Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Nothing needs to be grimdark or pew pew. Guy is a career cop. Someone just assassinated the leader of Krakoa, and Logan and Quentin and Jean are the go to investigation team? Okay.
    As Marauders established, Bishop was already on assignment for Xavier. And in fairness, I can see why a new “mutant CIA” might want to leave Bishop out of the core post-Messiah Complex. He is also one of the captains.

Nothing needs to be grimdark or pew pew. Guy is a career cop. Someone just assassinated the leader of Krakoa, and Logan and Quentin and Jean are the go to investigation team? Okay.
    I think people just misunderstand Bishop sometimes. I never saw him as this grimdark dude. he's just very literal... kinda like Temperance Brennan from "Bones".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Bishop isn't grimdark for some times;

He is a very good detective and owuld benefit a lot on being on a serious book
    And I already replied to his comment. If you happen to have a criticism of your own and not someone else’s I will be happy to address it.

Percy addresses a lot of stuff in this issue that reveals a lot more about the mutants views on things. Each character feels like they are speaking their own mind, and feel like the characters we know. I forgot how much I loved his early Green Arrow issues (compared to the end of his run).

Other than the needless data pages, my only complaint is pretty minor, but how are Logan and Quentin getting around all over the place so quickly when everyone else needs Kate to sail them by sea.
    I'm glad Kitty isn't everyone's transportation, it's just silly when they literally have portals all over the world.... And Logan doesn't have time to waste to track down the attackers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I think people just misunderstand Bishop sometimes. I never saw him as this grimdark dude. he's just very literal... kinda like Temperance Brennan from "Bones".
    I don’t think Bishop is grimdark. I do think his stories have been bleak misery for most of the last decade-plus. So I’m fine with him not being here. I also think this roster is unique for an X-Force team, with several underused people or various types you wouldn’t expect. It’s not a black ops squad, it’s more of a globetrotting spy book. Bishop is not a spy.

Im glad they arent using Kate's boat. I think its dumb that they arent using X-Jets or other teleporters to get around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I'm glad Kitty isn't everyone's transportation, it's just silly when they literally have portals all over the world.... And Logan doesn't have time to waste to track down the attackers
    I can see how my point was lost, lol. What I meant is that other books seemed to make a point out of slowing down the travel, they just happened to do so by have Kate guest star or whatever, but here we have Logan seemingly being able to travel instantly wherever he wants, so it is a little jarring.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don’t think Bishop is grimdark. I do think his stories have been bleak misery for most of the last decade-plus. So I’m fine with him not being here. I also think this roster is unique for an X-Force team, with several underused people or various types you wouldn’t expect. It’s not a black ops squad, it’s more of a globetrotting spy book. Bishop is not a spy.
    I get that, but when I saw Colossus on the roster, 'spy' was not something that came to mind so he could easily have been replaced by Bishop (or anyone else).

They may have used Vanisher offscreen or something. It's not that important.

I agree with those who say this book has been the best out of the relaunch. This book actually feels like an ensemble cast of characters. I also like that Logan hasn't bought into the whole "mutant supremacy" schtick as that has never been apart of his character. I don't like the Quire kid, so it made me smile to see him bitch out once he realized his powers weren't working.
    Agreed. With all of this. 100%.

I can see how my point was lost, lol. What I meant is that other books seemed to make a point out of slowing down the travel, they just happened to do so by have Kate guest star or whatever, but here we have Logan seemingly being able to travel instantly wherever he wants, so it is a little jarring.
    I think they used it to established the Kate as captain sailing the boat. we still don't see the teams using the jets on DoX

I get that, but when I saw Colossus on the roster, 'spy' was not something that came to mind so he could easily have been replaced by Bishop (or anyone else).
    Colossus is a tank, not a spy or detective

Marauders and X-Force should make a trade... Bishop and Storm for Black Tom and Kid Omega.
    I’d rather have Forge and Monet in exchange for those two. The banter between M and Logan could be largely the same as she’s quite arrogant too.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

They already established there's Krakoan portals all over the world. He probably took the one in Seoul and walked.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Colossus already did espionage work for them in Russia. Later he is a perfectly viable tip of the spear, same as Wolverine or Warpath in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They already established there's Krakoan portals all over the world. He probably took the one in Seoul and walked.
    Yeah, but they are supposedly in a lockdown.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is rather minor, except when someone makes it a plot point the reader wonders why they didn't just get the Vanisher or something. It is the kind of thing people can't help but to wonder about when the publisher tries to make the books so interconnected, and people have been wondering why there has not been more use of quick travel in the other books.