Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I agree. After enjoying the Rogues issues 6-12, the annual and Gorilla Warfare story, I was left waiting for it to develop into something more/a great run. But it was just okay
    Don't get me wrong... there was improvement. There just wasn't enough improvement to keep me all that interested. They put too much emphasis on creative layouts and less on creative narrative/storytelling. Flash #30 got my attention... Annual #3 has given me hope. Fingers crossed for a great run...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    So, yeah. that Gorilla Grodd... what are his powers in the New-52 again?
    He is connected to the Speed Force somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    So, yeah. that Gorilla Grodd... what are his powers in the New-52 again?
    He also gains the intelligence of an individual, after consuming their brain. As seen in this issue, eating the brain of the previous Reverse Flash.... Not sure how I feel about that yet

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Don't get me wrong... there was improvement. There just wasn't enough improvement to keep me all that interested. They put too much emphasis on creative layouts and less on creative narrative/storytelling. Flash #30 got my attention... Annual #3 has given me hope. Fingers crossed for a great run...
    I think also factoring in that they're both relatively new writers, not an excuse for them, but I think they'll improve as time goes on. As for issue 30 and this annual, I was tempted to drop it, but I'm curious as to see how things play out. The blue Future Flash costume has really grown on me.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

One thing is for certain: I don't think anybody ever expected to see Barry Allen trying to kill Barry Allen.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Spectacular Member

I'm kind of surprised to find Frenz art that doesn't make me cringe. He still suffers from the same problem a lot of older artists do when illustrating contemporary - contemporary translates to "what I saw as modern when I was 20".

I'm liking the direction of the story as I also like the adaptation of the previous Wally origin/backstory to fit the New 52. Totally fine with it and don't mind at all that the new Wally is not like the old Wally since the new Barry, IMO, is completely written like the old Wally anyways if you take away all the superficial hallmarks of Barry, e.g., blonde, CSI Forensics, etc.

I'm curious to see where they go with the (new?) Reverse Flash. It seems like they're hinting at some sort of mind-merge of Eobard Thawne and Daniel West via future-Grodd.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    One thing is for certain: I don't think anybody ever expected to see Barry Allen trying to kill Barry Allen.

Psh, that's something straight out of the Silver Age!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

He also gains the intelligence of an individual, after consuming their brain. As seen in this issue, eating the brain of the previous Reverse Flash.... Not sure how I feel about that yet.
    Well bear in mind this future will likely be altered, so in a way, he may as well not have eaten it. I assume he gets the powers of people who's brains he eats as well? Is it to do with the electromagnetic signature combining with his weird speed force powers?

Big fan of Venditti & Jensen's work in The Flash

Extraordinary Member

Grodd may not need to eat the brains. He might just enjoy it. At least not to absorb the Speed Force of whoever he killed. Daniel was killing people with the Speed Force in order to power up or whatever, and probably just killing the others was enough for Grodd to gain more power. Barry probably kills Grodd in order to absorb all of his Speed Force so that he can go back in time himself.

BANNED

I agree. After enjoying the Rogues issues 6-12, the annual and Gorilla Warfare story, I was left waiting for it to develop into something more/a great run. But it was just okay
    Same here. I dropped it after the Reverse Flash arc, which dragged on and on and should've been only 3-4 issues, and I want to start buying it again but my pull list is so full there's not much room for just an ok book.

Picked this up, although I dropped Flash shortly into the New52.
    Eh, I have no issues really with WINO (Wally in name only). I mean I pretty much wrote Wally off after Flash: Rebirth, so I really don't care what they do with him now, as long as they do it well.

But man...I LOVE the future Flash suit! I've loved the concept of a Blue Flash outfit ever since Pollux from the Flash over twenty years ago.

EDIT: Since the thread title list spoilers, isn't it kinda funny how Future Flash is kinda acting and doing things Flash did just before Flashpoint?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Frankly I pin it more on the reader if they want to look at it as black and white rather a good man trying to be there for a kid who needs him.

On the other hand, perhaps that's not entirely fair, in this instance, to the fanbase. I did say before and still do believe that the only problem with changing an established character's race is that, at least for the short term, race becomes what matters most about him/her. Maybe if this were a case of a new character bonding with Barry, it wouldn't be noticed as heavily.
    on the reader? sorry for detecting old stereotypes and cliches. Even if I'm "white" big part of my family is black an I want good representation for them. Well for everyone, put a racist cliche won't help it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    I'm kind of surprised to find Frenz art that doesn't make me cringe. He still suffers from the same problem a lot of older artists do when illustrating contemporary - contemporary translates to "what I saw as modern when I was 20".
    His art was the worst part of the issue for me. I definitely could not read a book where he was the regular artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

We didn't actually see that. We saw an attempt at insinuating that it will happen in the future, but the teaser for the next issue suggests they won't even meet for a couple more issues.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I've liked the new writing team so far. Adding a little flesh to Barry's personality and his job. I will say that I'm really surprised they dove right in with a time jumping arc. After Flashpoint I thought that would be a big no-no for awhile. It's a tough concept to write because if it works then why not do it all of the time and if it doesn't...well, either way you've rebooted the universe, even if in a small way, the minute the future Flash shows up