Spider-Otto could even get his own exclusive stuff, and even then, I'd rather they keep that shit away from video games, or anything Spider-related

    Or you could have Ock hijack Miles since an even younger Spider-Man makes more sense did the same reason it did in Life Story and that version wouldn’t work because there the story becomes Get Out...
    Miles' possible playable debut in the game and his body gets hijacked? I hope they're smart enough to see how dumb that'd be.

    Not even a justification like Life Story could work, Peter is only 23, and he'd be at most 30 in the next game if we get a big time skip, not enough age difference to give Otto a reason to choose Miles over Peter.

  2. #17
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    KLH is way too character driven to properly work in a video game, specially with Peter being in buried while it shows his thoughts, it also mean you'd probably have to play as Spider-Kraven at some point, and if they adapt him properly, then he wouldn't have gadgets, or even web shooters, though web shooters could be replaced with a rope, which I think he used in the original.

    It's just not a story that an action game can tell well without breaking the pace.
    Not to mention KLH only really works with a long-established version of Kraven. He didn't even get outright name-dropped in the first game.
    Miles' possible playable debut in the game and his body gets hijacked? I hope they're smart enough to see how dumb that'd be.

    Not even a justification like Life Story could work, Peter is only 23, and he'd be at most 30 in the next game if we get a big time skip, not enough age difference to give Otto a reason to choose Miles over Peter.
    I could see it where the game is split between 50% SpOck and 50% Miles and culminates in a boss where Miles beats SpOck and Peter comes back for the final stretch of the game.

    I'd be curious to see how Lownethal would do the performance though.

  3. #18
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention KLH only really works with a long-established version of Kraven. He didn't even get outright name-dropped in the first game.

    I could see it where the game is split between 50% SpOck and 50% Miles and culminates in a boss where Miles beats SpOck and Peter comes back for the final stretch of the game.

    I'd be curious to see how Lownethal would do the performance though.
    Like a colder, more arrogant and even more megalomaniacal version of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto when he let his lust for revenge turn him into a murderous villain?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #19
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention KLH only really works with a long-established version of Kraven. He didn't even get outright name-dropped in the first game.
    Was he even hinted at? I don't remember any direct or indirect hints, also don't think there was anyone dressed as him in that ESU party.

    Like, if there was nothing, at best you can say "Chameleon is name dropped, so maybe his half brother is included too", and that's it lol.

    Even then, as you said, KLH needs an established Kraven to work, and if the game has important characters, they're developed for the player to care about them/know who they are, even if you don't know much of Spidey, so at best, the game would need to introduce Kraven, have him be a recurring enemy, and then KLH happens, even then it'd be questionable since the span of one game would lead to Kraven killing himself after proving he's "Superior".

    I could see it where the game is split between 50% SpOck and 50% Miles and culminates in a boss where Miles beats SpOck and Peter comes back for the final stretch of the game.
    I think that could end up being too much, too soon anyways... Some types of stories are better to happen after a while, and if something like Superior or KLH were to be done, they'd need that time, Superior could work with Peter in a second game since it'd make sense with Otto's character to pull this kind of bullshit, with his body dying and all, and wanting revenge on Peter, doing it on Miles... Again, too soon for something like that to happen to him.

    I'd be curious to see how Lownethal would do the performance though.
    Did he ever play a character like that? We could get an idea on how it'd be like if he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Like a colder, more arrogant and even more megalomaniacal version of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto when he let his lust for revenge turn him into a murderous villain?
    Sasuke isn't over-dramatic with his speeches like Otto, though I guess the tone of voice could be similar.

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member Mutant God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    I could see SpOck being a boss battle for Miles, also if Peter dies in Ock's body then maybe he'll be saved by...clones lol.
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

    Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

    Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

    Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

  6. #21
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Like a colder, more arrogant and even more megalomaniacal version of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto when he let his lust for revenge turn him into a murderous villain?
    And a lot smarter then Sasuke .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Was he even hinted at? I don't remember any direct or indirect hints, also don't think there was anyone dressed as him in that ESU party.

    Like, if there was nothing, at best you can say "Chameleon is name dropped, so maybe his half brother is included too", and that's it lol.
    There's a part in the game where he mentions Rhino being his "2nd favorite Russian." There was already a Chameleon name-drop so I have to assume his "favorite" is Kraven.
    Did he ever play a character like that? We could get an idea on how it'd be like if he did.

    Sasuke isn't over-dramatic with his speeches like Otto, though I guess the tone of voice could be similar.
    He's definitely voiced crazy types before.

  7. #22
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And a lot smarter then Sasuke .
    That's a low standard, Sasuke is a dumbass after all

    There's a part in the game where he mentions Rhino being his "2nd favorite Russian." There was already a Chameleon name-drop so I have to assume his "favorite" is Kraven.
    Well, that could be Chameleon, but it's too vague to draw an assumption, could be any Russian character, or maybe even a celebrity or whatever.

    He's definitely voiced crazy types before.
    How many of them are old, melodramatic and bat shit crazy at once?

