Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default MCU Secret Wars movie. What do YOU want in this?

I'd love to see a mega-movie with Avengers, FF , Xmen etc. all together like in '84.

They'd have to make a few changes, Ultron would be out for starters (or would he?).
    I'd love adult Monica Rambeau and (Deadpool's) Colossus

Should it have Rhodes or Ironheart?

Doom could trick and enslave the beyonder, taking his power..

YOUR thoughts and ideas on this ?

I want a poster that replicates this iconic cover.

Mighty Member

(thanks) Can they get Tom to wear a non-Venom symbiote costume?

Also, they'll have to use Sam Wilson Cap, unless they make an Invaders battleworld...

I heard Sony has been trying to get Venom in the MCU, and if they really insist I'm sure Feige will budge. It would just make for the perfect poster.

I'd rather they not do Secret Wars. There's more interesting territory to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'd rather they not do Secret Wars. There's more interesting territory to explore.
    Secret Wars is a classic and multiple creators that are part of the MCU said they wanted to do it, and now they actually can. It makes perfect sense, especially as an event to tie the Fantastic Four, X-Men, Avengers, and Cosmic Marvel together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Secret Wars is a classic and multiple creators that are part of the MCU said they wanted to do it, and now they actually can. It makes perfect sense, especially as an event to tie the Fantastic Four, X-Men, Avengers, and Cosmic Marvel together.
    My position remains unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    My position remains unchanged.
    What do you have against Secret Wars anyways? It was like a gateway to all the other parts of Marvel for those who were only reading certain comics, if not a gateway to Marvel in general. I don't see how it's NOT interesting.

What do you have against Secret Wars anyways? It was like a gateway to all the other parts of Marvel for those who were only reading certain comics, if not a gateway to Marvel in general. I don't see how it's NOT interesting.
    It's overly contrived.

Secret Wars is not a good story, has characters who've been written out already or need to be established, and was already done better in Infinity War/Endgame.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Secret Wars is not a good story, has characters who've been written out already or need to be established, and was already done better in Infinity War/Endgame.
    Uh, what? The only thing from Secret Wars that IW/Endgame did was emulating the Hulk holding up the mountain. That was more fanservice than anything. Nothing from Secret Wars made it in otherwise, and it'd have been impossible then due to nothing having the movie rights to the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, Galactus, the Beyonder, and the X-Men, needed to make a Secret Wars movie possible.

I'll always consider Secret Wars to be my favorite marvel crossover of all time. Heck, I think it might be my favorite team-up crossover from any company. It was gloriously written and did just about everything perfect.

Contained all the A+ heroes... They weren't trying to push any new agendas or showcase new characters. MAYBE Captain Marvel and Spider-woman... but they didn't steal the show. Which I feel is key. NOBODY stole the show. Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four (Sue got shafted... ) but if you want a primer to the Marvel Universe... This was IT! Everyone got the spotlight and did something awesome. Nobody was just standing around wasting space or filling out crowds. The villains were cool and varied and also got to do some stuff.

I remember when I was young just getting into comics this book was a great gateway that I didn't NEED to know decades of history to understand. It introduced a lot of new characters to me (including the X-Men and wrecking crew). Compared to Crisis on Infinite Earths... which I read much much later, and there were a lot of C and D list characters that I'd still never heard of before and when the dust cleared I still knew nothing about them. And it feels like that way from every crossover event since. All a focus on how many characters you can squeeze in a panel and no focus on the actual characters themselves.

The only thing I would have changed about Secret Wars... is Invisible Woman should have been there. The FF should have been complete (I know now that she was pregnant or delivering a baby during that event so they kept her out..) and I would have put Daredevil in.. He wasn't NECESSARY, He may have only been B list at the time.... but I have my favorites :P

Also there should have been greater cohesion with the toy line. WAY too many toys of character that weren't in the books. It was just confusing and weird... but on the other hand, That was the first time I found out about Daredevil.... so that started a life long fascination with the character.

Honestly... if "I" were in charge of Secret Wars MCU.... I would have Beyonder pull heroes from space AND time. Get EVERYONE that is A-list back in the game for that one movie at least. (maybe 2...) If you don't have classic Cap vs. Doom... or FF, X-Men, Avengers, Spider-man and Hulk... it's just not really Secret Wars. A watered down version is just going to be disappointing. You need EVERYONE.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Secret Wars just needs Doom & The Beyonder/s...
    The rest I don’t mind.

BANNED

You can mash together Secret Wars '84 and 2015. At its core, Secret Wars is the story of Victor von Doom becoming a god. He's the protagonist of the event.

But you need to establish Doom early well before the lead-up to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    You can mash together Secret Wars '84 and 2015. At its core, Secret Wars is the story of Victor von Doom becoming a god. He's the protagonist of the event.

But you need to establish Doom early well before the lead-up to this.
    1984 Secret Wars was the idea of a god wrestling with human intelligence especially with Earth in particular. The 2015 Secret Wars had the gods dismiss humanity as a failure, and create another Big Bang, after which life all starts again, like amoebas.

In both 1984 and 2015, Doom could have been this metaphor of what represents everything bad about humanity. But then who knows what the Beyonders’ values are? They may think plant life is the ultimate life, and human life as just microbes.

But as to an MCU Secret Wars? I like the idea of Jonathan Hickman’s end of everything. After all the Beyonders were successful in destroying the Multiverse as they planned, just that Doom used Incursions to do it. The good thing is, after Infinity Endgame, we won’t be as shocked to learn the Multiverse can just be reset again, if you go back in time with the Time gem. Secret Wars MCU may be just a device to introduce somebody really interesting into the MU, unlike Victorious in Avengers No Surrender.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-30-2019 at 11:17 PM.