Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I checked out the Wally pages over at Bleeding Cool. Yikes. It's worse than any of us Wally fans could ever have imagined.

Just as well I'm not wasting my money on this, huh?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

So Future Flash is the new Zoom?

Story was Ehh. Current Art was decent, Future Art was Blegh. All in all I'd give it a 6.5 of ten. I'm hanging on to see how plot threads shake out but it's only by fingernails.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    So Future Flash is the new Zoom?
    I never thought of it that way actually, but that seems to be the case now

I am going to give the new team a chance before crying the sky is falling! I've been with the Flash since 1970!
    Last edited by Victor_Lanza; 04-30-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    TOP FIVE PULLS AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, HULK, NICE HOUSE, NIGHTWING, SAGA

make sure you guys read the rules when it comes to criticizing the changes to Wally. Its ok to not like it, but watch your wording very carefully.

i'll never read this crap. it's wally in name only

All-New Member

I like it so far, wish he had red hair but I'm glad they made him bi-racial.

Always Rakzo

The worst part of this whole banning thing is that we don't know if old posters are registering with new names just to say whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I don't know... something about his attitude bothered me; but I can't quite put my finger on it. It's probably his relationship with Iris, though.
    I dunno, as I said he seems to have a pretty similar attitude towards Barry than when he appeared in Born to Run, it's just that he doesn't seem to like The Flash either this time.

It's not about how old he was when he started, it's about where he stands in the universe. Right now, he's been removed from his generation.
    As I said before, prepare to see Garth (and probably Donna) being introduced at the same age.

He most likely won't be alone.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i'll never read this crap. it's wally in name only
    Wow... talk about choosing carefully.

Oh noes! My post count!!

Anyway, good issue. Well paced, interesting setup and premise, solid dialogue.....

Honestly, aside from nitpicky stuff like complaints that Wally is no longer a red-head, I think the annual did a great job establishing what this title is going to be moving forward and how the creative team is going to handle the franchise. And thus far, Im quite content. Flash has been a consistently solid and enjoyable book since the 52 began (well, aside from that opening arc) and its nice to see that continue.

Personally, Im hoping that Wally ends up in Future Barry's costume, when he eventually gets his powers. Shame though, that he's no longer in the same age bracket as Grayson and Vic and Kori. Wally being the same age as Tim and Cassie feels odd, and its a pretty solid indicator that Bart is going to be gone for the foreseeable future. But whatever, thus far Im enjoying the story, and that's what matters.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I dunno, as I said he seems to have a pretty similar attitude towards Barry than when he appeared in Born to Run, it's just that he doesn't seem to like The Flash either this time.

The Flash thing doesn't bug me. The Rudy thing bugs me - I'd prefer him to be an abusive douchebag than not be there, and Iris having a hard time with him also bugs me. But the latter is just temporary, so okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    As I said before, prepare to see Garth (and probably Donna) being introduced at the same age.

He most likely won't be alone.
    Yeah, but I still don't like it.

BANNED

the issue was pretty good. so far wally's back story is decent and i suspect his attitude will change once he becomes kid flash

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Anyway, good issue. Well paced, interesting setup and premise, solid dialogue.....

Honestly, aside from nitpicky stuff like complaints that Wally is no longer a red-head, I think the annual did a great job establishing what this title is going to be moving forward and how the creative team is going to handle the franchise. And thus far, Im quite content. Flash has been a consistently solid and enjoyable book since the 52 began (well, aside from that opening arc) and its nice to see that continue.
    I really liked this issue. A lot of story was set up and it was done at a good pace. It certainly does seem like the new creative team will be bringing something new and exciting to the book. My only complaint would be Frenz's art... but it is a small point since Booth will being doing the complete issues after this.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    make sure you guys read the rules when it comes to criticizing the changes to Wally. Its ok to not like it, but watch your wording very carefully.
    What the? Really? I'm sorry but what in this thread comes even remotely close to "being abusive"?

I understand entirely the reason for the forum reboot - threatening a female journalist with rape is beyond repulsive - but if we can't be honest about fictional characters or ludicrously huge corporations, what's the point of having a forum at all?

I don't mean to be "snarky" but I genuinely don't get it.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    The Flash thing doesn't bug me. The Rudy thing bugs me - I'd prefer him to be an abusive douchebag than not be there, and Iris having a hard time with him also bugs me. But the latter is just temporary, so okay.
    Er, based on Messner-Loebs' run, Rudy basically wasn't really abusive towards Wally (although he tried to kill his wife once), he was mostly absent from his son's life.

Yeah, but I still don't like it.
    Well, what can I do?