Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default To be honest, I'd love to see X-Men connect with more non-mutant characters

Now we are strong and have the capital to survive. But some of the plots reveal dangerous isolationism. I think the fact that karima became our enemy and moira became a mutant is a bit of a red flag. This has intensified the confrontation between humans and mutants. If possible, I hope the fantastic four doesn't clash with the x-men and deadpool joins the x-force as soon as possible. Let more non-mutant heroes come to our island for friendly exchanges.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    Now we are strong and have the capital to survive. But some of the plots reveal dangerous isolationism. I think the fact that karima became our enemy and moira became a mutant is a bit of a red flag. This has intensified the confrontation between humans and mutants. If possible, I hope the fantastic four doesn't clash with the x-men and deadpool joins the x-force as soon as possible. Let more non-mutant heroes come to our island for friendly exchanges.
    The latest issue of Black Panther is out this week featuring Storm. She’s been a pivotal cast member of his book for years. I hope you’re reading!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Well the concept mutantkind has no human acquaintances even is a bit preposterous I'd agree. But we have seen A FEW like Corsair and Shogo at least. Totally agree more is better, but I think conflict between mutantkind and the more traditional superteams is inevitable and a feature rather than a bug in this new status quo. It's part of the philosophical tension baked in, you're meant to have to adopt the mutant PoV of skepticism about these other superteams, ARE they "heroic" from a Krakoan perspective if all they do is enforce a human-dominant order which has been oppressive in a lot of ways?

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    The latest issue of Black Panther is out this week featuring Storm. She’s been a pivotal cast member of his book for years. I hope you’re reading!
    Hmm, interesting. Might be a clash (story-wise) since there's a lot of speculation regarding Wakanda possibly supplying Krakoa adversaries with vibranium etc
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Agreed we should have more interactions with the wider MU:

Tony Stark replacing Shaw as #1 sentinel manufacturer in the world and leader of the Hellfire Club.
    Steve Rogers: director of Weapon Plus/Weapon-X
    When theyre done annexing Otherworld, Excalibur can set their sight on Asgard. I think Apocalypse has some beef with Thor.

Spectacular Member

So did storm and panther. I never liked the pairing,. But it was not easy to warm up their relationship in Black Panther, in Red,Black Panther and Jean established a good communication. It would be a pity for me if we connected.HOX shows that the two countries have not been able to establish diplomatic relations because of drugs. If their good relationship is cut short, it is disappointing.

Spectacular Member

wow! I didn't know that. Thanks for reminding me!

BANNED

I’m ok with conflict arising between the nations. I like the pairing and feel Coates has done more to equalize their dynamic than Hudlin by a large margin, but they are a bit too perfect. Tension on this scale is just what their relationship needs.

BANNED

Yeah, definitely agree.

If nothing else, I'd love to see how this affects the more blended families. The Guthries, for example, or mutants who simply don't want to live away from their parents or communities, as such. I'd love to know what happens if mutants give birth to a human on the island, how that affects everything (but, as shown in Excalibur, there does seem to be good vibes as far as little Shogo's concerned, so that's encouraging so far!) But still, it'd be great to see it expanded upon, ya know?

Let more non-mutant heroes come to our island for friendly exchanges.
    No. 10chara

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, definitely agree.

If nothing else, I'd love to see how this affects the more blended families. The Guthries, for example, or mutants who simply don't want to live away from their parents or communities, as such. I'd love to know what happens if mutants give birth to a human on the island, how that affects everything (but, as shown in Excalibur, there does seem to be good vibes as far as little Shogo's concerned, so that's encouraging so far!) But still, it'd be great to see it expanded upon, ya know?
    Yeah the general assumption right now I have is human children would be allowed on Krakoa , frankly it'd be troubling otherwise ...

Human associates/allies ought to be permitted (all the ones from the Claremont era for example).

I totally "get" not just letting possible spies, government leaders and so on visit though.

I feel like F4 and Spiderman are the "closest" of the traditional other MU teams/heroes to the X-Men/mutants so maybe they could work out some form of understanding. Avengers not so much, and the others are kinda disconnected more
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

x1080.jpg

000000000000000char
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

I’m ok with conflict arising between the nations. I like the pairing and feel Coates has done more to equalize their dynamic than Hudlin by a large margin, but they are a bit too perfect. Tension on this scale is just what their relationship needs.
    That relationship is anything but perfect imo lol. I hate Coates on BP but the curveball he threw in with T’Challa and Nakia makes the romance more complex. But outside that, Shuri is dating Manifold, an Australian mutant and former Avenger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah the general assumption right now I have is human children would be allowed on Krakoa , frankly it'd be troubling otherwise ...

Human associates/allies ought to be permitted (all the ones from the Claremont era for example).

I totally "get" not just letting possible spies, government leaders and so on visit though.

I feel like F4 and Spiderman are the "closest" of the traditional other MU teams/heroes to the X-Men/mutants so maybe they could work out some form of understanding. Avengers not so much, and the others are kinda disconnected more
    Oh trust me, that's something I've fretted about since day 1 of this whole thing! It'd be interesting to see the attitudes displayed though, in relation to a human being born amongst mutants; would they go the ableism/racism root and feel pity for the family/individual like "Aw, well...so what if he's human, he's not that human." or "He's still smart for a human, so what if he's disabled!" (I hope not actually, that makes me feel ick...)

But you're totally right; while I understand the boundaries put in place ala Krakoa's security system, it wouldn't really make sense for established friendships and ties to just be broken at the drop of a hat. I hope we get to see those too; Betsy seems to have a great relationship with her non-mutant brother Brian, for example, so that's good! But then, there's also a few curious cases of the non 'human' mutants. Like Broo; he's served with the X-Men and lived at their academy, but he's been confirmed via twitter to only have 'visitation' rights...but he's a mutant amongst his species. Kinda harsh? ...Actually I think he might be technically homeless now...?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Agreed we should have more interactions with the wider MU:

Tony Stark replacing Shaw as #1 sentinel manufacturer in the world and leader of the Hellfire Club.
    Steve Rogers: director of Weapon Plus/Weapon-X
    When theyre done annexing Otherworld, Excalibur can set their sight on Asgard. I think Apocalypse has some beef with Thor.
    I second these chain of events. Most interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That relationship is anything but perfect imo lol. I hate Coates on BP but the curveball he threw in with T’Challa and Nakia makes the romance more complex. But outside that, Shuri is dating Manifold, an Australian mutant and former Avenger.
    I didn’t mean the relationship itself was perfect, but they are, as a match, very similar in their bearing and lack of typical character flaws. They need external conflict.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 11-28-2019 at 10:04 AM.