Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    Interesting to me that Beast claims to not believe in prayer. He has, throughout his history, been portrayed as a character with a deep if somewhat hidden faith. Yet he "remembers" a prayer. Wonder if this represents and existential change for Hank? And that closing scene with Domino. Ugh.
    People's faith and prayer can be broken. I bet you yourself know plenty of people that grew up with faith and now no longer beleive in it

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Begging Trish Tilby for a lap dance and table scraps is not the the same thing as praying
    I don't know...you know...forgive me for things done, things left undone....

Absolutely. That's why I think that it may be a significant moment for Hank...evidence of a broken faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People's faith and prayer can be broken. I bet you yourself know plenty of people that grew up with faith and now no longer beleive in it
    Absolutely. That's why I think that it may be a significant moment for Hank...evidence of a broken faith.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't have a problem with religion but I don't think it would be a good development for Beast.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Funny enough, Beast actually had a discussion with Spider-Man about this topic a few real-life years ago in the Amazing Spider-Man miniseries/TPB Amazing Grace, when Spidey was having a personal crisis over the possibility of genuine divine intervention after having renounced his own faith for some unknown reason, and Beast said something to the effect that the modern-day superheroes might as well be gods, in a manner of speaking.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

surprised that their is nothing wrong with Xavier face
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't have a problem with religion but I don't think it would be a good development for Beast.
    While Beast has never been "religious," he has at various points in his history mentioned having faith and so if this comment reflects a loss of faith, THAT is the development. I can see him looking at things either way based on his character history....just think that it is interesting.

Extraordinary Member

One could have 'faith' but not be a 'prayer' kind of person. That said, if any amount of thought was given to this I would bet that it was just as simple as Beast is 'science guy' and that character type has basically adopted the not-religious trait at this point.

BANNED

A little late, but. Dean White blesses any book he touches. This book #1

Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    This is what happens when you start fooling around with dark magic
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver