Default GAROU (One Punch Man) Does hero hunting in the My Hero Academia universe

Who and how many heroes does he take down?

Why do I envision him teaming up with Stain? Anyway, he's going to be a huge threat. They might need All Might for this one and I'm not sure if he'd be enough.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

What level does Garou start off at?

One of the key things about Garou is that his evolution is greatly impacted by him getting the heck kicked out of him and encountering opponents who are stronger than him. Even early on, he's physically way faster and more skilled than most heroes in MHA outside of the top ranks so he might actually not grow as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What level does Garou start off at?

One of the key things about Garou is that his evolution is greatly impacted by him getting the heck kicked out of him and encountering opponents who are stronger than him. Even early on, he's physically way faster and more skilled than most heroes in MHA outside of the top ranks so he might actually not grow as fast.
    Every version of Garou is being used.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Every version of Garou is being used.
    That doesn't answer my question.

Garou when he's first introduced is a very different level to Garou when he fights Saitama.

Early Garou is a problem but he could be beaten by some of the stronger and more skillful heroes and secured or killed before he can grow out of control.

Late stage Garou decimates the MHA verse with ease outside of some extremely serious coordinated team up gimmicks from the best of the best and even then, he's faster than pretty much anyone we've seen in MHA so he is an enormous problem.

What level do you want to start him at?

Garou when he's first introduced is a very different level to Garou when he fights Saitama.

Early Garou is a problem but he could be beaten by some of the stronger and more skillful heroes and secured or killed before he can grow out of control.

Late stage Garou decimates the MHA verse with ease outside of some extremely serious coordinated team up gimmicks from the best of the best and even then, he's faster than pretty much anyone we've seen in MHA so he is an enormous problem.

What are you talking about? Every stage where Garou got more powerful is being used. one after the other for the scenario/thread, from weakest to strongest since he was mentioned in the story.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Even from the outset, Garou should be too fast for pretty much anything in MHA to handle, and even with his earliest appearances, All Might's probably the only one who can really physically stand up to him (mainly because he's strong enough to do AoE junk). He benefitted a lot from circumstances preventing him from getting captured so he could get stronger though.

With early Garou, they might get him with a coordinated effort using some of the weirder powers, like Midnight's and Thirteen's. The later the stage you take him from, the less likely this is to work.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Garou probably takes out Stain, and maybe the League of villains while he is at it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Garou probably takes out Stain, and maybe the League of villains while he is at it, though.
    What are Garou's standards when it comes to good and evil?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Why do I envision him teaming up with Stain? Anyway, he's going to be a huge threat. They might need All Might for this one and I'm not sure if he'd be enough.
    I actually don't think that they'd get along all that well.

For all his talk, Garou just goes around beating up people without ever following through on killing them (people, not monsters). I think Stain would see this as a weakness and call Garou out on it.

Garou on the other hand probably sees that Stain is kind of a loony bin and wants none of that.

Extraordinary Member

What are you talking about? Every stage where Garou got more powerful is being used. one after the other for the scenario/thread, from weakest to strongest since he was mentioned in the story.
    Nik asked what level you want Garou to start at.

Based on your answer, you want him to start at the same level as when he first appeared in OPM and then gain strength like he did in that series.

What are Garou's standards when it comes to good and evil?
    He doesn't really have any. Or at the very least, he might think he does, but he's basically just in denial about it. He is convinced he is evil and runs around maiming any hero or villain he meets, but he never actually kills anyone besides monsters, risks his life to save children, and refuses to associate with actual monsters.

He is basically just a kid who thought the bad guys were cool and heroes were lame due to an underdog complex. And he's so full of insecurities that he needs to prove himself to be the strongest, baddest mother effer despite actually being 10 ply.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    He doesn't really have any. Or at the very least, he might think he does, but he's basically just in denial about it. He is convinced he is evil and runs around maiming any hero or villain he meets, but he never actually kills anyone besides monsters, risks his life to save children, and refuses to associate with actual monsters.

He is basically just a kid who thought the bad guys were cool and heroes were lame due to an underdog complex. And he's so full of insecurities that he needs to prove himself to be the strongest, baddest mother effer despite actually being 10 ply.
    This is the absolute best way I've seen Garou described.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Don't get me wrong, he's a great character, but that's because he is a hot mess of contradictions. Asking what his standards of good and evil are ultimately meaningless.

Also worth noting that he's only been actually knocked out by Saitama and pretty powerful monsters. He gets wrecked by folks much stronger than most of MHA and keeps going. He even fights through poison so Midnight's schtick might not do it. All Might aside, the best odds involve one hit kill moves, but those are mostly found among the villains and the heroes wouldn't use them anyway.