Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default WW 750 variant Artgerm cover

WW 750 Artgerm.jpg

I'm not always a fan of Artgerm's work, but I love his effort for Wonder Woman 750.

She's stunning and sexy and strong. And I just have to appreciate that there's no Wonder-Thong and no cheeks.

It's my first ever issue of Wonder Woman, seen from a different angle. I love it!

WW 272.jpg

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Nice art but the angle leaves something to be desired. Her butt is front & center. Really?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

He's also doing one with a more retro color scheme:

Her back to the camera on a cover? For no dramatic reason? Her masthead two-thirds of the way down the length of the book? I’d ask what were they thinking, but I know what they were thinking. Thank Hera it’s not our only option for purchase.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

The retro aspects of this is appealing, but that angle is still really bad and a baffling choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Nice art but the angle leaves something to be desired. Her butt is front & center. Really?
    I love her strength and the detail in her musculature, but this angle and, essentially, cakes portrait leaves a lot to be desired.

I think you all are being just a little shortsighted here, this is a high dollar historic issue they're trying to sell. It's a variant and not the main cover, you don't have to buy it. There's a market for this one, let DC make their money.

For better or worse, I have seen many "Themyscira's ass" comments .

I've always been a fan of Artgerm's comic covers. However, I'm liking the retro color variant more than his normal style; everything just pops a bit more. Also, the angle doesn't really bother me.

Amazing Member

Oh WOW! I love that retro cover!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I think you all are being just a little shortsighted here, this is a high dollar historic issue they're trying to sell. It's a variant and not the main cover, you don't have to buy it. There's a market for this one, let DC make their money.

I'm not saying it's an atrocity and shouldn't be released. Just that the artist could have picked a better angle. Diana's best feature is not her butt.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

I’m clearly superficial and have bad taste, as I really like this image. It’s a fun conceit, to take Dave Cockrum and Dick Giordano’s classic cover for 272 and show it as if it were photographed from another angle. Too bad Dave and Dick aren’t still around to see this homage.

Incredible Member

Jim Kelly, I agree. I love this cover, and I wonder if it'll be released as a poster.

The legendary Ramona Frandon also joins the cover parade:

https://www.newsarama.com/48065-wond...covers.html#s6
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.