Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    A much more enjoyable comic book about a ninja woman that has been through a body swap, has just come back from an absent period and is trying to find herself while facing her past:

With 100% more YellowFace!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Lmao I loved the Psylocke mini but the notion Yost is a better writer then BEH is a joke.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked this.
    Yes, the angst is a little over the top but the book is still entertaining.
    I love the new Psylocke and i hope she last long.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Dazzler cameo was silly...and I feel they are trying to make her her new friend. How dare you Marvel?
    Dazzler should be in Excalibur.

Kwannon needs an ANAD cast. I think Havok suggested FA be a Kwannon solo mini, and I feel it probably should've.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Eh. Hill obviously wants a small crew in order to flesh out Kwannon without getting witch-hunted for doing a stealth solo.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The book is literally dark alright.
    It was dark for the London flashback
    It was dark for the first island scenes
    It was dark for the Japan flashback
    It was dark for the Bar Sinister section

That was like 80% of the book. Can't wait for a new artist.
    It's always night in this book hahaha Artist is pretty weak, seems like he traces a lot

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think the night time scenes are a narrative/thematic choice

Laura in this book is exciting for me, Laura in Taylor's books not so much all I can say about that

We have enough characters who are JUST LIKE the Laura Taylor was creating, complete with their own sidekicks and cute mascots. Honestly, no need to turn Laura into that. No. Need.

And yes she is canonically younger than Kwannon, she can be taught by Kwannon. Holy crap. it doesn't mean Laura knows nothing, is useless, or whatever.

Kwannon entered the comics as a "villain" so it's basically like when she completed her "mission" to mess with Betsy it was a "karmic punishment" for her to be absorbed inside her consciousness instead. So she's had time to reflect much like when a gangster goes to prison for years. She absorbed what Betsy went through and it touched her, but it doesn't mean "heroics" come naturally. Great premise IMO !!!

Young Cable is MUCH more engaging here than he was in XMen that is for DAMN sure.

I fully concur with the complaints about calling this character "Psylocke", her wearing the bikini, and even adopting butterfly psychic signature. That's all bad but my guess is this writer controls none of it. He is doing what he can to make this transition as meaningful as possible, let's give it a chance shall we
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

Marvel's website on fallen angles
    https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...allen-angels-2

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The book is literally dark alright.
    It was dark for the London flashback
    It was dark for the first island scenes
    It was dark for the Japan flashback
    It was dark for the Bar Sinister section

That was like 80% of the book. Can't wait for a new artist.
    I figured I must not have been the only one to notice. Thanks.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

This was ok, felt bout the same as the first issue. Art is inconsistent but serviceable, which I find ironic because this artist art, looks so much better in Action Comics at DC. I like Sinisters addition to this book, and I’m still interested in Hill fleshing out Kwannons back story/origin.
    #MagnetoWasRight

TBH Fallen Angels has been a let down. I'll probably buy issue #03 to see if things move along a bit better but I feel like bailing. In comparison to the other current X books, this one sticks out like a sore thumb, I'm not really sure why this needs to be part of the current run really

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    TBH Fallen Angels has been a let down. I'll probably buy issue #03 to see if things move along a bit better but I feel like bailing. In comparison to the other current X books, this one sticks out like a sore thumb, I'm not really sure why this needs to be part of the current run really
    I think it's great for addressing how the outside world they left is regarded; we know Kwannon, Laura and Cable view it somewhat kindly, or at least have a few contacts/relationships to be explored.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

It also explores the dynamics of how Krakoan residents who don't have any pressing reason to leave the island, would end up viewing those like Kwannon's group who not only pop in and out, but are actually not sanctioned to do any official Krakoan business in doing so (barring disavowable OKs from Magneto and Sinister). Kwannon's thoughts on how her team don't feel adjusted to Paradise, plus the thought that the denizens will gradually look at them differently for constantly keeping tabs with sapiens-world outside of nation's duty, bear further exploration.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.