Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Last Remains" speculation

According to the solicitations for January's Amazing Spider-Man, something called "Last Remains" is coming and the build-up starts with Issue 37.

Bleeding Cool thinks the timing of the launch of a satellite book is going to be based on that story.

So, what do you think "Last Remains" could be?

It does seem like it could be part of the 50th issue (unless the book goes back to ASM's original numbering with #850)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Last Remains is almost certainly the "Hunted" for Year 2 of the book, the next big Spider event, and based on timing will very likely be part of #50 (I also highly doubt they're gonna end up going back to legacy numbering again)

Also almost certainly will be the big Spider-Man Vs. Kindred story, where they finally meet face to face and possibly find out his true identity, and if we take #25 into account, we'll probably be getting either several mini-series or one-shots where Kindred goes after the other Spiders or other characters. (I can see it being very Batman Death Of The Family-esque)

no idea google takes me to a song by nachi. I guess the event should be about Kindred maybe getting us closer to his identity.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Last Remains is almost certainly the "Hunted" for Year 2 of the book, the next big Spider event, and based on timing will very likely be part of #50 (I also highly doubt they're gonna end up going back to legacy numbering again)

Also almost certainly will be the big Spider-Man Vs. Kindred story, where they finally meet face to face and possibly find out his true identity, and if we take #25 into account, we'll probably be getting either several mini-series or one-shots where Kindred goes after the other Spiders or other characters. (I can see it being very Batman Death Of The Family-esque)
    I hope they don't kill any of the spiders.

Jessica, Miles and Gwen are safe because Gwen and Miles have an on-going, and Jessica will get one, Otto probably won't be part of it since he isn't a Spider anymore, and Silk is in another comic, but I dunno if she'll still be there if Last Remains happens, so she might be safe, so keeping this in mind, Ben is probably gonna be the one to die, which would be lame because all he did after coming back was become an ******* trying to do better, then reset to "factory setting", only to die here? Come on...

Also worth keeping in mind:

I wonder who the guy below Ben is, I assumed it was Kaine ASAP, but we can see that the color of his costume on the neck area is red, instead of black, there's also that zoomed in green eye, was Julia green eyed before she went blind?

Oh well, really hope no Spiders die, or this could be another Grim Hunt, where a D-Lister Spider dies for the sake of drama...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Jessica, Miles and Gwen are safe because Gwen and Miles have an on-going, and Jessica will get one, Otto probably won't be part of it since he isn't a Spider anymore, and Silk is in another comic, but I dunno if she'll still be there if Last Remains happens, so she might be safe, so keeping this in mind, Ben is probably gonna be the one to die, which would be lame because all he did after coming back was become an ******* trying to do better, then reset to "factory setting", only to die here? Come on...

I wonder who the guy below Ben is, I assumed it was Kaine ASAP, but we can see that the color of his costume on the neck area is red, instead of black, there's also that zoomed in green eye, was Julia green eyed before she went blind?

Oh well, really hope no Spiders die, or this could be another Grim Hunt, where a D-Lister Spider dies for the sake of drama...
    Yeah, that would suck immensely.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

.LR issues, baby! Whoop whoop!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

True. Plue the legacy numbering is already on the cover. Maybe it will just be "bigger" than normal lol.

Besides, #49 would technically be #850.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Silk's book, Atlantis Attacks (the third consecutive New Agents of Atlas mini), should run until May. ASM will only be up to issue 46 by then, so it depends if Atlas gets yet another extension. If it gets a fourth arc, she's safe.

That green eye could be MJ?

As for cannon fodder, the candidates would be Julia Carpenter, Ben Reilly, Kaine Parker, or Anya Corazon. I assume other than Gwen, no AU spiders will be involved.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't really see any of the Spiders dying in it. I think after Grim Hunt and Spider-Verse, it feels like they learned their lesson over killing the lesser characters "just because". Spider-Geddon, Hunted, and Absolute Carnage had very small body counts in the grand scheme of things so I think just keeping them in some peril or danger would do fine (again just like in Death Of The Family).

Miles, Gwen, Jessica, and Silk are the most likely examples, since they are the biggest of the other Spiders. Ben being on the wall makes me assume he will also be involved, but you never know especially given how absent he is. Kaine, Anya, Julia, etc. are also ones I could see going either way whether they'll show up or not, just given the limbo nature of their statuses that's been for a while.

Also extra note: I really hope Last Remains will be a (if not completely at least mostly) Ryan Ottley arc, after being saddled with just shorter arcs thrown sparadorically throughout the run, and especially after the Absolute Carnage issues, I'm craving some more Ottley goodness HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Silk's book, Atlantis Attacks (the third consecutive New Agents of Atlas mini), should run until May. ASM will only be up to issue 46 by then, so it depends if Atlas gets yet another extension. If it gets a fourth arc, she's safe.
    Thanks for the info.

That green eye could be MJ?
    Could be, but there are two problems with that, first, everyone else in the picture are Spiders, MJ had Spider-Powers for all of 5 minutes, but she's definitely not considered one currently, second, Kindred back in ASM#23 said that he'd never hurt MJ, even said he'd protect her.

But then again, it's also worth keeping in mind that he doesn't talk like he's going to attack the other spiders, just "meet through friends", though since it's Kindred, it could that he's going to attack them, but the problem is, if he's going to attack the spiders, and MJ is included, then that'd just contradict his monologue from ASM#23 for no reason, unless he attacks them but not her.

As for cannon fodder, the candidates would be Julia Carpenter, Ben Reilly, Kaine Parker, or Anya Corazon. I assume other than Gwen, no AU spiders will be involved.
    I mean, to be fair, killing Kaine would have no impact, he dies like every year.

