Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Outside of her dynamic with Jean, I dont see what a oneshot abt Emma could offer that cant be covered by other books. We're seeing her interact with Kate, Shaw, Storm, Cyclops, Selene is bound to show up in Marauders... the elephant in the room is the Hellions, GenX and AcademyX kids being brought back but Im sure theres plans for some of them eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Outside of her dynamic with Jean, I dont see what a oneshot abt Emma could offer that cant be covered by other books. We're seeing her interact with Kate, Shaw, Storm, Cyclops, Selene is bound to show up in Marauders... the elephant in the room is the Hellions, GenX and AcademyX kids being brought back but Im sure theres plans for some of them eventually.
    Negotiating with Atlantis
    Or like you said a reunion with her murdered students

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    i agree with emma... i feel like jean alone can have a issue
    She could have, she deserved one for sure, there is a lot to explore. It is just that the write isn't interested in her at all. Really seems like it was dauterman idea to bring Jean in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Negotiating with Atlantis
    Or like you said a reunion with her murdered students
    Namor is a good call. It all depends on if this book is relevant to the overall narrative or if its self contained.

Here we go again.

Really looking forward to this one....
    #MagnetoWasRight

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Can't wait. Magneto is a hero of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Namor is a good call. It all depends on if this book is relevant to the overall narrative or if its self contained.

Here we go again.
    Giant-Sized X-Men: Namor would be my jam.

Even though I honestly hate that these are titled Giant-Sized X-Men: CHARACTER. It's super clunky.

Giant-Sized TO HELL WITH YOUR TEAMS AND FRANCHISES, YOU LAND-LOVING LEECHES! TO HELL WITH YOU! CHOKE ON THE AIR YOU LOVE SO MUCH, DOGS! : Namor written by Jonathan Hickman and illustrated by Chipp Zdarsco.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I love how fans are moving the goalpost on this discussion of favorites. Writers using favorites is bad because in "Team" books it gives someone undeserving a shot over other characters that isn't happening. Writers just having favorites isn't a issue, everyone of us have a favorite and if given control of the franchise we would make sure our favorites are used. But there is difference between having favorites and making them a focal point at the detriment of the franchise and other characters. We haven't seen that happen Hickman could have easily did with other writers have done his X-men book is rotating cast if Hickman had made his book Cyclops,Emma, Wolverine, Magneto, Monet, Sunspot, Douglock and that was the definitive X-men squad for years going forward you guys might had a point.

Instead of forcing his favorites as focal points in teams books. They are showing up in mini series and solos apparently. The issue with using favorites is once again if it is at detriment of other characters. Hickman isn't doing that Magneto is very popular character, Emma and Jean are very popular characters. The only place where this is showing up so far is with Moria who you can say there is more popular character can be used but Moria is one of key characters of his story so it make sense to do a book with her. How is using popular characters at beginning in mini series franchise hurting the X-men franchise. Does anyone think that Giant size "Polaris" is getting more eyeballs than Magneto, Does anyone think Celia Reyes and Lifeguard are going to get as much attention as Jean Grey and Emma. Doesn't it make sense to start off with marketable characters first? Complaints about favorites feels like sour grapes my favorite character isn't being used. Let's actually cheer for these books to be successful because it will lead to less used characters getting spotlight.

PS-Also X-men isn't a Cyclops "solo" Yes Cyclops is the PoV/Important character but this is the X-men. Who was the central focus under Bendis "Cyclops", Who was the central focus under Morrison "Cyclops, Who was the central focus under Whedon "Cyclops", Who was the central focus under Rosenberg "Cyclops". Cyclops being focal point is nothing new the only difference this time is the squad with him rotates instead of being a set group of people.The one team book that Hickman has will be a wide variety characters and Cyclops the one character in X-men lore who has been important in almost every time period under Stan Lee,under Claremont,etc. If Cyclops being up front is being solo then most of X-men under variety of writers have been "solos".
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-26-2019 at 11:17 PM.

From Brazil.

Hmm this Magneto giant size was rumored to be "Magneto & Polaris" last week

https://mobile.twitter.com/rafaradar...04563805147137
    Could be BS, but given they have been playing up the team up theme it lends it credence.

As for a poster wishing to start a back and forth it’s not Magneto vs Polaris. It’s only a question if the two characters are worthy of having their names on the same comic like Emma and Jean and more to the point if the characters can rise consecutively helping one another in the process.

I would love Lorna to have a solo comic. I think she deserves one. I don’t want this comic to be a Lorna solo, but I hope she has a real role in it is a plot that could further both characters.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yes I'm slightly bummed it's not another team-up or duo with Mags and Lorna as I hoped

But if she IS in the book at least I'll take that much and chalk this up to Mags being more marketable etc which is fine

It looks interesting

I like the ideas other people put out about Monet being in another issue of this series, or Essex
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She could have, she deserved one for sure, there is a lot to explore. It is just that the write isn't interested in her at all. Really seems like it was dauterman idea to bring Jean in.
    Based on what? There’s no evidence to support that.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What need is there for evidence in the face of posters unreasoning demands, over the top character bias and baseless supposition?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    head-canon
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Hickman's Magneto is always great, so I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully Polaris will play some kind of role in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Don't make me love you, Hickman. This looks very fine. … Also hoping Polaris is in this; in fact, I'm thinking she has to be, given her new status as Magneto's protege....
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Hickman has been doing a bang up job with Magneto and a great job with Lorna. ... I hope this one shot is very successful and I hope Lorna has a role.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    … I hope she has a real role in it is a plot that could further both characters. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ... if she IS in the book at least I'll take that much...

… It looks interesting...