Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

New52 Gorilla Grodd is a such stupid character and terrible villain. He deserved a worse death by far. Overall it was a decent annual and future Barry's costume is awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    Well bear in mind this future will likely be altered, so in a way, he may as well not have eaten it. I assume he gets the powers of people who's brains he eats as well? Is it to do with the electromagnetic signature combining with his weird speed force powers?
    True. Yeah the intelligence and powers of those people. I don't recall them delving into much detail about it, other than the fact of that being his new powers.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    His art was the worst part of the issue for me. I definitely could not read a book where he was the regular artist.
    Yeah I thought so too. It lacked detail and felt like he was unsure how to illustrate some parts of the action scenes after reading the script.

Spectacular Member

Does anyone think Future Barry could really kill present Barry and somehow allow for Wally to be saved. By getting the powers Barry was supposed to have, and Wally will become the new Flash killing off Barry again.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Psh, that's something straight out of the Silver Age!
    Usually, one of them ends up being Professor Zoom in disguise.

Hmmm...you think maybe...?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Never a huge Flash fan. Read John's second run leading up to FP and a few issues of the NU52 Flash. Grabbed this issue and it was good. I don't know anything about Wally really so the race issue isn't an issue for me at all, new guy seems fine.

Couple of Q's. Who is Daniel they referred to and has Grodd been in the speed force (and absorbed knowledge by eating brains) for the whole Nu52 or was that a new twist presented in this issue? I liked it and think I'll be sticking around.
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrkngclasshero View Post
    Couple of Q's. Who is Daniel they referred to and has Grodd been in the speed force (and absorbed knowledge by eating brains) for the whole Nu52 or was that a new twist presented in this issue? I liked it and think I'll be sticking around.
    Daniel West is the younger brother of Iris West. He and Iris where close as children, but after he crippled his abusive father and ran away from home they grew apart. He gained super speed and time travel powers from the speed force in and accident and became the Reverse Flash. Barry recently defeated him after he murdered several people and sent him to jail.

Not only has Grodd been in the speed force and gained knowledge by eating brains before, but Gorilla City now has a tradition of the father fighting the son to the death, and the victor eating the brain of the looser to gain there knowledge. They also worship the speed force and have some access to it, although Grodd has become obsessed with gaining as much speed force power as possible.

Metal Woman

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Daniel West is the younger brother of Iris West. He and Iris where close as children, but after he crippled his abusive father and ran away from home they grew apart. He gained super speed and time travel powers from the speed force in and accident and became the Reverse Flash. Barry recently defeated him after he murdered several people and sent him to jail.

Not only has Grodd been in the speed force and gained knowledge by eating brains before, but Gorilla City now has a tradition of the father fighting the son to the death, and the victor eating the brain of the looser to gain there knowledge. They also worship the speed force and have some access to it, although Grodd has become obsessed with gaining as much speed force power as possible.

Metal Woman

Gracias!

10 Char
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

I liked the issue
    Would rather a more original personality for Wally West.
    Look forward to Flash #31

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Usually, one of them ends up being Professor Zoom in disguise.

Hmmm...you think maybe...?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Don't tease me Buried! You know how much I love PZ!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    Does anyone think Future Barry could really kill present Barry and somehow allow for Wally to be saved. By getting the powers Barry was supposed to have, and Wally will become the new Flash killing off Barry again.
    No chance at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    No chance at all.
    I really hope they don't kill off Barry Allen.

Perhaps Future Barry will come to his senses and refrain from killing Barry. Perhaps Future Barry and Present-day Barry will team up to save Wally's life.
    Venditti did say that Barry and Wally will become friends. It would make no sense to kill off Barry Allen this early in the storyline even to save future Wally.

It WOULD make more sense for BOTH Barry and Wally to survive the change in timeline when the accident that killed Wally is averted.
    Barry has to survive this event so that he would be around for the latest company wide crossover events such as "Future's End".

I"m excited to see Eobard Thawne being referenced in this issue. I wonder what his costume will be like if he makes an appearance. I'm sure there may be some changes towards his suit.

I think the issue was ok. I am at least interested to see where this all goes from here. My stance on this person they are calling Wally West...well that is just not the Wally West I know. I will not write this new Wally West off yet but I believe DC slapped all Wally West fans in the face by bringing the name Wally West into the New 52 the way they are doing so.

I love The Flash so I will not drop the book and will keep reading on. I am pissed off at DC though about what they are doing with "Wally West".
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Totally agree InfamousBG...DC didn't bring back Wally West, as they claimed, they created a totally new character and named him Wally West. there is a difference.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I think the issue was ok. I am at least interested to see where this all goes from here. My stance on this person they are calling Wally West...well that is just not the Wally West I know. I will not write this new Wally West off yet but I believe DC slapped all Wally West fans in the face by bringing the name Wally West into the New 52 the way they are doing so.

I love The Flash so I will not drop the book and will keep reading on. I am pissed off at DC though about what they are doing with "Wally West".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellpop View Post
    Totally agree InfamousBG...DC didn't bring back Wally West, as they claimed, they created a totally new character and named him Wally West. there is a difference.
    Again, personality is what matters the most at the end and this is pretty much the same character as he appeared in Waid's Born to Run (the last retelling of his origin).