Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Retired

I see DC taking a two lane approach, especially with the billion dollar successes of AQUAMAN and JOKER. In one lane will be movies that more or less exist in the same universe, but not necessarily connected; in the other lane will be movies that have little or no connection to any universe. So WB can do an imaginary Superman story right now, with any actor in the part, while still holding out the hope of a definitive Superman in the future. Actually I think that's the best approach, because too often universe-building Superman movies try too hard to do something controversial to get attention. I don't think the public wants that from a traditional Superman movie, but they will go along with it in a movie that's clearly not trying to tell a definitive story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I see DC taking a two lane approach, especially with the billion dollar successes of AQUAMAN and JOKER. In one lane will be movies that more or less exist in the same universe, but not necessarily connected; in the other lane will be movies that have little or no connection to any universe. So WB can do an imaginary Superman story right now, with any actor in the part, while still holding out the hope of a definitive Superman in the future. Actually I think that's the best approach, because too often universe-building Superman movies try too hard to do something controversial to get attention. I don't think the public wants that from a traditional Superman movie, but they will go along with it in a movie that's clearly not trying to tell a definitive story.
    I think this is where Michael B. Jordan would work. He isn't the Superman, he is a Superman. Sort of like how Joaquin Phoenix may not be the Joker but instead is a Joker. Or like how Halle Berry wasn't the Catwoman but rather a Catwoman.
    But hopefully they get better results than the later with a Michael B. Jordan Superman movie.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Anyone else hear about this? https://cosmicbook.news/david-corens...brams-superman

David Corenswet is 26, and most well know right now for playing River from The Politician.

For those who haven't seen the show yet, first off it's fantastic, and ,funny enough, I'd describe it as a Lex Luthor show with Superman as his conscience. And not even 20 minutes my girlfriend goes "holy sh!t, that guy looks just like Clark Kent". Cut to 5 or 6 episodes later, and our "Lex" literally says that River looks like Superman. But it doesn't actually just stop at him looking like a cross between Cavill, Reeve, and Welling but put into a younger body, he's also written as if the show is deliberately trying to say he's Superman (in a sense at least).

The likelihood of going younger with Superman seems pretty high, and this dude seems like he has the natural charm and charisma to do the job. And it helps that the role he's now famous for is associated with Superman (however small). This dude would honestly be my choice too, so I hope the couple of articles on this are true.

Edit: He's also classically trained in the preforming arts studying at Juilliard, and he's not only aware that people think he has a resemblance to Cavill, but his out-of-the-way dream is to get to straight up play Superman, and to play him as upbeat, bright, and optimistic.

Here's a quote from him.

“It came to my attention before the internet got a hold of me,” he tells EW. “But my pie-in-the-sky ambition is definitely to play Superman. I would love to see somebody do an upbeat, throwback [take on Superman]. I love the Henry Cavill dark and gritty take, but I would love to see the next one be very bright and optimistic.”

Here's how he describes his character in the upcoming Hollywood show "my character has a certain optimism, a lack of jadedness.” So both he and the people casting him are most certainly trying to go for an image, and that image does in fact line up with what basically everyone on the planet is saying they want from a Superman in a Superman movie.

Seriously, listen to how he describes his character, River, from The Politician. “I was raised with a lot of Buddhist influences, doing a lot of mindfulness meditation, I had this feeling of ‘I get who this guy is.’ I got his level of calm, his mode of serene observation where he’s watching and listening to everything.”

It's almost like the dude is in training to be Superman.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-02-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Get him in the gym and physically he'd be no worse than Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Anyone else hear about this? https://cosmicbook.news/david-corens...brams-superman

David Corenswet is 26, and most well know right now for playing River from The Politician.

For those who haven't seen the show yet, first off it's fantastic, and ,funny enough, I'd describe it as a Lex Luthor show with Superman as his conscience. And not even 20 minutes my girlfriend goes "holy sh!t, that guy looks just like Clark Kent". Cut to 5 or 6 episodes later, and our "Lex" literally says that River looks like Superman. But it doesn't actually just stop at him looking like a cross between Cavill, Reeve, and Welling but put into a younger body, he's also written as if the show is deliberately trying to say he's Superman (in a sense at least).

The likelihood of going younger with Superman seems pretty high, and this dude seems like he has the natural charm and charisma to do the job. And it helps that the role he's now famous for is associated with Superman (however small). This dude would honestly be my choice too, so I hope the couple of articles on this are true.

Edit: He's also classically trained in the preforming arts studying at Juilliard, and he's not only aware that people think he has a resemblance to Cavill, but his out-of-the-way dream is to get to straight up get to play Superman, and to play him as upbeat, bright, and optimistic.

Here's a quote from him.

“It came to my attention before the internet got a hold of me,” he tells EW. “But my pie-in-the-sky ambition is definitely to play Superman. I would love to see somebody do an upbeat, throwback [take on Superman]. I love the Henry Cavill dark and gritty take, but I would love to see the next one be very bright and optimistic.”

Here's how he describes his character in the upcoming Hollywood show "my character has a certain optimism, a lack of jadedness.” So both he and the people casting him are most certainly trying to go for an image, and that image does in fact line up with what basically everyone on the planet is saying they want from a Superman in a Superman movie.

Seriously, listen to how he describes his character, River, from The Politician. “I was raised with a lot of Buddhist influences, doing a lot of mindfulness meditation, I had this feeling of ‘I get who this guy is.’ I got his level of calm, his mode of serene observation where he’s watching and listening to everything.”

It's almost like the dude is in training to be Superman.
    That site and We Got This Covered are 100% bunk.

If they aren't reposting a story from somewhere else, they are making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    That site and We Got This Covered are 100% bunk.

If they aren't reposting a story from somewhere else, they are making it up.
    It is a repost from what I can tell. There are a few other sites that are running it too. Can't really tell who broke it first, but I don't think it was the site I posted first.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

My gut reaction is to dismiss Cosmic Book News since they seem to be one of those “post whatever will get clicks” type of Internet outlets, but apparently they were the ones who brought up the initial MBJ rumors, and then they “broke” that WB was talking to Abrams, so who knows? I don’t think either of those really means they’re believable, but the guy is a good actor so if Abrams chooses to cast him I have no complaints.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-02-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    but the guy is a good actor so if Abrams chooses to cast him I have no complaints.
    Yeah, my thing is primarily just either way I hope this guy's name is in the conversation. Beyond his looks the biggest thumbs up he's got going for him in regards to the role is that he can legitimately act.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The source of the rumor is WGTC, it's another of their made up BS. https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...list-superman/

That sucks, but I hope this puts Corenswet in the conversation and on the radar. Simu Liu basically drummed up hype for himself to play Shang-Chi, so, at this early a stage, anything's possible.

President Superman let's go!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm sure Jordan could pull off playing this guy--

But the character I'm most interested in is this guy--

And I think that calls for a different kind of, not so serious, actor to chew the scenery.
    I'm down for both Val Zod or President Superman. Especially with Val Zod supposed to be starting a major role next year. It would be perfect to establish synergy between comics and the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Some movies need to build and the Snyder Franchise was doing that. All I know is that each movie made more then the last and would have made much more had the studio butted that hell out. People talk about how great the Thor movies are yet I fell Asleep during the first two And still haven't seen the last cuz I gave up on Marvel around the time Disney started shitting on the X-Men franchise (Probably the only guy in the world who hasn't seen all of phase 3.).

Personally I think we as a people are too broken to truly get Superman anymore. Most people think he's a joke of a flying brick yet if you show him with any genuine human frailties that result from being a flying brick they reject him for that too. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I know the Purest want Supes to give Speeches like the River Speech But in my eyes he don't got time for that cause while he's Speechifying Someone Somewhere in dying. Plus you know goddamn well Corporate Media and the Religious Right would be o his back None Stop just like BvS showed.
    I don't see many people talking about how great the Thor movies were. Most list the first one as so-so and the second one as one of the worst MCU movies. The most popular was the third one that basically gave up and went for mostly fluff.

But, as far as MoS and B v S go, I liked a lot about both. But these were movies, not chapters in a book or a television series. You can't do a movie that wasn't what half the audience expected or wanted because, a couple of years later, there will be another movie that wasn't what half the audience wanted even if they now expected it so that, a couple of years after that, they'll finally get the movie they wanted to begin with (only it turned out to change visions in mid-stride that it wasn't what people wanted either and, after the first two, most people didn't even show up to see it). Because what really happened is that a major portion of the audience decided after MoS that they would give it one more chance. Then they got B v S and that was the one more chance and even worse in most people's view and they were done with it. They didn't even see JL though, if they had, the reaction to such a convoluted vision would have been the same.

Mind you, I think MoS was mostly decent. B v S at least was trying to say something. But what I think and what you think does not change that a huge portion of the audience despised them and thought that the people behind the DCEU have no clue what the audience mostly wants.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think this is where Michael B. Jordan would work. He isn't the Superman, he is a Superman. Sort of like how Joaquin Phoenix may not be the Joker but instead is a Joker. Or like how Halle Berry wasn't the Catwoman but rather a Catwoman.
    But hopefully they get better results than the later with a Michael B. Jordan Superman movie.
    I'm not sure I would say Jordan could not work as the main Superman. In fact, if such a movie is popular enough, I can see him becoming the main Superman whether it is in a shared universe or a solo universe. The big factor would be willingness to have sequels.

I don't know if his not being Clark Kent is a factor of why people say he wouldn't be the main Superman.

It would be funny if he got all the attention like the shared universe Superman was irrelevant and he was the "real" Superman of the current era.
    Power with Girl is better.