Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I think Man-Thing is getting a new comic, one-shot or mini, after his ties to Weapon Plus were revealed in that earlier one-shot, specifically fielded as a counter to Krakoa. As for the symbiotes, given how they've induced and/or exacerbated mental and emotional instability in their hosts, using them might actually backfire on Weapon Plus.
    Yes but Maker said something interesting in the last issue of Venom, that now he sees the humanity as his new hive. So if someone menaces his hive I could see a new spaw of venom joining weapon plus , maybe sleeper once they defeat knull

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Yeah I agree, the cast is very white. I'd be very up for Dr Reyes to join the cast full time. Jesse Bedlam would be a good add as well as tying back into the X-Force name and Thernody would be another great add who could work well with the premise.
    Threnody would make an amazing addition as she would probably end up a soft hound for Krakoa and the books would have to justify.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    A Bishop/Gambit duo would be nice to see
    Yeah but only if it has to do with Le Bette Noir. Which is still the best defense as to why Bishop went so dark years ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Yeah but only if it has to do with Le Bette Noir. Which is still the best defense as to why Bishop went so dark years ago.
    Meh. I’m fine blaming it on the tone deaf straight, white, male creators who perpetrated that nonsense in the first place. As far I’m concerned, THAT Bishop died when Storm deleted those memories from the real Bishop’s mind.

Otherwise, I’d rather see Hope turn out to be the mass murderer that Bishop new she’d become.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Oh, I agree there’s a difference. I just think Novissimo is a bit broader than your interpretation. The image I posted above mentioned technology AND biology and genetic engineering. Cap fits the bill.
    Got to politely disagree there.

Think about everything that we have ever heard about the Captain.

He was an attempt at achieving the pinnacle of Human potential.

Humans/Mutants/Novissimo

That Captain America is at the peak of the first group doesn't mean that he has anything to do with the final group.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Got to politely disagree there.

Think about everything that we have ever heard about the Captain.

He was an attempt at achieving the pinnacle of Human potential.

Humans/Mutants/Novissimo

That Captain America is at the peak of the first group doesn't mean that he has anything to do with the final group.
    Where do you think the final group comes from? They are literally humans biologically and technologically engineered to be superhuman. My read is that Novissimo is the “scientific” term for enhanced humans who aren’t mutants. That is Cap, and nothing written contradicts that thus far.

Where do you think the final group comes from? They are literally humans biologically and technologically engineered to be superhuman. My read is that Novissimo is the “scientific” term for enhanced humans who aren’t mutants. That is Cap, and nothing written contradicts that thus far.
    Put simply, things pretty clearly lay out that the Novissima are a "Post-Human" race.

Whatever the Captain is, he ain't that. He is still squarely in the "Human"(Enhanced) pile. Nowhere near the category we are talking about.

Even the characters in this issue are only a baby step in what one day might be Novissima. Never mind Captain America.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Put simply, things pretty clearly lay out that the Novissima are a "Post-Human" race.

Whatever the Captain is, he ain't that. He is still squarely in the "Human"(Enhanced) pile. Nowhere near the category we are talking about.

Even the characters in this issue are only a baby step in what one day might be Novissima. Never mind Captain America.
    Cap is a product of Weapon Plus. He’s literally the product of human attempts to achieve post-humanity. At the very least, he’s proto-Novissimo. As per the page I posted (and I’m the only one providing receipts here), the machines were meant to buy humans time while they created a race of super-humans. Cap. Fits. The. Bill.

Astonishing Member

Cap is a product of Weapon Plus. He’s literally the product of human attempts to achieve post-humanity. At the very least, he’s proto-Novissimo. As per the page I posted (and I’m the only one providing receipts here), the machines were meant to buy humans time while they created a race of super-humans. Cap. Fits. The. Bill.
    Yeah I agree with TQC Cap does fit the bill for one of the earliest attempts at Novissimo. I wouldn't put it past Hickman to directly reference this later on down the storyline.

BANNED

Even if he is proto -Novissimo that really matters ? He doesnt see himself as anything but human, and if you are saying that X-men should kill just because he is a "proto- Novissimo" I remind you there are already other super soldiers so it would be too late for that. I would be funny see the X-men attacking a Elijah Bradley just because he carries the super soldier serum in his blood.

The problem with that assertion is that is just is not the case.

He was the product of a "Human"/"Human" arms race. No one was even thinking in the terms that you are describing. The Captain has always been described as an attempt at "Pinnacle" human. There is nothing "Post" about that.

More to the point, the "Machines As A Bridge To A Fully 'Post'-Human Race..." period was hundreds of years in the future.

Them both being steps forward in their own context does not mean that they are even remotely related.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 12-01-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Threnody would make an amazing addition as she would probably end up a soft hound for Krakoa and the books would have to justify.
    Threnody in Excalibur or in whatever team is going to investigate deaths before resurrecting mutants. Hickman, make it happen!

Astonishing Member

These guys are certainly proto-novissimo but that doesn’t mean Cap isn’t a novissimo, if that’s even what you’re implying. He fits the bill as it’s been defined thus far.
    While Cap (as the aim/starting point/reference for various bio-enhancement programs) and probably Torch (as the same for artificial humans/robotics) are a evolutionary components of Novissimo; they and their successors have been notoriously hard to either properly replicate or to control.

An assembly line approach, using the genetic samples left by god knows how many dead heroes and villains as a starting point for future refinery, eliminates both of the preceding problems. And by making them even more disposable than Sentinels, they avoid the problems they’ve had with them as well.

These Marauders are the precursors of the next step, the mechanisation of creating post-humans, with none of that pesky rebellion. And odds are Seoul isn’t the only site

Interesting to me that Beast claims to not believe in prayer. He has, throughout his history, been portrayed as a character with a deep if somewhat hidden faith. Yet he "remembers" a prayer. Wonder if this represents and existential change for Hank? And that closing scene with Domino. Ugh.
    Last edited by JTFSXX; 12-03-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    Interesting to me that Beast claims to not believe in prayer. He has, throughout his history, been portrayed as a character with a deep if somewhat hidden faith. Yet he "remembers" a prayer. Wonder if this represents and existential change for Hank?
    Begging Trish Tilby for a lap dance and table scraps is not the the same thing as praying
    GrindrStone(D)