Ben, you can argue he's becoming like Kaine with his deaths too.

So that leaves Julia and Anya who could be in real trouble if they're in this story, they're not really popular and their deaths could end up being permanent because of that.

Thinking of it, since Charlotte returned randomly, maybe she'll be there to die?

I don't really see any of the Spiders dying in it. I think after Grim Hunt and Spider-Verse, it feels like they learned their lesson over killing the lesser characters "just because". Spider-Geddon, Hunted, and Absolute Carnage had very small body counts in the grand scheme of things so I think just keeping them in some peril or danger would do fine (again just like in Death Of The Family).
    Well, Spider-Geddon killed Spider-UK and Noir, though I think Noir is returning, but I'm not sure about UK.

Miles, Gwen, Jessica, and Silk are the most likely examples, since they are the biggest of the other Spiders. Ben being on the wall makes me assume he will also be involved, but you never know especially given how absent he is. Kaine, Anya, Julia, etc. are also ones I could see going either way whether they'll show up or not, just given the limbo nature of their statuses that's been for a while.
    If Jessica is any hint, being in a preview of an event like that doesn't mean they'll actually be there, since she was in ASM#600's preview of Grim Hunt, but she was completely absent from the arc itself.

You can make the same argument about Otto, but I'd say it's a different case, since Grim Hunt had them using Madame Web's clairvoyant powers to see the future, so Jessica being absent is noticeable, Otto, you can say that Kindred was planning to have him involved, but he stopped being a Spider so now he just has to be scratched from the list.

So yeah, Ben being there doesn't mean he'll actually be part of the event...

Also extra note: I really hope Last Remains will be a (if not completely at least mostly) Ryan Ottley arc, after being saddled with just shorter arcs thrown sparadorically throughout the run, and especially after the Absolute Carnage issues, I'm craving some more Ottley goodness HARD.
    Yeah, something is up about Ottley, I didn't care much about his art style when I started to read Spencer's ASM, but if he's gone for too long I start to miss it, and I still don't care much about his art style, so what the hell? Lol.

Also, I just realized something, and I'm probably overthinking, but Kindred looking at the portraits of the characters reminded me of this cover:

It also helps that in AC tie ins we got flashbacks of Gwen's death, or at least close enough to it, but then again, it's only natural for that to happen, since it had Peter remembering how Norman made him suffer.

Still, this could be used as an argument that Gwen is Kindred, as that cover has all of those characters, but Gwen is the focus, and if you pay attention, Peter is actually looking at her, and in that page with Kindred, there's a bunch of portraits, with Peter as the focus, and Kindred is looking at him, I guess that'd be pretty symbolic.

It's odd how Kindred is different from the typical Spider-Man big bad in that he hasn't fought Spider-Man yet, compared to the Green Goblin, the Jackal, the Hobgoblin and Menace, all of whom fought Spider-Man a few times before they were unmasked.

It's possible that Spider-Man's first actual encounter with Kindred will be in the same arc in which Kindred's identity is revealed and the arc presumably ends (of course, it could end up going differently. Maybe readers learn who Kindred is but Spider-Man doesn't setting up Year 3 of Spencer's run, maybe there's more to Kindred after Spider-Man learns his identity setting up a future rematch.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's odd how Kindred is different from the typical Spider-Man big bad in that he hasn't fought Spider-Man yet, compared to the Green Goblin, the Jackal, the Hobgoblin and Menace, all of whom fought Spider-Man a few times before they were unmasked.
    That's almost definitely intentional, to make him be set apart from the rest.

It's possible that Spider-Man's first actual encounter with Kindred will be in the same arc in which Kindred's identity is revealed and the arc presumably ends (of course, it could end up going differently. Maybe readers learn who Kindred is but Spider-Man doesn't setting up Year 3 of Spencer's run, maybe there's more to Kindred after Spider-Man learns his identity setting up a future rematch.)
    After ASM#24, I was thinking that Peter would recognize him as soon as he saw Kindred face to face, since Kindred talks like he knows Peter so much, it'd be very possible that Peter knows him a lot too, and the AC tie-in only makes me believe this more, with Norman recognizing him.

Don't think Peter should be kept in the dark while the readers know, it's a waste of time since there's no more mystery to it, it'd just pad out the confrontation. It'd work if the focus went away from Peter and Kindred became basically the villain protagonist for a bit, but I doubt that's happening.

Default What is "Last Remains"?

Recently, with the January solicits, it was discovered that there is a new upcoming Spidey story in ASM called "Last Remains". The buildup seems to be in issue #37 leading somewhere.

However, in looking on Amazon, Vol. 8 of ASM is listed as "Last Remains", even going to issue #41. Amazing Spider-Man by Nick Spencer Vol. 8: Last Remains.

So what is the storyline about? And if Vol. 8 is Last Remains, then what is issue 41 about?

Based on the solicits, it sounds like #37-41 will be the buildup to whatever "Last Remains" is and then sometime between #42 and 50 will be the actual storyline, since Vol. 8 appears to be primarily a Peter and Jonah story.

We don't know what it is exactly yet, but it seems almost certainly will involve Kindred's next big movie against Peter (he's mentioned in the solicit for #40), and most likely involve the tease at the end of #25 where he'll be targeting the other Spiders to get to him.

Yeah... one spider in particular, I suspect. Silk. She's Jonah's friend (he was her boss at Fact Channel) and he calls her Analog because she uses pen and paper and was clearly not up to date with computers when they first met (she was confused about the lack of the now-obsolete Netscape Navigator). He doesn't know Cindy is a superhero though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman