Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don’t believe X-23 fans have any consistent idea what they want. All I know is the less human and more stoic she is, the more bored I am. I like her when she evolves or reaches out to other people. Without that she’s just the glorified fanfic OC do not steal.
    Know what I think after how marvel handled her losing the wolverine title and Logan came back, Laura fans became hyper sensitive to anything that could be viewed as her regression.

Nothing very interesting to comment and the dialogues between the characters are horrible.

It's like Laura was someone else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Know what I think after how marvel handled her losing the wolverine title and Logan came back, Laura fans became hyper sensitive to anything that could be viewed as her regression.
    Its not even regression, Laura acknowledges her more upbeat behavior but she says its a front. Its a different interpretation is all. She can still be quippy Ghandi with the claws when she hangs around Gabby.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The art kind of reminds me of Mike Deodato's work but with worse colouring.
    "Cable was right!"

I like the 'mood' of the art...but the art itself isn't doing it for me. I'm not quite sure if it's the pencils or the coloring.

I want to support this book...because I don't want Kwannon to fade into nothingness...and I like where it's going. I just want a different artist.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

It’s not even the regression. There is no charm or nuance to Laura or Cable here. They are beyond boring. They are like lifeless planks trying to imitate themselves at their most basic. Who are restless and “angry” just because.

And new Psylocke I just don’t really care about, and all this pretentious nonsense isn’t really making me care about her.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-27-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s not even the regression. There is no charm or nuance to her here, same goes to Cable. They are beyond boring. They are like lifeless planks trying to imitate themselves in a basic sense.
    IA. Dont know why they are even here. This probably would have been better served as a Kwannon mini series. Her bits are the more interesting parts and X-23/Cable add nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s not even the regression. There is no charm or nuance to Laura or Cable here. They are beyond boring. They are like lifeless planks trying to imitate themselves at their most basic. Who are restless and “angry” just because.

And new Psylocke I just don’t really care about, and all this pretentious nonsense isn’t really making me care about her.
    Mmm I agree. They all sound annoying

Maybe this is a bit too ahead of its time for certain people, but I love it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Maybe this is a bit too ahead of its time for certain people, but I love it.
    How does that work?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Mmm I agree. They all sound annoying
    So angsty and angry at the world. I can practically see the “Okay Boomer”-ness exuding from these young, jaded hardcases.

Fantastic Member

Question: If Kwannon is so unhappy at Krakoa, why stay? Why not just move out of the island and rejoin the Hand? Why not volunteer her services to avenge Xavier’s assasination? I’m sure there’s a lot of opportunities for bloodshed for all three of them. Why force yourself to be with people you never truly consider your own?

Besides those lingering questions, definitely love the artwork, pacing and storyline. Didn’t expect this book to have a strong showing. Feels like an HBO miniseries with lots of violence. Kudos to the creative team.

Weird, people were so positive with the first issue and now are so negative with the second. What happened to have such a sharp turn around?

Sad that this isn’t getting the reception I hoped for butCable’s voice worked for someone that just came out of a childhood of war. Would you expect him to be dancing and partying on Krakoa or going on a mission? And that came through clearly when Psylocke confronted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Weird, people were so positive with the first issue and now are so negative with the second. What happened to have such a sharp turn around?
    I dont understand it either, I really enjoyed the issue and thought the art was incredible.