Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Something weird about Josh Trank's Fantastic 4

This movie got back in the news after Trank reviewed his own movie.. Made me to rethink about this film.

Why did he and him only solely get the blame for this movie. Why wasn't Simon Kinberg equally blamed. The movie's concept had no chance because Fox was wrong to quickly make the film so they don't loose the rights. The film was made in poor judgement no arguments there. What I never understood is how Kinberg managed to escape and went on to gain more power at fox to the point of solely writing and directing an xmen movie all by himself despite the evidence that fantastic 4 was more of his vision and not Trank's. Why didn't fox just fire both Kinberg and Trank in 2015?

Despite my feelings toward Trank unfairly getting the blame, I am still happy that things cut up with Kinberg, he was riding the cocktails of DOFP, a movie that the sole credit goes to Mathew Vaughn and Bryan Singer writing and directing experience and talents, which at that time was nearly perfect to handle the DOFP story because Vaughn had done First Class and Singer had done Valkyrie, a similar plot line of a political assassination like DOFP.

Kinberg finally got exposed as a full hack with dark phoenix but I will still never understand why he went unscratched and Trank took the fall in 2015. weird. Must have been a case of internal connections, casting couch and personal friendships for Kinberg that Fox protected him for so long while Trank got the door.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-27-2019 at 12:41 AM.