Extraordinary Member

Default Green Arrow by Mike Grell Omnibus

It doesn't say if this includes The Longbow Hunters or not, but should be great. Set to be released on June 30, 2020.

https://www.amazon.com/Green-Arrow-M...25JNV2037S6MQG

For the first time collected into omnibus hardcover format, read the now-cult-classic stories from 1986-1990 by Mike Grell that repositioned Green Arrow as an inner-city crusader for justice. Green Arrow takes on Russian spies, his sometime foe Shado, oil companies, drug cartels, the IRA, and he even discovers he'll be a father. Best of all, discover the origin of the Emerald Archer and his superhero sidekick Speedy!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Loved his run on the book.
    His ONLY weak spot in my opinion was his handling of Dinah.
    I enjoyed the hell out of the rest of it.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    It doesn't say if this includes The Longbow Hunters or not, but should be great.
    This omnibus collects Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters #1-3, Green Arrow #1-50, and a story from Secret Origins #38, plus an all-new introduction and cover by Mike Grell and an afterword by series editor Mike Gold.

A year or so ago I pulled all my Grell GREEN ARROWs with the intention of selling them on eBay. I decided to read at least the first story arc to make sure they weren't something I'd want to re-read and possibly keep. I became so absorbed in the series that I ended up buying the four or five issues I'd skipped at the end of the run. It was very enjoyable and I re-filed the series for (hopefully) another future re-read.

My favorite writer of the emerald archer. It was one hell of a run.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

This book is going to weigh as much as a small horse...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    For the first time collected into omnibus hardcover format, read the now-cult-classic stories from 1986-1990 by Mike Grell that repositioned Green Arrow as an inner-city crusader for justice. Green Arrow takes on Russian spies, his sometime foe Shado, oil companies, drug cartels, the IRA, and he even discovers he'll be a father. Best of all, discover the origin of the Emerald Archer and his superhero sidekick Speedy!
    Grell is one of my favorite writer/artists of the 1980s. Jon Sable Freelance, y'all.

That said, I only read roughly 1/3 of his GA run, in back issues, and out of order. Issues from the 10s, 20s, 50s. It struck me as decent but forgettable, and a bit all over the place stylistically. But aside from that I remember almost nothing from the stories. Tempted to give this a shot - perhaps starting from the beginning would be better.

It doesn't say if this includes The Longbow Hunters or not, but should be great. Set to be released on June 30, 2020.
    The art and of course the writing is so otherworldly, it makes me wish I was living in this time and reading these comics when they came out.

Grell era Green Arrow, especially Longbow Hunters should get an animated movie? Who is with me?

Its time we start getting Green Arrow animated movies, he has earned it!!.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    The art and of course the writing is so otherworldly, it makes me wish I was living in this time and reading these comics when they came out.

Grell era Green Arrow, especially Longbow Hunters should get an animated movie? Who is with me?

One of my favourite DC short films (with The Spectre & Jonah Hex a close second) is the GA and Black Canary VS Count Vertigo animated. Count me in for a Longbow Hunters animated movie!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    One of my favourite DC short films (with The Spectre & Jonah Hex a close second) is the GA and Black Canary VS Count Vertigo animated. Count me in for a Longbow Hunters animated movie!
    Funny story, I used that as an introduction to him and Dinah for my girlfriend and she absolutely loves them, Dinah in particular. It was a great short.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Funny story, I used that as an introduction to him and Dinah for my girlfriend and she absolutely loves them, Dinah in particular. It was a great short.
    Cool stuff

One of my favourite DC short films (with The Spectre & Jonah Hex a close second)
    Didnt know there was this, now I got to watch it

I love the main run...it’s one of very few I re-read from time to time..but strangely don’t really like The Longbow Hunters.

I've been reading this run in trades and the later volumes became increasingly harder to find due to going out of print. Guess now I know why. Luckily I was able to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post

I'm honestly surprised they didn't do one after the success of Arrow. Then again, it's near impossible for DC to do one of their animated movies without Batman and/or Superman. I'm honestly surprised Wonder Woman got a second one.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans