Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Lightbulb X-Force #2 review feat Xaviers corpse *spoilers*

The book picks up where the last one left off with Magneto going Shakespeare about his lover Xavier. Jean makes a super sentai sword out of the remains of Cerebro and gifts it to Magneto, maybe making him the red ranger I dunno.

Jean and Beast go to a cradle to try and get a new Cerebro to work because apparently that's not covered in their trouble shooting guide.

Cut to Sage (who every time I keep thinking is Jubilee thanks to Sage being rebooted from a 90s operating system) and DOCTOR CECILIA REYES, (whose probably taking some time from her besties Marrow and Maggott) to examine the bodies of the people who invaded Krakoa and find that they ain't as human as they seemed. More built to kill reaver-esque humanoids. Wolverine gets angsty and goes to cut things up.

Cut to the preview pages of Wolverine and his buddy Kid Omega. They find the facility which is building the Human people.

Back to Sage cosplaying as Jubilee and her and Jean examine more of the soldier bodies which leads to some wonderful art and a glorious page spread.

Wolverine and Kid Omega get attacked by not completed humanoids and stumble upon a half skinned Domino.

This was VERY VERY good. I enjoyed it even more than the previous issue. The art was beautiful again and every character sounded like themselves which in this new dawn seems to be a difficult feat. Kid Omega took over this issue from Black Tom who was mainly feeling sorry for Black Tom.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Agree. Good issue. Really dig the art. The humanoids aspect was interesting. And interested in seeing where Percy takes that.

Fantastic issue. The team of Cassara and White on art elevates this series so much. As it stands this is still far and away my favorite series of the launch.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Sage and jean ❤️

Tenebrae you need to do all the x-force reviews.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Sage and jean ❤️

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Loved this so much. While I enjoyed the first issue, this was much stronger. Art and characters were great. Poor Domino.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Comixology still showing last week books and late releases.

64b.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

God, I love this book. Fantastic! I didn't want it to end.

Everyone is great in this. Sage is great. Beast and Jean conversing is great as they sounded like old friends, and Jean in this detective type role is refreshing. The shot of all the mutants surrounding Charles is gorgeous. Quentin and Logan are great together.

The assassins are hardcore dangerous (explosive putty in their teeth?). This group = nasty villains and they deserve the beatdown they have coming, especially for what they did to Domino.
    Last edited by JB; 11-27-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

And with this issue, X-Force cements itself as the strongest book of the relaunch. Mi biggest gripe is the cast is depressingly white. No excuse for it. I also hope they don’t belabor Xavier’s resurrection. We know it’s coming, so there’s no drama in delaying it too long.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Just in time to segue into "Marvel's Incoming!" perhaps.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Gorgeous. I don't immediately recognize some of them. Is that Laura Northstar is consoling?

You're preaching to the choir, Hank.

"From the moment he declared mutant sovereignty, he must have felt the sword of Damocles hovering over him. He must have known it would one day fall".

"Of course he knew, Hank. That's why we're here."
    Last edited by JB; 11-27-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    And with this issue, X-Force cements itself as the strongest book of the relaunch. Mi biggest gripe is the cast is depressingly white. No excuse for it. I also hope they don’t belabor Xavier’s resurrection. We know it’s coming, so there’s no drama in delaying it too long.
    Yeah I agree, the cast is very white. I'd be very up for Dr Reyes to join the cast full time. Jesse Bedlam would be a good add as well as tying back into the X-Force name and Thernody would be another great add who could work well with the premise.

I'd love to see recently resurrected Skin and Synch join this bunch. Something dangerous and severe for their return, away from their former teammates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Yeah I agree, the cast is very white. I'd be very up for Dr Reyes to join the cast full time. Jesse Bedlam would be a good add as well as tying back into the X-Force name and Thernody would be another great add who could work well with the premise.
    Yeah, if can get CeCe and Forge on the reg, that’d be great.