  8. #23
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Did he ever play a character like that? We could get an idea on how it'd be like if he did.
    this is the only sinister nerd he's done I can think of

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  9. #24
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, that could be Chameleon, but it's too vague to draw an assumption, could be any Russian character, or maybe even a celebrity or whatever.
    He mentions Chameleon in another mission though, and for all we know Chameleon doesn't speak in a Russian accent, so it's probably the closest there is to a Kraven reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    this is the only sinister nerd he's done I can think of

    There's also Jasper Batt Jr...but this character feels more fitting.

    Although to be honest this is like when people were expecting Robbie Daymond to just use his Goro Akechi voice for SpOck when he ended up doing a near uncanny impression of Scott Menville's Otto. Yuri would probably just base his SpOck on William Salyers' performance.

  10. #25
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    this is the only sinister nerd he's done I can think of

    Ah, fuck, Bedman, can't stand his motor mouth lol.

    Didn't even know Lowenthal had voiced him too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He mentions Chameleon in another mission though, and for all we know Chameleon doesn't speak in a Russian accent, so it's probably the closest there is to a Kraven reference.
    I'm just sayin' that the reference is vague enough that it could be Chameleon, or any other Russian, or anyone vaguely Russian lol.

    Huh, thinking of it, considering the Avengers exist in this universe, it could even be Natasha.

    There's also Jasper Batt Jr...but this character feels more fitting.

    Although to be honest this is like when people were expecting Robbie Daymond to just use his Goro Akechi voice for SpOck when he ended up doing a near uncanny impression of Scott Menville's Otto. Yuri would probably just base his SpOck on William Salyers' performance.
    Oh, so they didn't do that dumbass shit from body switches where characters switch voices too, and instead the actors impersonate each other? That's great, always hated that lazy trope.

  11. #26
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'm just sayin' that the reference is vague enough that it could be Chameleon, or any other Russian, or anyone vaguely Russian lol.

    Huh, thinking of it, considering the Avengers exist in this universe, it could even be Natasha.
    I'm just thinking Kraven is a big enough villain to where it would be jarring if he was the only one they never once referenced in the game.
    Oh, so they didn't do that dumbass shit from body switches where characters switch voices too, and instead the actors impersonate each other? That's great, always hated that lazy trope.
    It's basically like it was in the comic where his voice is still Peter's but his internal monologue is still in his Otto Octavius voice.

  12. #27
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just thinking Kraven is a big enough villain to where it would be jarring if he was the only one they never once referenced in the game.
    I agree, but if that line is supposed to reference Kraven, then it's too vague, and they could always just add an extra line, like "Rhino is my second favorite Russian, but at least he doesn't keep trying to hunt me.", or something like that.

    It's basically like it was in the comic where his voice is still Peter's but his internal monologue is still in his Otto Octavius voice.
    I mean, in-universe the body switches don't actually change the voices, usually at least, since the characters don't point out the obvious voice change, instead they notice that something is wrong by the actions, so in-universe there's no change, it only happens for the convenience of the viewer, which is really lazy, also insulting if they think a viewer can't pay attention to context that much, even kids would be able to lol.

  13. #28
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I agree, but if that line is supposed to reference Kraven, then it's too vague, and they could always just add an extra line, like "Rhino is my second favorite Russian, but at least he doesn't keep trying to hunt me.", or something like that.
    Maybe, but I think the line works enough as a reference as is. Otherwise it would be weirder just to not mention Kraven at all.
    I mean, in-universe the body switches don't actually change the voices, usually at least, since the characters don't point out the obvious voice change, instead they notice that something is wrong by the actions, so in-universe there's no change, it only happens for the convenience of the viewer, which is really lazy, also insulting if they think a viewer can't pay attention to context that much, even kids would be able to lol.
    It depends on the work that does the body-swapping. Sometimes they keep the voices, sometimes they don't, but the cartoon at least kept it consistent with the intention of the comic.

  14. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Specially since when he tried to "redeem" himself after losing, if you look at his facial expression, he blatantly was trying to manipulate Peter.

    Fact that he also knew Peter was Spidey all along means he kept manipulating Peter to help out, the last two challenges of his lab in one of the mini games have Peter commenting on that.

    The way they made this Otto, he's a mix of Spider-Man 2 and comics, so he was a good person trying to make the world better, but now is no better than comics Otto.



    KLH is way too character driven to properly work in a video game, specially with Peter being in buried while it shows his thoughts, it also mean you'd probably have to play as Spider-Kraven at some point, and if they adapt him properly, then he wouldn't have gadgets, or even web shooters, though web shooters could be replaced with a rope, which I think he used in the original.

    It's just not a story that an action game can tell well without breaking the pace.

    Superior would be the one that'd be easier to adapt, Spider-Otto could even get his own exclusive stuff, and even then, I'd rather they keep that shit away from video games, or anything Spider-related



    Miles' possible playable debut in the game and his body gets hijacked? I hope they're smart enough to see how dumb that'd be.

    Not even a justification like Life Story could work, Peter is only 23, and he'd be at most 30 in the next game if we get a big time skip, not enough age difference to give Otto a reason to choose Miles over Peter.
    If you wanted to adapt KLH, Telltale might be the best option.

  15. #30
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If you wanted to adapt KLH, Telltale might be the best option.
    I think Telltale at their prime could've done a really cool Spider-Man game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •