Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Imho marauders is the best x book right now and makes the most sense and is the most cohesive it just needs more issues. I could easily pick apart at least 10 things about the other books that make very little sense if i wanted. But it seems most duggan complaints are coming from perceptions of previous books he had no hand in, or just a flat out dislike of emma or kitty.

All of the books are building a world but this is the only book i feel is doing it in a beat that makes the most sense while still giving the characters voices and reasons for being whether people like them or feel they are big or not.

Over in Excalibur you have Gambit complaining about Rogue, but it's like, well why not have beast or Magick or Doctor Strange look at her rather than drag her around and use her for a light house. Then Jubilee is complaining about her baby when all she has to do is choose to stay home.

Lets flip over to X-force and all of a sudden Jean is ready to be swift and violent after killing them with telepathic kindness. Not a single mutant on the island could do anything to help Xavier who was running on foot? How hard would it have been for Jean or any flyer on the team to just fly his a$$ up out the air to get away from the danger on the ground. You don't have to be a combat mutant to simply swoop in and lift someone away from Danger.

Fallen Angels, pretty tight cast but Cable is acting aloof and teenish in X-men but here him and laura need more, they need violence, they weren't built for peace. Books running concurrently contradicting each other.

And thats just the trivial stuff. If the most i seem to have to worry about on Marauders is when someone is getting shine when the writer said it's coming i'm good. I've been reading 26 issues of Avengers and still waiting for some characters in it to get some sort of shine. Makes me think of those "it's my money and i neeeeeeeed it noooooooooow" commercials.
    people have different tastes, I thought Excalibur was the best #1, other prople thought it was X-force.

It is very easy to explain what happened on x-force, the attack was pretty fast. Probably less than 1 minute.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The only combat mutant with Charles was Black Tom so taking him out was believable. I'll say New Mutants was the best but that's bias.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    people have different tastes, I thought Excalibur was the best #1, other prople thought it was X-force.

It is very easy to explain what happened on x-force, the attack was pretty fast. Probably less than 1 minute.
    Thats fine and dandy but those are bigger complaints than the ones i have seen of mauraduers. The complaints are it's about Kitty and Emma or no one else has had shine yet when it's like okay he also has to set the world and imo he did a better job.

IT may have been minutes but sage knew exactly where Xavier was, why didn't they head their first knowing how important he is. Also Jean, she may not have been able to read the reavers but surely she could have picked up on Xavier's thoughts and made it to him in some semblance of time. She can put her whole body back together but she can't sense where xavier is and put a tk shield arond him? Nobody thought two shakes about multiple incoming Domino signatures. No one went out to meet her when it was clear most thought she was coming in in an unusual way. Why didn't they just track domino's signature to get to the invaders ahead of time knowing something was off about her entrance. I mean it takes a lot more explaining and giving the benefit of the doubt to the other books than Mauraders imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The only combat mutant with Charles was Black Tom so taking him out was believable. I'll say New Mutants was the best but that's bias.
    New Mutants was the best for me too. The art was amazing.

Mighty Member

Marauders comes off as too clownish and cartoony. Duggan seems to be going more the comedic route than the serious one, even Kitty maiming people is played for laughs. And the whole boozing Kitty getting tattoos is lame. The team is suppose to be smuggling drugs in and smuggling mutants out but hey lets go clubbing first and oh yeah aren't we supposed to be meeting Bishop? Whatever, he can wait. This is meant to be the most important book in the Dawn of X launch, this clown show? I think that honor should go to X-force or even the stealth Cyclops solo X-men. At least you get more serious minded stories in those two books. Marauders is clearly the Kitty and Emma show despite what Duggan says, yeah Storm and Bishop may get some moments here and there but they ain't the stars/leads. And Shaw is just there to be made a fool of by Emma and continue his role as a sad joke of a character. Yeah the book will sell but it's hard to take it seriously.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I need a better look at her boots
    I'm seeing otk, so we're at near-approval

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Marauders comes off as too clownish and cartoony. Duggan seems to be going more the comedic route than the serious one, even Kitty maiming people is played for laughs. And the whole boozing Kitty getting tattoos is lame. The team is suppose to be smuggling drugs in and smuggling mutants out but hey lets go clubbing first and oh yeah aren't we supposed to be meeting Bishop? Whatever, he can wait. This is meant to be the most important book in the Dawn of X launch, this clown show? I think that honor should go to X-force or even the stealth Cyclops solo X-men. At least you get more serious minded stories in those two books. Marauders is clearly the Kitty and Emma show despite what Duggan says, yeah Storm and Bishop may get some moments here and there but they ain't the stars/leads. And Shaw is just there to be made a fool of by Emma and continue his role as a sad joke of a character. Yeah the book will sell but it's hard to take it seriously.
    I agree with the clubbing and stuff but i'm expecting whatever lays storm out that Jean and Emma need to save her has been secretly working since the start of mauraders. I don't think it was a coincidence Bishop mentioned he needed to get back to his mission several times then seemed to forget about it when around the others. Much like when they are around each other they are getting tattoos and dancing. I could be wrong but it feels like Duggan is setting up something is influencing them. I can read his stories without having to do much work myself.

Excalibur again, why is Jubille there if she is so worried about Shogo. Why is Gambit or Rogue there instead of in a med bay. Even with TK how did Psylocke outswim a whole school of creatures born to swim. How long have the druids been there, why did they just show up and were immediately okay with Psylocke and Co. No one is questioning Apoc is the deus ex machina just because he is old. Selene is old too does she know this stuff. Why aren't any of the magical mutants or ones with magic potential in a book about mutant magic.

Then there is x-force. Kurt couldn't teleport to Xavier? Where is Kurt? It's an island not America it's not THAT big yet despite it growing. Why did Xavier give Black Tom the position on security if your not going to listen to your security adviser. Why were the other telepaths and systems trying to get a read on the intruders rather than Xavier which would have been easier since he is the target. Why aren't there any portals set up in Krakoa in case there needed to be some sort of evacuation as was needed in X-force.

And the dialogue in X-men. Yeesh. They sound like robots.

Every book has something that needs to be worked on but for me some are attacking the characters and the world building in ways that are a little more logical for my brain.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Where's Kurt? You're doing a lotta reaching to ensure X-Force's plot doesn't work.
    "Cable was right!"

Where's Kurt? You're doing a lotta reaching to ensure X-Force's plot doesn't work.
    I don't have to do much reaching. I enjoyed it. But you have to do the least reaching in Marauders for it's plot to work than you have to do the other books. Xavier had no predestined location to hide at if they are attacked? Jean couldn't sense where Xavier was and go after the person putting souls back in resurrected mutants first. An island of muttants and not one teleporter or flyer that could get Xavier out of the way? Hell what happened to Xavier's TK we JUST saw him in use in HOX/POX to bring the drive to him? He couldn't divert a bullet? I mean im just saying if you want to work to discredit a story it's much easier with the others. For Mauraders again all i'm seeing is it's about Emma or Kitty and now comic relief. If that's the worse you can complain about two issues in count yourself lucky. I've had to let go a lot in the other books and just be present for the story.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Tom was already discussing the island's security with Charles and baldy getting assassinated just proves he was right.
    Jean was with Piotr and the other injured mutants and we don't know how far it was from the incident. How small do you think islands are?
    The other books show that some of the senior X-Men are on ambassador duty or probably living outside the island.
    We saw Xavier drink the spiked drink so most likely it inhibited his powers.

We have a movie where the flatscans took over the mansion easy peasy. It's believable they assassinate Xavier in the comic where they have better resources.

I'll give Duggan credit since his first two issues are pretty self-contained but X-Force is higher on the importance chain for now.
    "Cable was right!"

