Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Impact of Krakoan drugs on the larger MU?

Off the top my head, the mind drug could cure Moon Knight, Deadpool, Typhoid Mary, Norman Osborn and a bunch of villains.

The HP drug could extend Aunt May life and ensure Spideyholds off from making deals with the devil for at least a couple of in universe years.

Idk much about Thor mythology? Does Jane Foster still have cancer? If so Krakoa can help with that I guess.

The two big factors that could prevent Krakoa from affecting other stories:
    - it's been stated to only be for humans. What is the definition of human? Do Deadpool or Thyphoid Mary count?
    - human bigotry preventing them to use mutant drugs. Osborn and Moon Knight for instance are notoriously anti mutant, making it so their statu quo can remain unchanged as long as its understood they're creating their own problems by refusing to be cured.

What other instances of Krakoan drugs affecting Marvel characters can you think of? Can they cure IronMan and Carol Danvers of their alcoholism or sociopathy? Or restore Daredevil's sight? Discuss.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Jane Foster also is leery of "magical/instant" shortcuts to her cancer.

What does Yusuf Khan (Kamala's dad) think of taking Krakoan (for his unspecified terminal condition) in relation to his faith?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Krakoan drugs are not able to cure cancer. Jane Foster is already healthy, but the cancer that Aunt May suffers is not affected. Deadpool's mental illness is directly related to his cancer and how it affects his brain, so it won't have an effect on him either.

Typhoid Mary is mutant so mental illness drugs have no effect on her. It is likely that in metahuman psyches such as Hulk or Green Goblin they will not work either. The drug probably only works in normal mental illnesses, in cases like Osborn to cure it you would have to extract the Goblin Serum. In Hulk his mental illness has been linked to his gamma mutation.

And I really can't think of almost any case in which a superhero had a problem with an infection.

The three types of drugs are really designed to affect the rest of the MU relatively little.

BANNED

Aunt may was vaccinated against the spider island virus right ? The vaccine was give everyone a small useless super power ( the ability to know always where I’d the
    North) so she is not really human anymore

And the father of Kamala khan is a latent inhuman so no drug for him

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Off the top my head, the mind drug could cure Moon Knight, Deadpool, Typhoid Mary, Norman Osborn and a bunch of villains.

The HP drug could extend Aunt May life and ensure Spideyholds off from making deals with the devil for at least a couple of in universe years.

Idk much about Thor mythology? Does Jane Foster still have cancer? If so Krakoa can help with that I guess.

The two big factors that could prevent Krakoa from affecting other stories:
    - it's been stated to only be for humans. What is the definition of human? Do Deadpool or Thyphoid Mary count?
    - human bigotry preventing them to use mutant drugs. Osborn and Moon Knight for instance are notoriously anti mutant, making it so their statu quo can remain unchanged as long as its understood they're creating their own problems by refusing to be cured.

What other instances of Krakoan drugs affecting Marvel characters can you think of? Can they cure IronMan and Carol Danvers of their alcoholism or sociopathy? Or restore Daredevil's sight? Discuss.
    I mean... the amazing technology that already exists within the MU, not to mention telepathy itself could have done all of these things already. They don't happen to keep characters distinctive and with flaws.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Jane Foster also is leery of "magical/instant" shortcuts to her cancer.

What does Yusuf Khan (Kamala's dad) think of taking Krakoan (for his unspecified terminal condition) in relation to his faith?
    Taking care of one's health is an obligation in Islam. Idk the character but if his condition is terminal and there's a readily available, not taking it would be a grave sin.
    Î'm going to overlook the 'wouldnt he be a bigot because he's muslim' implication if ur post.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Krakoan drugs are not able to cure cancer. Jane Foster is already healthy, but the cancer that Aunt May suffers is not affected. Deadpool's mental illness is directly related to his cancer and how it affects his brain, so it won't have an effect on him either.

Typhoid Mary is mutant so mental illness drugs have no effect on her. It is likely that in metahuman psyches such as Hulk or Green Goblin they will not work either. The drug probably only works in normal mental illnesses, in cases like Osborn to cure it you would have to extract the Goblin Serum. In Hulk his mental illness has been linked to his gamma mutation.

And I really can't think of almost any case in which a superhero had a problem with an infection.

The three types of drugs are really designed to affect the rest of the MU relatively little.
    Xavier confirms they can cure several forms of cancer in HoX #6. So aunt May potentially could be saved. Same goes for Deadpool. The 'for humans only'part has not been clarified yet but from context we can infer it applies to all humans not carrying an x-gene.

Dr. Strange is treating Kamala's father turns out his disease occurs in Inhumans often enough for them to have developed a treatment.

Taking care of one's health is an obligation in Islam. Idk the character but if his condition is terminal and there's a readily available, not taking it would be a grave sin.
    Î'm going to overlook the 'wouldnt he be a bigot because he's muslim' implication if ur post.

Xavier confirms they can cure several forms of cancer in HoX #6. So aunt May potentially could be saved. Same goes for Deadpool. The 'for humans only'part has not been clarified yet but from context we can infer it applies to all humans not carrying an x-gene.
    I know Xavier says that but I think that they only can cure cancers caused by infections such as human papillomavirus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I mean... the amazing technology that already exists within the MU, not to mention telepathy itself could have done all of these things already. They don't happen to keep characters distinctive and with flaws.
    Agreed but in this case the drugs are a major plot point that cannot be handwaved away. We know for instance Osborn or Moon Knight won't be cured because stories rely on them being crazy but in universe there now needs to be a reason for them not to seek what's an easily accessible and life changing commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I know Xavier says that but I think that they only can cure cancers caused by infections such as human papillomavirus.
    Ok but thats an headcanon at this point. For now all we've been told is it can cure multiple cancers. We don't know how the drugs are produced or how they work beyond they're the result of multiple mutant scientists working together.

Oh, can they cure Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? If so I think they should be forcibly administered the drugs considering the past consequences of their crazy.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Oh, can they cure Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? If so I think they should be forcibly administered the drugs considering the past consequences of their crazy.
    Now there’s a thought: if the twins take Krakoan drugs, what happens? Especially if only one twin is affected and the other isn’t? While a lot of fans of the twins think Pietro should be a mutant and Wanda a witch, I would die laughing if Wanda was the mutant and Pietro some kind of literal speed demon.

BANNED

Easiest way to explain it. Mutated can not be cured by the drugs, that leaves out all major characters in the MU and their supporting cast

Agreed but in this case the drugs are a major plot point that cannot be handwaved away. We know for instance Osborn or Moon Knight won't be cured because stories rely on them being crazy but in universe there now needs to be a reason for them not to seek what's an easily accessible and life changing commodity.

Ok but thats an headcanon at this point. For now all we've been told is it can cure multiple cancers. We don't know how the drugs are produced or how they work beyond they're the result of multiple mutant scientists working together.

I know it's headcanon but the problem is that none of the three drugs they produce can explain the cure of cancer.

Spectacular Member

They are all more high?

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Krakoan Kush must be mind blowing.

The whole idea of the mind drugs is kinda yikes...