Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that art looks so good. Interesting pairing. I dont even recall Bishop and Kitty interacting much, like ever. Maybe in X-treme X-men?
    It is a recent thing, When Kitty was in charge in X-men Gold , Bishop was "around". In Sina Grace Iceman solo Bishop was hanging around the mansion and it was Kitty who paired them up for mission I believe. So It is one of those off-screen they had to interact X-men things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by perfection/emma 2 View Post
    omg marauders #3 is going to be a joy to read and very happy to hear about storm taking center in issue #4
    amen i love it

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    It was a nice coat....but knuckle tats are tacky
    I don’t know I dug them once I saw it was pirate jargon! This is my favorite book of the line so far.

Be nice to read that without the shitty ads crashing safari every thirty seconds.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Yet another Marauders interview where it's all about Kitty and Storm gets a token mention at the end, and not a word about Bishop's role going forward. Par for the course with Duggan, its Kitty and Emma's world and everyone else is just background noise. I wish Storm and Bishop were in other books.
    Tbh if Bishop wasn't in this book he would be in limbo. And I know it's really easy to feed into negativity but let's hold off and let the storyline actually play out

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Be nice to read that without the shitty ads crashing safari every thirty seconds.
    Adblock is your friend.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yet another Marauders interview where it's all about Kitty and Storm gets a token mention at the end, and not a word about Bishop's role going forward. Par for the course with Duggan, its Kitty and Emma's world and everyone else is just background noise. I wish Storm and Bishop were in other books.
    It is a problem of all DOX books. Probably only X-Force won`t be a show of 1 or 2 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I just realised that Kitty left Bishop hanging from the roof in the second preview page. LOL
    To be fair, he’s totally about to unbuckle and do a superhero landing. No one leaves Bishop hanging.

You skip over his conversation on Pyro, Callisto and Storm?

Really the only two who did not get mentioned here that are on the team are Bishop and Iceman.

And even then Bishop seems to have a larger role in #3 from the preview pages

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbh if Bishop wasn't in this book he would be in limbo. And I know it's really easy to feed into negativity but let's hold off and let the storyline actually play out
    We don't know about that. Just because Duggan called dibs on him, doesn't mean other writer won't use him. He has been on a ongoing since astonishing x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is a problem of all DOX books. Probably only X-Force won`t be a show of 1 or 2 characters.
    yep x-force is the one that most feel like a team book

I'm still stuck on the fact people complaining such and such isn't getting shine and we only on issue two. Hard to take seriously and not laugh. I would love to read the team runs these other people were reading where by issue two everyone shone. Maybe it'll help me see what in missing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    We don't know about that. Just because Duggan called dibs on him, doesn't mean other writer won't use him. He has been on a ongoing since astonishing x-men

yep x-force is the one that most feel like a team book
    Yes we do. Bishop is a boring character who was made interesting by turning him into a genocide of maniac. Cue the demon bear retcon. Since then Bishop has been regulated to satellite books and minor cameos in fact the only thing noteworthy he's done since being brought back was being in a fake relationship with Jean Grey in an alternate reality that was promptly forgotten about.

The fact that he's even on this Flagship title was a surprise. Might even hint at them having big plans for him again so why anyone would want him off of this title boggles my mind considering this is probably the most attention he's received since well EVIL Bishop.
    Last edited by loke13; 11-26-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Yes we do. Bishop is a boring character who was made interesting by turning him into a genocide of maniac. Cue the demon bear retcon. Since then Bishop has been regulated to satellite books and minor cameos in fact the only thing noteworthy he's done since being brought back was being in a fake relationship with Jean Grey in an alternate reality that was promptly forgotten about.

The fact that he's even on this Flagship title was a surprise. Might even hint at them having big plans for him again so why anyone would want him off of this title boggles my mind considering this is probably the most attention he's received since well EVIL Bishop.
    thats not true. He was in Uncanny as one of the featured team members in Dissassembled. That wasnt a satelite book or minor cameo

I wouldnt exactly consider this the flagship title. If anything X-men gets that honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats not true. He was in Uncanny as one of the featured team members in Dissassembled. That wasnt a satelite book or minor cameo

I wouldnt exactly consider this the flagship title. If anything X-men gets that honor.
    Even X-force

I think Bishop was pretty good on Claremont's run. But I know that majority of x-men writers lack a skill or even not interested to write POC characters, that is why SUPER EVIL CHILD KILLER Bishop happened. That was th emost uninteresting the character ever was.

I trust that Duggan said that he will do something good, but still nothing wrong to get him in a book that he fits better.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-26-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Even X-force
    Imho marauders is the best x book right now and makes the most sense and is the most cohesive it just needs more issues. I could easily pick apart at least 10 things about the other books that make very little sense if i wanted. But it seems most duggan complaints are coming from perceptions of previous books he had no hand in, or just a flat out dislike of emma or kitty.

All of the books are building a world but this is the only book i feel is doing it in a beat that makes the most sense while still giving the characters voices and reasons for being whether people like them or feel they are big or not.

Over in Excalibur you have Gambit complaining about Rogue, but it's like, well why not have beast or Magick or Doctor Strange look at her rather than drag her around and use her for a light house. Then Jubilee is complaining about her baby when all she has to do is choose to stay home.

Lets flip over to X-force and all of a sudden Jean is ready to be swift and violent after killing them with telepathic kindness. Not a single mutant on the island could do anything to help Xavier who was running on foot? How hard would it have been for Jean or any flyer on the team to just fly his a$$ up out the air to get away from the danger on the ground. You don't have to be a combat mutant to simply swoop in and lift someone away from Danger.

Fallen Angels, pretty tight cast but Cable is acting aloof and teenish in X-men but here him and laura need more, they need violence, they weren't built for peace. Books running concurrently contradicting each other.

And thats just the trivial stuff. If the most i seem to have to worry about on Marauders is when someone is getting shine when the writer said it's coming i'm good. I've been reading 26 issues of Avengers and still waiting for some characters in it to get some sort of shine. Makes me think of those "it's my money and i neeeeeeeed it noooooooooow" commercials.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-26-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/