Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
Of course there is, Krakoa isn't the end of X-Men comics so it ultimately cannot succeeded. There are obvious flaws in Krakoa and the X-Men, while certainly not villainous, are not perfect. When HoX and Pox started coming out speculation ran rampant trying to account for everything we were seeing and much of it was weird, was alarming and there were legitimate concerns based off the limited amount of information we had. Were the current X-Men pod people who replaced the real ones? Is that really Xavier? Is he compromised with something sinister? Is he mind controlling the X-Men? However by the end of the two series and especially in the actual series that have come out most of those questions have been answered, and most of the speculation was wrong. We learned the HoX/Pox weren't about the X-Men but about the mutants in general. Most of the criticism on this topic in this thread largely seem to derive from assumptions made early in HoX/PoX and that haven't been changed as new information was revealed.

Part of this is due to Hickmans style and writing quirks. He didn't write a linear story, chronologically or thematically. His stated goal was to release new information as HoX/PoX came out that changed the meaning of things in previous issues. There was also a very creepy vibe in the early issues, most of that has been explained by now though.

We've also got interviews with Hickman outlining his long term goals for the franchise. He's not trying to destroy the X-Men but he does want to change the status quo. Restoring... well pretty much everything and everyone, and breaking the destructive impulses of Marvel writers and editorial who have been stuck in an endless cycle of death-resurrection and genocide.

I've got no problem with wanting to see the mutants interact in the wider MU, I just have to chime in when the arguments get as flawed as they have been. Condemning the Krakoan status for missing something (that actually is present) when they are only on the second issues into the run is going way beyond just not liking it.
Also, not when you're relying on a monthly format.

If it were say, weekly, then fans would have less time to digest/process the information given and the feelings brought up by it. Monthly, however, is a much larger stretch and when you're so invested in these characters stories, you can't help but worry and fret for what this means overall.

Plus, as I've mentioned, there's been the use of overly divisive language from characters who haven't usually engaged in it, Storm for example, at least not without having a chance to explain their rhetoric a bit sooner. There's also been no proper transition between the last era of X-Men and now, even Claremont made use of text-boxes to explain his position.

So I don't think the criticisms and worries are unwarranted; I think they've been perfectly reasonable.