Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

They better don't come again with the idea of killing some spiders like in "Grim Hunt". I'm a little sick of the old "kill a character who is unpopular, then ressurect it to call attention and then kill it again when it's no longer useful". It's tiresome!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    They better don't come again with the idea of killing some spiders like in "Grim Hunt". I'm a little sick of the old "kill a character who is unpopular, then ressurect it to call attention and then kill it again when it's no longer useful". It's tiresome!!
    Agreed. Look at what happened to Ben Reilly and Mattie Franklin, though at least Mattie got a better showing for herself in Silk's Clone Conspiracy tie-in than she did in Grim Hunt.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreed. Look at what happened to Ben Reilly and Mattie Franklin, though at least Mattie got a better showing for herself in Silk's Clone Conspiracy tie-in than she did in Grim Hunt.
    Honestly, even although she wasn't the most popular of the Spider-Women, I wish she would have survived. I would have liked to see her taking part of the Spider-Verse or the Spider-Geddon.

Honestly, even although she wasn't the most popular of the Spider-Women, I wish she would have survived. I would have liked to see her taking part of the Spider-Verse or the Spider-Geddon.
    I really enjoyed Mattie's original series. Everything after that was just... not good. She deserved way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I really enjoyed Mattie's original series. Everything after that was just... not good. She deserved way better.
    Very much agreed.

It was probably bad timing for her, with the character in a major storyline at a time when they were trying to reduce the number of spider-characters, rather than celebrate it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

That's honestly funny to think about, Mattie and Ben came back in Clones Conspiracy (Technically Ben came back before, we see him around "hiring" people with the clones, but it's only in CC we learn it's him), but the treatment Ben got was disrespectful to his character, and he stayed alive after the story, meanwhile, Mattie's was pretty respectful to her, to the point Cindy was depressed about her dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It was probably bad timing for her, with the character in a major storyline at a time when they were trying to reduce the number of spider-characters, rather than celebrate it.
    At least Marvel didn't go full "Post-Crisis Krypton" with that, since they only really killed two Spider-Characters, Cassandra and Mattie, technically Kaine was killed there too, but the story ends with him resurrecting.

If anything, the story got rid of more Kravinovs than Spiders, ironically enough, since Sasha and Vladimir were killed by Kraven, and Alexei is implied to be about to be killed by Ana (Which was later confirmed to be the case).

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's honestly funny to think about, Mattie and Ben came back in Clones Conspiracy (Technically Ben came back before, we see him around "hiring" people with the clones, but it's only in CC we learn it's him), but the treatment Ben got was disrespectful to his character, and he stayed alive after the story, meanwhile, Mattie's was pretty respectful to her, to the point Cindy was depressed about her dying.

At least Marvel didn't go full "Post-Crisis Krypton" with that, since they only really killed two Spider-Characters, Cassandra and Mattie, technically Kaine was killed there too, but the story ends with him resurrecting.

If anything, the story got rid of more Kravinovs than Spiders, ironically enough, since Sasha and Vladimir were killed by Kraven, and Alexei is implied to be about to be killed by Ana (Which was later confirmed to be the case).
    Oh, yeah, in Scarlet Spider starring Kaine. Fun times. And yes, the disparate treatment Ben and Mattie got in Clone Conspiracy is funny to think about, but in a sad kind of way.

Oh, yeah, in Scarlet Spider starring Kaine. Fun times. And yes, the disparate treatment Ben and Mattie got in Clone Conspiracy is funny to think about, but in a sad kind of way.
    Yeah it's pretty sad, the one who was disrespected stayed alive, the respected one unambiguously died, poor Mattie.

Yeah it's pretty sad, the one who was disrespected stayed alive, the respected one unambiguously died, poor Mattie.
    Stayed alive just to get flogged some more and then dropped into comic book limbo. Reminds me of this line in Pet Sematary: "Sometimes, dead is better."

They should've kept her alive after Clone Conspiracy. She's Jonah's adoptive daughter, so that would've caused some drama... especially since he now knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man and therefore his opinion of the spider heroes has changed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should've kept her alive after Clone Conspiracy. She's Jonah's adoptive daughter, so that would've caused some drama... especially since he now knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man and therefore his opinion of the spider heroes has changed.
    Agreed, and very much so.

The last issue did show Kindred spoilers:
    bringing back Sin-Eater.
    end of spoilers There might be some kind of spoilers:
    showdown between Spider-Man and some of his dead enemies,
    end of spoilers although would that be fundamentally different from spoilers:
    Clone Conspiracy?
    end of spoilers

If he's planning to target Peter's friends, spoilers:
    what if he brings back Spider-Gwen's version of Peter Parker? What if he's the reason Uncle Aaron's not dead?
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets