Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You LIKE the twins??? I’m not opposed to them like I am with Globby Globs but I think Extermiantion having them beat all the X-Men didn’t sit right with me. Larraz’s art was really cute tho
    I just didn’t see what was so offensive. They’re barely in it and they’ve got a neat look. I figure why not. Even Glob Herman doesn’t outrage me, but I didn’t bother with most of the last decade post-AVX. There are far more annoying mutants I’ve ached to be rid of for over 20 years. Do I think Glob Herman needs another book to feature in yet again? No, but I find Armor more pointless. I’d rather see almost anyone in the book other than those two together. Yes, including most of the New X-Men I keep forgetting exist except for Anole and Rockslide.
    Last edited by powerpax; 11-27-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Amazing Member

I come from the future and in the 6th issue, Magik's marrying Dani. You're welcome. Also, great issue, i really liked the part when Illyana just breaks up prison fights with her magical surfboard sword!

Fantastic Member

Short of getting sienkowitz back to pencil the new mutants crew, I think they picked the perfect artist for this book! It’s the perfect style for a new mutants relaunch book and I hope the artist sticks around forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I just didn’t see what was so offensive. They’re barely in it and they’ve got a neat look. I figure why not. Even Glob Herman doesn’t outrage me, but I didn’t bother with most of the last decade post-AVX. There are far more annoying mutants I’ve ached to be rid of for over 20 years. Do I think Glob Herman needs another book to feature in yet again? No, but I find Armor more pointless. I’d rather see almost anyone in the book other than those two together. Yes, including most of the New X-Men I keep forgetting exist except for Anole and Rockslide.
    If this book needs more of any twins, it’s the Penance twins looking so damn cute.

Other than Sunspot's annoying narration boxes, this was pretty great. Liked it better than #1.
    Last edited by Luckystar.; 11-27-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

This is the funny book not Marauders. Marauders has some humor but this book is downright like, almost a gag book. The quirky art helps immerse you in the mood too. Still don't like Chamber and Mondo there but :shrug:

Also don't care for Smasher, where's Lila Cheney?

But Roberto narration works well enough.

Well, space adventures offers a lot of potential for hijinks, I am enjoying this loving portrayal of Shi'ar culture I guess
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Short of getting sienkowitz back to pencil the new mutants crew, I think they picked the perfect artist for this book! It’s the perfect style for a new mutants relaunch book and I hope the artist sticks around forever
    Agreed. The art is a perfect fit. Enjoying this book so much.

I thought the issue was a lot of fun. I enjoyed this book a lot better than issue 1. I don't always like humor in comics but it worked well here. I loved the friendship between the characters. Dani, Sam, and Roberto were great.

"Hickman can't write dialogue with personality"

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I consider this a win. Would you like to sign up for the New X-Stan: Academy X premium membership today or?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not familiar with Sam's wife but I dont like her. Her punching Bobby was so aggressive and unncesary
    That's fine.

I like said character enough for everyone.

Good to see that she didn't just get lost in the shuffle the way a lot of folks seemed to think she would.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    It literally says in the credits of the book...
    oh right. i totally skipped those pages and assumed they were cowriting.

whoa wtf. why doesnt his xmen writing have this much charm and chemistry.

maybe it is the art. cuz i love what he's doing here.

This was great.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Dani is a preening bully who cheats at cards. She clearly wants Jono to 'chamber' a round in her, though.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    "Hickman can't write dialogue with personality"
    Come on, the dialogue in this was (checks notes) cringe....

Seems most liked it though. At least the art was decent.

Smasher punched berto because there was no action sequence.... Marvel policy ..gotta have a fight in every issue.