Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The last time we saw Deathbird she was pregnant. I mean, maybe she has already laid Vulcan's egg ...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Do you think that this reads the same as X-Men though?
    No, but the Summers are a weird family and New Mutants are normal people.

I think this reads way better than the first two issues of X-Men. And I actually probably would have like to see Rod Reis' interpretation of the the scripts for the first two issues of X-Men.

But anyways. This title is charming me more than expected.

The titles I didnt care for are doing a better job at endearing me than the one's I was actually excited about. (X-Men and Excalibur)

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    The Titans the Shiar mentioned are the same machines that the post-Humans would become in life 6?
    Yes, the Titans were about ten Phalanx together.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hickman's Sunspot be like:

"Yeah, space is big, but I'm big...so you better haul ass to space court because I need some satisfaction."

Based.

9/10.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Explain please
    In life 6/x^3 the post-humans would ascend and become part of some sort of super machine being made up of millions of smaller machines.

There were different levels. I believe Titan was the lowest of the Universal ones. Then there's a Stronghold which is made up of a small group of Titans. Finally there's a Dominion made up 10 or more Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Xandra and sunspot are gonna hook up. I’m calling it.
    Maybe even marry making him a king

Also....Xavier will now have the shi’ar as part of the kroaka
    Also deathbird has a child with Vulcan.

Xavier and summers family are going to end up ruling the empire
    Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I’m thinking Sunspot and Xandra are going to hook up too.
    She's barely a year old!

Yeah wasnt she just born. And even at the rate she's growing. She still looks like a 12 yr. old.

Sunspot knows better. But it will be interesting to see what how he gets on the throne.

And I'm super curious to see Hickman do the Shiar story that editorial always laughed at as impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    She's barely a year old!
    Genetically engineered,
    The x-men are speeding up the clone bodies.
    So it’s the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    In life 6/x^3 the post-humans would ascend and become part of some sort of super machine being made up of millions of smaller machines.

There were different levels. I believe Titan was the lowest of the Universal ones. Then there's a Stronghold which is made up of a small group of Titans. Finally there's a Dominion made up 10 or more Titans.
    What is curious is that the Titans were described as hermitic and isolationist societies, while the Strongholds were expansionists.

It is rare for Titans, in the plural, to go to war, unless they refer to what a Stronghold really is and the Shi'ar do not differentiate between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What is curious is that the Titans were described as hermitic and isolationist societies, while the Strongholds were expansionists.

It is rare for Titans, in the plural, to go to war, unless they refer to what a Stronghold really is and the Shi'ar do not differentiate between them.
    I'm guessing that's the case here. Perhaps this Stronghold later becomes the Dominion that rules over the sector in 990 years.

Do you think that this reads the same as X-Men though?
    This reads nothing like x-men

Yeah wasnt she just born. And even at the rate she's growing. She still looks like a 12 yr. old.

Sunspot knows better. But it will be interesting to see what how he gets on the throne.

And I'm super curious to see Hickman do the Shiar story that editorial always laughed at as impossible.
    She was incubating for some time. But still a kid

Not familiar with Sam's wife but I dont like her. Her punching Bobby was so aggressive and unncesary

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Another wonderful issue. Hickman's Berto continues to be amazing, and I love that scene when Dani won the card game. So many great character moments in this.

At this point, I think that X-Men suffers more from the art, than Hickman's dialogue. I think it would do much better if we got someone else doing the interiors for that book.

Enjoyed it, and this is the first time in ages we've seen a true NM tribute book. So much so that it feels a touch out of character with "modern" Dani/Rahne/Yana. But I still love it none the less. My fave book of the DoX titles.

This is the best dang DoX book. SO much personality and fun with an engaging story. I typically hate X-Men in space stories but this is really doing it for me.