Default The Tom King Batman reading game

I'm sure I'm not the first to try this, but recently if you read only the first page of a Tom King Batman issue, and the last page, you'll understand everything that happened in that issue.

its a real time saver!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Incredible Member

You can also make a drinking game out of it. Take a shot for every poem, dream, "Bat", "Cat", "I will break your back", "..." and shock value moment that won't have any consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    You can also make a drinking game out of it. Take a shot for every poem, dream, "Bat", "Cat", "I will break your back", "..." and shock value moment that won't have any consequences.
    When I saw the thread at a glance I saw it as the Tom King Drinking Game. For some odd reason that made a certain amount of sense

Or anytime he has a one word sentence.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

BANNED

Thought so too.

That's not a drinking game that is suicide.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Amazing Member

Tom King's tendency for repetitious dialogue is almost as bad as Frank Miller's.

Take a shot every time it's implied Bruce is only happy when he's with Selina xD

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Or when Bane says: «I'm Bane.»
    Hold on are you subtly implying that *Bane* is infact *Bane*? WOAH
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Hold on are you subtly implying that *Bane* is infact *Bane*? WOAH
    Of course not, Bane is Catwoman.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Or when Bane says: «I'm Bane.»
    It's funny; I am Bane is my favorite story in King's run, but even I find it difficult to defend its repetitious dialogue.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Also King understood it was absurd what he was writing, in fact in an issue of that story both Batman and Catwoman started to say: «Yes, you are Bane, we know: you already say that.»

In my opinion King is a good writer, but sometime "he lose the right way" and he start to write like he were a fanfiction writer; his Cat/Bat romance is a good example of that.