Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Howard was too much of an alpha male. He was bound to clash with Robert Downey Jnr. Another Alpha male.
    They were very close friends before Howard blamed RDJ for him getting a pay cut on the sequel. I like Howard as an actor but that guy is bat **** crazy. Either that or he's the smartest man in the world and we're all too dumb to understand. He starts talking about the flower of life and how he's gonna build Saturn from scratch with no gravity. Yea iono dudes either crazy or a certified genius. Sad to hear he's done acting. He was always a welcomed addition to any movie or show he was on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Actor replacing another for the same character. Floyd the Barber on The Andy Griffith Show was played by Walter Baldwin in one episode and was subsequently played by Howard McNear for the rest of the series.

Actor replacing a departing character in the same show. After Howard McNear had a stroke and later died, Floyd the Barber was replaced with Emmett Clark, the fix-it man, played by Paul Hartman.

(As I recall even the barber shop outer facade was converted into a repair shop)
    Yeah, in the episode where Goober debates buying Wally's garage, Andy makes a comment about how Floyd decided he wanted to retire and Emmett was able to move right in. I think Emmett may have been working out of his home before that.