Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sick obsession? The dude having a type doesnt mean there is anything sick or obsessive about him
    Hmmm. Emmanuel DaCosta a dark skinned Brazilian went from being basically a slave to a ruthless businessman +multimillionaire. A rarity in 616 Brazil...Marries a red haired American. Their son who despite the money and new status still has his Dark skin seen as a negative
    But You don't see how Sunspots (who literally until this issue ONLY sought after blonde/blue eyed girls) romantic pursuit are problematic???

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Honestly, when this forum talks about relationship, the posts just get so odd.
    it's not that odd....
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Roberto has pristine, divine, and dare I say evangelical taste in partners.
    lol. A nice, clean, pure heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Hes into blonde chicks nothing revolutionarry and thats why hes never had a memorable relationship.
    #truth
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Peple ship him with Monet, anyway it is time for him to get over it.
    ugh this needs to happen soon
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hmmm. Emmanuel DaCosta a dark skinned Brazilian went from being basically a slave to a ruthless businessman +multimillionaire. A rarity in 616 Brazil...Marries a red haired American. Their son who despite the money and new status still has his Dark skin seen as a negative
    But You don't see how Sunspots (who literally until this issue ONLY sought after blonde/blue eyed girls) romantic pursuit are problematic???
    Roberto is biracial with a white mother. Its not surprising that he is attracted to white women and that holds true for many biracial men. That doesnt make them sick or obsessive

Roberto is biracial with a white mother. Its not surprising that he is attracted to white women and that holds true for many biracial men. That doesnt make them sick or obsessive
    Yeah in not saying attraction to is sick or obsessive but only being attracted them in Bertos case is a lil gross and being biracial doesn't make you more or less likely to be attracted to a person. Just saying what kinda message does it send when a darker skinned character from Brazil (a country that probby has a more insidious colorism problem than the Us, and eurocentric standard of beauty) has only been seen lusting for white women 99% of them blondes?

This is Sunspot anytime he enters a room
    GrindrStone(D)

Yeah in not saying attraction to is sick or obsessive but only being attracted them in Bertos case is a lil gross and being biracial doesn't make you more or less likely to be attracted to a person. Just saying what kinda message does it send when a darker skinned character from Brazil (a country that probby has a more insidious colorism problem than the Us, and eurocentric standard of beauty) has only been seen lusting for white women 99% of them blondes?

Here on Brasil the notion of race is heavily tied to money, the perception of it. Anyway, when you think about how 90% of the women on the X-Men/Marvel are white with blomd or some weird color, is not that surprising Sunspot's record.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's a comic with people going down on aliens. What's the big deal with mostly liking white girls?
    "Cable was right!"

Yes it does. Its not uncommon for people to be attracted to people like their parents and considering his mother is white, its not surprising that he may seek a partner like the most important female figure he had in his life. This happens all the time in real life

People don't seem to realize that Sunspot never got over the his first girlfriend Julia who died while trying to save his life, the women he tends to go for all have a superficial resemblance to her.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    People don't seem to realize that Sunspot never got over the his first girlfriend Julia who died while trying to save his life, the women he tends to go for all have a superficial resemblance to her.
    This complaint has nothing to do with canon.

lol
    "Cable was right!"

Quick show of hands... am I the only person who thinks Sunspot has lost about 20 points of IQ? He's gone from "(not-so) evil mastermind running complex plans that outsmarted Ultimate Reed Richards" to "Bruce Wayne's playboy persona".

I'm starting to think that, when he was resurrected on Krakoa after the previous run, they used an old backup, because pretty much all the character development we saw in his tenure as leader of AIM/New Avengers/USAvengers is simply gone. It would also explain why he no longer has the white hair.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Quick show of hands... am I the only person who thinks Sunspot has lost about 20 points of IQ? He's gone from "(not-so) evil mastermind running complex plans that outsmarted Ultimate Reed Richards" to "Bruce Wayne's playboy persona".
    i'm wondering when he gained 20 IQ points. let's be real, was there something in the New Mutants days that pointed to Roberto being an "evil mastermind?" isn't this the same kid who got played by Gideon? he sure wasn't level headed as a kid. i'll take it because it's good for diversity. but i'm not going to pretend that it was organic.

Just saying what kinda message does it send when a darker skinned character from Brazil (a country that probby has a more insidious colorism problem than the Us, and eurocentric standard of beauty) has only been seen lusting for white women 99% of them blondes?
    that he's a lot like his color-struck father. and the latter clearly raised Roberto with a bit of self hatred? i don't get why his mother had to be the whitest of white ladies? what's up with that? is it an X-force quirk? i think that one of Rictor's parents was white too; to make him less Mexican (on top of having the last name Richter).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm wondering when he gained 20 IQ points. let's be real, was there something in the New Mutants days that pointed to Roberto being an "evil mastermind?" isn't this the same kid who got played by Gideon? he sure wasn't level headed as a kid. i'll take it because it's good for diversity. but i'm not going to pretend that it was organic.
    When the team got stuck in two separate dystopian futures they encountered an evil Sunspot and Magma who ruled over a society where mutants lived in mile high towers and forced humans to live the ruins of old cities.

1610 Reed got out-smarted by teenagers and Eddie Brock so...

Also Berto being a goofball is in character; he's just more mature now.
    "Cable was right!"

I mean, I’m a lot more concerned that his “type” is basically his mum than any racial sub-text people might want to read into it.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Yes it does. Its not uncommon for people to be attracted to people like their parents and considering his mother is white, its not surprising that he may seek a partner like the most important female figure he had in his life. This happens all the time in real life
    Straight people are so weird. I mean, I've called a few guys daddy, but none of them actually resembled my father.