Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Somewhere in the deepest, darkest pit in hell, Freud is smiling.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Straight people are so weird. I mean, I've called a few guys daddy, but none of them actually resembled my father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Somewhere in the deepest, darkest pit in hell, Freud is smiling.
    Why would you take psycho analysis advice on this site seriously?
    "Cable was right!"

Totally looks like Amara or Deathbird.

ninadacosta.jpg
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Quick show of hands... am I the only person who thinks Sunspot has lost about 20 points of IQ? He's gone from "(not-so) evil mastermind running complex plans that outsmarted Ultimate Reed Richards" to "Bruce Wayne's playboy persona".
    I feel like he's more of at an in-between stage of his older persona and his New Avengers 'mastermind' development, which feels like a more natural place for him to be than the (IMO, really OOC) role he had as head of the Avengers Idea Mechanics or whatever. I like 'Berto and all, and his time in the Hellfire Club, and taking over his dad's company, logically should have progressed him a bit, but that felt a bit too far, too fast (since so much of that growth happened off-page). This New Mutants portrayal, where he kind of overconfidently bites off more than he can chew, seems more true to the 'Berto of the day, in that he may have grown, but he's still got a ways to go, and he's still recognizably 'Berto.

But that's just me. I sometimes wince when I see characters I love come off as a bit too perfect. (Hank Pym in Mighty Avengers, as 'Scientist Supreme' for instance, which, no matter how much I like Pym, came across as bad fanfic...) I like the feet of clay a bit too much, and it feels more 'realistic' (as much as such a thing mattes in books about aliens, magicians, mutants, super-powers, giant robots, etc.) if people occasionally make a less optimal choice, due to sentiment or immaturity or emotionalism or hubris or whatever.

That said, I also don't like when someone *always* make the stupid 'dramatic' choices that drag things out and are the exact wrong thing (to pad out the storyline), like the WB's Barry Allen. Grr!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-02-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Didnt feel like derailing the thread so I posted my reply in the New Mutants thread...annnyway it sucks a skinny one that this cast is gonna be rotated out for Glob and his ilk
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

It’s easier to accept this current well-written Sunspot if you consider that Ewing’s strongest and smartest mutant on the planet Earth was a fairly absurd direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It’s easier to accept this current well-written Sunspot if you consider that Ewing’s strongest and smartest mutant on the planet Earth was a fairly absurd direction.
    His latter half Avengers tenure when he was in the USAvengers book s just silly. Let's hope that Citizen V/X bullsh!t doesn't float to the surface
    GrindrStone(D)

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Holy hell. I'm still agog over the GORGEOUS last page.

Mama bird is home! Cal'syee Cabal, unite!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Holy hell. I'm still agog over the GORGEOUS last page.

Mama bird is home! Cal'syee Cabal, unite!
    I am surprised to find out how much I missed Deathbird. Long may she reign! (or co-reign. Or manipulate the doof on the throne from behind the scenes. Whatev. I'm there for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Straight people are so weird.
    THIS is a Truth Fact.

I mean, I've called a few guys daddy, but none of them actually resembled my father.
    Ha ha.
    Same.
    But I've got legit Daddy issues.