Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

DC's adherence to its status quo is a serious limitation for Vic (and his entire generation for that matter). Of course they keep rolling Vic back to 1980; they keep doing the same thing to everyone else too. Unfortunately, in Vic's case it really, really, really dates him because technology has improved so much. I don't even think the "man v machine" theme is all that fitting anymore. I mean, yeah Vic's origin is tragic, but in an age where everyone is on their phone 24/7 and technology plays such a important part of our lives, I don't know if Vic's angst really works beyond his origin and a relatively brief adjustment period. I'm not saying there's no trauma for him to process and deal with, because of course there is. But he's the next stage of human evolution. We're into wearable technology now, how long before we start to internalize it? Vic's not a freak, he's just ahead of the curve, and endless angst over that just feels dishonest to me.

I feel like Vic's journey should start with all the angst and depression we got with Wolfman, but after he's been active for a few years he should be moving into a happier, more well-adjusted phase and have more in common with his TTGO! adaptation. He shouldn't be a joke like that cartoon is, but for f**k's sake let the guy smile once in a while!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Sounds like more of an issue of powerscaling then wanting Cyborg to be upgraded. I don’t understand why anyone would think Genos is more advanced then Cyborg.

Cyborg needs better stories is what he needs.

Silas: You are not a monster

Victor: Its weird that you that I meant me

Haters can hate all they want but I loved this Cyborg, [Justice league 2017]

They had interesting ideas what to do with our Vic
    Last edited by HunterX; 01-24-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Before upgrading, establish his base powerset. Cyborg's base powerset is teleportation, control over technology, superhuman strength + durability and the ability to generate weapons(techno organic constructs?). He had/ should have more abilities, but writers don't seem to use them much.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think he looks best when he looks more human and less like a walking tank. I think this was the best look he has had for a long time even If i do think it could lose a little more of the metal on the left side of his head. Even if the skin is artificial it still makes him look better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Before upgrading, establish his base powerset. Cyborg's base powerset is teleportation, control over technology, superhuman strength + durability and the ability to generate weapons(techno organic constructs?). He had/ should have more abilities, but writers don't seem to use them much.
    i don't think he needs any more abilities besides the ones you've stated, any other ability someone could think of can be replicated by him creating the necessary technology. if anything they just aren't utilized properly, Cyborg should be the mix of Oracle and Q for the Justice League, building the necessary technology for Leaguers and gathering intel.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think he looks best when he looks more human and less like a walking tank. I think this was the best look he has had for a long time even If i do think it could lose a little more of the metal on the left side of his head. Even if the skin is artificial it still makes him look better to me.

everyone except DC editorial agrees with you
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

What he needs an upgrade on is his design, rogues, and supporting cast. He's good powerset wise.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

As an outsider looking in, I'd say my biggest problem with Vic is like with most comic characters writers and editors are too attached to the idea of keeping them stuck to thie original ideas. Like, right down to visually speaking, Vic's design is really outdated. He's supposed to be one of the most advanced pieces of technology in his universe and yet he's a giant clunky tinman.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Apps! Cyborg needs apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Apps! Cyborg needs apps.
    ....i'm intrigued, what kind of apps we talking?

currently following:

I loved this series. I always like giving Vic more and crazier powers.

I'm definitely a big fan of OP heroes, but Cyborg could really be one of the greats! If they'd let him. Lean into his wilder powers instead of ignoring them, maybe play up the Fourth World connection a bit to filter the DCYou design through.

Hope DC someday gets its act together with Cyborg, as he's become one of my favorite super-heroes over the years.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I can’t get over how awesome this design was. DC ought to be ashamed for reverting him back to what he is. I even had hope for the Stjepan Sejic version from the cover of Justice League Odyssey #1 but they didn’t even give that one a chance either.

Incredible Member

While i *really* like the Rebirth Cyborg design (and New 52 actually) i would happily accept the David Walker run Cyborg design as long as the metal face plate was removed. I like the futuristic quasi Cybetronian big walking tank armor design *as long as he can revert back to his human form*.

I love this image:
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Lose the face plate and make that Cyborgs battle armor and DC could TAKE. MY. MONEY.

With regard to the specific topic:

Cyborg doesn't need any power upgrades . He needs competent writers and for DC to remove the limits being placed upon him. If Cyborg was an independently owned character he'd be a much bigger star.
    Don't complain. Create.