Spectacular Member

Default What DC Comics do you own?

How many comics do you own and what are they? When did you start collecting comics and what was your very first DC comic?

How many DC-several thousand plus trades etc. (and several thousand form other publishers too)

What are they-well that could take a while, but stuff ranging from the Golden Age (in trades) to the present, from super-heroes to DC war books, mystery/suspense titles, westerns, sci-fi etc.

When did I start collecting...reading, as a wee lad int he early 70s, collecting in high school in the early-mid 80s.

First DC comics-Batman #250 in the summer of '73. I was mostly a Marvel kid until high school and really got into DC in the wake of Crisis and the post-Crisis era, but always read some DC and Batman 250 was my first super-hero comics of any sort (I had other non-super-hero stuff earlier).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

thousands. First was Batman #457, Tim becomes Robin.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member

Lots (too many) - I'll name my collections (includes most Annuals and special issues):

Justice League of America - Satellite years (roughly from #64 through the end, especially the Dick Dillin drawn issues)
    Teen Titans (from when Wonder Girl changed her costume to the end of that series)
    Legion of Super Heroes - Paul Levitz years and some others (#280 - 313; Baxter series #1-63)
    Legion of Super Heroes - Keith Giffen 5 Years Later (#1 - 38)
    New Teen Titans - Marv Wolfman years (regular series with George Perez #1 60 something); Baxter series #1 - 100)
    JLI/JLA/JLE - the complete Keith Giffen/J.M. DeMatteis run
    L.E.G.I.O.N '89-'93
    Sandman (all the issues from Preludes and Nocturnes and The Dolls House; after that I started waiting for the trades)
    Death and Return of Superman (most issues)
    Kingdom Come (#1 - 4)
    Batman The Long Halloween (#1 - 13)
    JSA - All the issues from #1 through Stealing Thunder
    Justice (#1-12)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Way too many.

I have a collection of trades which EASILY goes into triple figures.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Far too many including every issue of Hellblazer
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    How many comics do you own and what are they? When did you start collecting comics and what was your very first DC comic?
    Well I started American comics in 2010.
    DC wise I mostly have Batman Comic (mostly in Omnibus and in tpb for small stories).
    Also a lot of Jack Kirby (Boy Comando, Fourth World, OMAC, Demon)
    And many Vertigo Comics (Transmetropolitan, 100 bullets, Scalped, Swamp Thing, Planetary, Hellblazer, Lobo)
    I as well try to have all the DC Events and plan on getter all the major runs.

I started buying comics before I could remember and I've never stopped. It used to be a lot more Marvel than DC, but it's mostly DC now. I don't remember my first DC comic, though I do recall a Legion of Superheroes (I remember thinking, "why is that lightning guy from Superfriends white in the comics?") , a Green Lantern (I recall a scene of GL recharging his ring while his hands were tied behind his back) and a Captain Marvel (the villain was the robot Mr Atom) when I was kid...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

A pile of trades and a few floppies that I bought because they're not collected in trades. I stopped buying modern continuity because I'm annoyed by how they collect the crossover issues and decided to go with the free continuity or early continuity classics because it's less annoying to collect.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I've about 30-40 long boxes, and four 2x4 Ikea Kallax bookselves worth of trades. So however many that is...?

I started collecting comics in 1987 (Archie), but DC became my favorite publisher soon after. My first DC books were a couple of 1989 annuals a neighbor (or uncle?) bought me.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Way too many.
    The MAIN runs are:
    Every Flash comic starting from #106 (1959) through till now.
    Including annuals, one-shots, variants, tie-ins etc.

Green Lantern #194 through to Geoff johns' last issue #20.

Green Arrow #1 - #137 plus the following volume till #75.

Batman starting with #348 up till #702, plus the first dozen issues of the New 52 book.

Detective starting with #500 up to #756 plus the first 6 issues of the New 52.

Justice League/America/International/Europe/JLA - all of 'em.

Robin #1 - 64

Aquaman - Everything from #1 PAD's run till now

There's a metric ton of other stuff, but these are the books that spring to mind.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Way to many to list. I have greatly decreased my number through the years to about 3 long boxes of just the characters that I REALLY love and want to collect.

Characters or runs I collect:
    Flash- Random older Barry issues and almost (getting really close) all of Wally West run.
    Starman- the entire run.
    JSA- random old issues and all of Johns run.
    Hawkman- all of Johns run.
    The Atom- Whatever appearances that I can find.
    Green Arrow- Mike Grell's run
    Green Lantern- All of Johns run.
    Shazam! Mainly Ordway's run and random older stories.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The last count capped out at around 21,000, about 80% of them DC. I started collecting in around '74. I stopped seriously collecting when the New 52 kicked in, though I've been sporadically picking up titles hither and yon since then. I have complete collections of too many series to count.