Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default It was bound happen sooner or later: Franklin Richards choice

So if you are like me and gave the new previews a look you will see that coming soon young Franklin Richards will be given a choice, Stay with his family or go "home" to Krakoa.
    So where do you all think this mini will go? I mean we know that when the F4 met Cyclops they expressed some worry over the direction the X-men took but will that worry become something more or will we see something else unfold?

BANNED

He’ll probably be given a ‘with us or against us’ ultimatum from the more extreme mutants.

Huge shift in two flagship franchises' status quos is not happening in a spinoff mini by a third party. It's for funsies! Have fun!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

I'm not too worried about that. Because obviously X-Men is the focus of marvel comics right now. Marvel isn't going to throw dirt on X-Men in exchange for sales. This isn't AVX's day, when X-Men were used only as stepping stones to marvel's cash cow.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    He’ll probably be given a ‘with us or against us’ ultimatum from the more extreme mutants.
    I hope not because while it would be great for Franklin to be on Krakoa he should stay with his family and that's The Fantastic Four. Any mutant minus Apocalypse and Magneto because I expect nothing less from them get in their feelings... well too damn bad. Franklin is a child of parents who love him regardless that he's a mutant and why should he leave them because he's a mutant?
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I hope not because while it would be great for Franklin to be on Krakoa he should stay with his family and that's The Fantastic Four. Any mutant minus Apocalypse and Magneto because I expect nothing less from them get in their feelings... well too damn bad. Franklin is a child of parents who love him regardless that he's a mutant and why should he leave them because he's a mutant?
    He’s a pissy teenage boy who has the opportunity to live on a tropical island exclusive to mutants. What better way to rebel against your flatscan parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    He’s a pissy teenage boy who has the opportunity to live on a tropical island exclusive to mutants. What better way to rebel against your flatscan parents?
    Meh. Franklin should put the entirety of Krakoa into a pocket universe just because he can.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I'm not reading the current FF series, so I don't know if he's having trouble with his parents. But by all indications he's always been happy and well loved by his family. While the FF have always been pretty friendly with the X-men, they didn't leave their last encounter with them on the best of terms. Reed also was part of the Illuminati with Xavier, and knows he can be kind of sketchy. So Franklin really doesn't have any reason to want to go live on Krakoa.

They'll probably argue some kind of mutant solidarity or culture, but that's only even been a thing for a few months. I can't imagine Reed and Sue being thrilled to send their son to be tutored by Apocalypse and the like. Its probably not even an actual mutant solidarity thing, but a power consolidation move by Xavier. You know he wants Franklin because Franklin is ludicrously powerful, and Xavier wants all of the powerful mutants on Krakoa and working for Krakoa.

Look at this! Dying his hair, listening to metal music, burning books, disrespecting his elders, and LIKING SPIDER-MAN?! This is horrifying! Franklin has truly lost his way. No villain on Krakoa can compare to that webheaded menace. And if he's got his creepy crawly legs on the Richards boy's mind, poor Frank will drop his family before you can say "HORDE CULTURE!"

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Bets on Kate being a honey trap for Franklin, his "first"?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Bets on Kate being a honey trap for Franklin, his "first"?
    While Kate’s ambiguously-mid/late twenties mid-life crisis could lead to something that wreck less, I thought seducing underage boys was Betsy’s thing?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I do not follow Fantastic Four or that satelite title they have. But what happened to Franklin? H's older now and suddenly no longer a blond?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I do not follow Fantastic Four or that satelite title they have. But what happened to Franklin? H's older now and suddenly no longer a blond?
    He dyed his hair.

Reed and Sue seem like typical airhead upper class Manhattan parents. It’s incredibly dangerous to spoil and neglect someone as powerful as Franklin.
    Apocalypse could be a stern father figure and prevent Franklin from becoming a neurotic yuppie brat.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Meh. Franklin should put the entirety of Krakoa into a pocket universe just because he can.
    Then Legion puts the entirety of the universe into another box. What has been solved?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    He's been feeling that he isn't pulling his weight on the team since his powers started failing and he couldn't stop the Griever of All Things from killing Molecule Man in the first story arc.
    "Cable was right!"