I don't have to do much reaching. I enjoyed it. But you have to do the least reaching in Marauders for it's plot to work than you have to do the other books. Xavier had no predestined location to hide at if they are attacked? Jean couldn't sense where Xavier was and go after the person putting souls back in resurrected mutants first. An island of muttants and not one teleporter or flyer that could get Xavier out of the way? Hell what happened to Xavier's TK we JUST saw him in use in HOX/POX to bring the drive to him? He couldn't divert a bullet? I mean im just saying if you want to work to discredit a story it's much easier with the others. For Mauraders again all i'm seeing is it's about Emma or Kitty and now comic relief. If that's the worse you can complain about two issues in count yourself lucky. I've had to let go a lot in the other books and just be present for the story.
    Xavier was not confirmed to have any TK. That could have just as easily have been him using Magneto's magnetism on the drive. Even if it was TK, it was rather weak at best. He isnt a powerful TK, doesnt have the experience and defintely not the reaction time to divert a bullet. I think there's more reaching to try to say this is a fault of the plot.

Tom was already discussing the island's security with Charles and baldy getting assassinated just proves he was right.
    Jean was with Piotr and the other injured mutants and we don't know how far it was from the incident. How small do you think islands are?
    The other books show that some of the senior X-Men are on ambassador duty or probably living outside the island.
    We saw Xavier drink the spiked drink so most likely it inhibited his powers.

We have a movie where the flatscans took over the mansion easy peasy. It's believable they assassinate Xavier in the comic where they have better resources.

I'll give Duggan credit since his first two issues are pretty self-contained but X-Force is higher on the importance chain for now.
    Which i agree with all of you've said but still. you have to say.

Xavier was so STUPID he just drunk champagne offered by anyone without even giving it a second thought. The viewer could see something was in it which means all Xavier had to do was literally look in his glass and show just a little bit of suspicion instead of gulping it down.

Then you have domino target coming in and people actually asking "Well where is she parachuting in from." And no one checking it out despite them saying she has been missing for over a week with no contact.

I don't think the island is super small but it should not have taken Jean and Co that long to get to Xavier when they should have known his exact location. Just how big is the island suppose to be? In the images compared to other places on the map where it was it didn't seem that big in land mass at all. X-factor was my second fave book but if we are going to reach on the books and be real then lets do it for all the books. Cause for me, this is the one that works the most based on what it's suppose to be so seeing the same people reaching like mr. fantastic for the other books while saying some characters don't fit this one or the story is about only so and so makes me go "well let's go there."
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Xavier was not confirmed to have any TK. That could have just as easily have been him using Magneto's magnetism on the drive. Even if it was TK, it was rather weak at best. He isnt a powerful TK, doesnt have the experience and defintely not the reaction time to divert a bullet. I think there's more reaching to try to say this is a fault of the plot.
    you just reached to say he was tapping into magneto's power to bring the drive. Then you had to explain how his tk was weak at best then reaffirm he isn't a powerful tlk and then go on about his reaction time. All of that explaining to make him looks not so inadequate and flat out dumb. For me, i don't need to do all that with marauders, that's my simple point.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

you just reached to say he was tapping into magneto's power to bring the drive. Then you had to explain how his tk was weak at best then reaffirm he isn't a powerful tlk and then go on about his reaction time. All of that explaining to make him looks not so inadequate and flat out dumb. For me, i don't need to do all that with marauders, that's my simple point.
    This was all a response to your reaching. None of this came into mind as I read the issue. Maraurders has its own fair share of this such as Batroc leaping laps around Iceman and Storm whom both should have been able to freeze him in place. Using a damn boat so they can have this pirate theme just bc Kitty cant use the Krakoa gates when a Blackbird and/or pairing her with a teleporter would have been more efficient.
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-26-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This was all a response to your reaching. None of this came into mind as I read the issue
    It didn't come into my mind at the ttme either but if we are dissecting things which some seem to want to do then lets dissect. He did just use what appeared to be TK in HOX and POX and it seemed effortless. I don't think most were thinking "he must have tapped into magneto's powers." If he could do that why not tap into a flyer on the island and fly away, or someone with some actual fire power. Why even drink the champagne in the first place as soon as he arrived without even looking in the glass or checking.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.