Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Why the trouble of making Xavier drink a tracer?
    Just poison his drink or make him swallow a nano-bomb.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Terror. They killed 33 mutants and destroyed the celebratory vibe. It's why the team is moving as fast as they can to resurrect Charles before faith is lost.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

The Jean/Magneto scene looks like Magneto rearranged the metal cerebro. It looked like his power signature and not pink like Jean’s. She grabs the cerebro (pink signature) and the next frame Magneto has his hand out and it starts to change (white power signature like earlier). He forms the sword in front of her and she sends it back to him

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    With the resurrection protocol from HoX, death is no longer a source of tension. That was the point of it as anyone that dies is fair game to come back. The solicits didnt spoil anything. Xavier's death is a plot point here to catalyze the formation of X-Force.
    Fair, I suppose. The Resurrection Protocol keeps me from getting too invested in any of the action or violence. If I had any skill at making GIFs, I'd make one of Mallory Archer from Archer yelling "I'LL BUY YOU A NEW ONE!" every time someone dies

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Gambit pileup?

+ ONE HAND...True perpetrators try to sucker Krakoa into blaming Sokovia for X's "death," make them form X-Force and demonstrate "mutant-masterminded regime change" on Sokovia, then point fingers and say to the rest of the world, "What'd I tell you?"
    + BUT...X also inviting assassination on himself to indeed give Krakoa a reason for X-Force, further turn more on-the-fence mutants further away from non-essential sapien interaction and...whatever the Deadly Alliance hints at in "Marvel's Incoming."
    Indeed. Everybody wins! Or loses. Depends on your perspective.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If Hickman's run doesn't end with Erik using the Cerebrosaber to slash a planet-sized Master Mold God Devo in half, I will drop all comics.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If Hickman's run doesn't end with Erik using the Cerebrosaber to slash a planet-sized Master Mold God Devo in half, I will drop all comics.
    That would be awesome to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post

They probably needed to track him back to the mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    The Jean/Magneto scene looks like Magneto rearranged the metal cerebro. It looked like his power signature and not pink like Jean’s. She grabs the cerebro (pink signature) and the next frame Magneto has his hand out and it starts to change (white power signature like earlier). He forms the sword in front of her and she sends it back to him
    Yeah I think it was Magneto making the sword. But the way it's drawn is kinda confusing, and I'm not sure what it meant exactly.

The use of a true ensemble cast here is great. I love this book.

BANNED

This was lovely. I like how this is symmetrically opposed to X-Men and New Mutants, who feel more like the adventure/optimism book than the more gritty and tense vibe of X-Force. It's a nice balance. You know why the X-Men love Krakoa, but you also see how it's still not enough and humans will keep coming against them until they are all dead.

Some pretty cool clarifications were made. Keeping only one Cerebro active is valid for safety reasons. Taking out Xavier is something with lasting consequences, same for the humans going for the headshot. This whole operation was a success because they took both Charles and Cerebro in a single strike.

The whole explanation of how Domino was trapped was very interesting. I'm digging the whole spy thing going on. Never thought I'd be sad for Black Tom, but the poor boy will probably never stop beating himself for his failure. Wolverine keeping his stance from HoX #5 is a great touch. Not sure if his belief on Xavier being opposed to Magneto's view is optimistic or correct. Resetting Quentin back to Magneto-lite was a great idea, by the way.

All in all, a 9/10. Better than the first and here's hoping for more.

Fantastic Member

So where’s Cerebra?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Pretty hardcore book... gruesome.

Wolverine suddenly became VERY "in-character" I hope all the fans who were wondering when someone would be "skeptical" or "resist" the Krakoan mentality would emerge are satisfied now. He's also way more vicious now, compared to most other characters, so there's that...

I'm surprised it's such a major plot point how difficult it is to revive Xavier, but :shrug: we'll see how it goes. Jean ought to be able.

Sage looks too much like Jubilee and Jean's face looks old/odd.

Overall, goodish but not amazing. Which is how I felt about issue 1 as well.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Pretty hardcore book... gruesome.

Wolverine suddenly became VERY "in-character" I hope all the fans who were wondering when someone would be "skeptical" or "resist" the Krakoan mentality would emerge are satisfied now. He's also way more vicious now, compared to most other characters, so there's that...

I'm surprised it's such a major plot point how difficult it is to revive Xavier, but :shrug: we'll see how it goes. Jean ought to be able.

Sage looks too much like Jubilee and Jean's face looks old/odd.

Overall, goodish but not amazing. Which is how I felt about issue 1 as well.
    Seems in Wolverine’s case, he was he’s been in character the longest especially since he was the one who raised objections about the villains being allowed there. So this is definitely consistent from what we’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Resetting Quentin back to Magneto-lite was a great idea, by the way.

All in all, a 9/10. Better than the first and here's hoping for more.
    Agreed. Morrison’s Quentin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Latour’s Quentin >>>>>>>>>> Strain’s Quentin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thompson’s Quentin = Aaron’s Quentin