Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Petition for NFL to book Weird Al for Super Bowl Halftime Show

Normally Huffpo is useless clickbait and sideboob, and perhaps this was as well, but I was excited to see on their site that there's a petition with over 50,000 signatures so far to get the NFL to book Weird Al for the halftime show. Given the success of his latest album, the fact that he's about as family-friendly a musician as I can think of and known across generations, and because I'm a huge fan I think this is a great idea. If you do too and have a minute to sign it the link is in this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5657126.html

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Normally Huffpo is useless clickbait and sideboob, and perhaps this was as well, but I was excited to see on their site that there's a petition with over 50,000 signatures so far to get the NFL to book Weird Al for the halftime show. Given the success of his latest album, the fact that he's about as family-friendly a musician as I can think of and known across generations, and because I'm a huge fan I think this is a great idea. If you do too and have a minute to sign it the link is in this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5657126.html
    Finally something we can agree on.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

If this actually happened, I might give a damn about the Super Bowl for once.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Finally something we can agree on.
    I think Weird Al could bring peace to the Middle East. I'm willing to start with the Super Bowl Halftime Show.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

I think this could work. They've really been shooting at '80s nostalgia lately and Al's been popular back then and still today.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I think Weird Al could bring peace to the Middle East. I'm willing to start with the Super Bowl Halftime Show.
    Weird Al could bet Axl & Slash/Guns N Roses back together again.

BANNED

Only if he wears his Rambo muscle suit from the movie UHF.

BANNED

Kiss is tailor made for the halftime show

Besides this obviously never happening, there'd have to be close 4 million signatures before the NFL took notice.

Were talking about a live event with a viewership of over 100 million here.
    The J-man

BANNED

I think if it hit a million the story would gain traction. That's got to be more than wanted some of the previous artists this past decade (though they've been better lately). Though it's only up to 84,000 since this morning so a million's probably out of reach. Ah well, got my hopes up.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing Weird Al as the halftime show. He'd be fun as he's always been. But what worries me is that the league might consider something a whole LOT worse----Miley Cyrus! Think I'm kidding? HA! After going through the roster of AARP rock acts (The Rolling Stones, The Who, Bruce Springsteen), the NFL is now on a flavor of the month kick (Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Bruno Mars), and who gets talked about more these days than the Twerking Queen, unless it's Katy Perry or One Direction, both equally cringe worthy in my book, but would bring in a boatload of younger viewers, a big score for the league which is obsessed about TV ratings.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

I love Weird Al, but I still wouldn't watch the Super Bowl even if this happened. Not even if Weird Al did color commentary with Neil DeGrasse Tyson and the Muppets, with Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper on the sidelines. I'm sure the NFL is aware that a big chunk of the people that signed this would tune in for the halftime show only at best, probably just catch it on Youtube. So they don't care what they think.

Superbowl halftime acts are typically a decade or two too late to be relevant. This wouldn't change that trend.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBarbarian View Post
    Superbowl halftime acts are typically a decade or two too late to be relevant.
    Yeah, like Bruno Mars. Oh, wait...
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Yeah, like Bruno Mars. Oh, wait...
    They couldn't go the whole show without irrelevance, though. The Chili Peppers showed up.