Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Not too pressed on it but I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Guys, I miss when scenarios like this where more likely to happen (Rom #65 (1985), Infinity War #3 (1992)).

I don't like how flatscan Cap was always in charge. He can kick rocks.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Technically on the second pic it was Adam Warlock (Cap's left) who was nominally in charge. But yeah, the now-hardwired opinion on flatscans in this board. spoilers:
    They can be genocided and mutantkind can only benefit, etc.
    end of spoilers
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    If this kind of opinion is that trendy for every problem we may have, it doesn't bode well for the future of humanity (the real one) and the world will be in a funny state by the end of this century (climate change aside).
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I despise the Stomr/BP pairing. Im not a huge Storm fan but I recognize her value and importance in the XMen narrative and initially at least the BP marriage was a deliberate move to keep her out of focus in the XMen universe. Her breaking his noise in AvX was a liberating moment and I realize shes still not the major force she should be in the XBooks but I dont want to settle for less.
    Funnily enough, the only development and relevance Storm has currently, is within the Coates penned Black Panther solo where she's been elevated to a level of "godhood" and status that's yet to be recognised in her own family of books.

If as you say, "she's still not the major force she should be in the X-books," you've already settled for less for not holding X-writers accountable for her current status within the X-verse.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Nah the Earth and all its inhabitants will reap the benefits
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Technically on the second pic it was Adam Warlock (Cap's left) who was nominally in charge. But yeah, the now-hardwired opinion on flatscans in this board. spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That's what bothers me about this board. So many people seem to take Magneto's old POV.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

end of spoilers
    Yep, regardless of how noble and well-intentioned and kind and considerate one claims to be, it can be very easy to justify the unethical and rally many to agree with you when one assumes that the ends justify the means.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Seriously? We are 2 freaking issues in, exploring the new status quo of the mutants. So far we've had positive interactions with family and friends (Starjammers, Shogo, the Braddocks), friendly(ish) with the Fantastic Four and they announced a new comic to explore that dynamic more fully; and people are actually complaining that its not enough? What more do they need? Maybe Marvel needs to publish some non-mutant books to explore the lives of non-mutants in the MU as this is clearly an not being given enough attention in the mutant themed books...

Shogo (non-mutant human child of Jubilee lives on Krakoa, Brian Braddock (human family/friend/ally) was personally invited to come to visit by Apocalypse before events in Excalibur ratcheted up.

Sarcasm aside, I want to reiterate that we are only 2 issues in. If we get two years in and we don't see anymore then maybe its time for a complaint or two, now like most of the criticisms the run has been receiving its absurdly premature and ignoring that its been refuted on the page.
    Right lol. We've already gotten decent amount in a few issues. People really expecting several crossovers with the rest of the MCU in the handful of DoX issues we've gotten so far lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    That's what bothers me about this board. So many people seem to take Magneto's old POV.
    Right? It's one thing to see the grey area within his own argument, but some of the stuff being spouted on this board is just...

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Seriously? We are 2 freaking issues in, exploring the new status quo of the mutants. So far we've had positive interactions with family and friends (Starjammers, Shogo, the Braddocks), friendly(ish) with the Fantastic Four and they announced a new comic to explore that dynamic more fully; and people are actually complaining that its not enough? What more do they need? Maybe Marvel needs to publish some non-mutant books to explore the lives of non-mutants in the MU as this is clearly an not being given enough attention in the mutant themed books...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Right lol. We've already gotten decent amount in a few issues. People really expecting several crossovers with the rest of the MCU in the handful of DoX issues we've gotten so far lol
    Many seem to be unable to just shake that feeling that there's something rotten under the rosy surface, citing the mutant being thrown into the pit regardless of the supposed good intention behind it, and just the general vibe of it all. Admittedly, that amounts more to suspicion rather than solid evidence, so I suppose despite the positive interactions so far, that anything's still possible.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Right? It's one thing to see the grey area within his own argument, but some of the stuff being spouted on this board is just...
    Stonewall riots. They're pivotal because they showed that gays and non-binaries were capable of retaliating physically to police harassment. Every civil rights movement has its proud warrior faction that loves to be provocative.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Many seem to be unable to just shake that feeling that there's something rotten under the rosy surface, citing the mutant being thrown into the pit regardless of the supposed good intention behind it, and just the general vibe of it all. Admittedly, that amounts more to suspicion rather than solid evidence, so I suppose despite the positive interactions so far, that anything's still possible.
    Of course there is, Krakoa isn't the end of X-Men comics so it ultimately cannot succeeded. There are obvious flaws in Krakoa and the X-Men, while certainly not villainous, are not perfect. When HoX and Pox started coming out speculation ran rampant trying to account for everything we were seeing and much of it was weird, was alarming and there were legitimate concerns based off the limited amount of information we had. Were the current X-Men pod people who replaced the real ones? Is that really Xavier? Is he compromised with something sinister? Is he mind controlling the X-Men? However by the end of the two series and especially in the actual series that have come out most of those questions have been answered, and most of the speculation was wrong. We learned the HoX/Pox weren't about the X-Men but about the mutants in general. Most of the criticism on this topic in this thread largely seem to derive from assumptions made early in HoX/PoX and that haven't been changed as new information was revealed.

Part of this is due to Hickmans style and writing quirks. He didn't write a linear story, chronologically or thematically. His stated goal was to release new information as HoX/PoX came out that changed the meaning of things in previous issues. There was also a very creepy vibe in the early issues, most of that has been explained by now though.

We've also got interviews with Hickman outlining his long term goals for the franchise. He's not trying to destroy the X-Men but he does want to change the status quo. Restoring... well pretty much everything and everyone, and breaking the destructive impulses of Marvel writers and editorial who have been stuck in an endless cycle of death-resurrection and genocide.

I've got no problem with wanting to see the mutants interact in the wider MU, I just have to chime in when the arguments get as flawed as they have been. Condemning the Krakoan status for missing something (that actually is present) when they are only on the second issues into the run is going way beyond just not liking it.

Lmao that's exactly what Hickman was talking about. PTSD from terrible past stories of extinction after extinction and everything going to hell has people convinced that nothing can work.

Just goes to show that the last decade of X-Men comics were for the most part terrible.

BANNED

Of course there is, Krakoa isn't the end of X-Men comics so it ultimately cannot succeeded. There are obvious flaws in Krakoa and the X-Men, while certainly not villainous, are not perfect. When HoX and Pox started coming out speculation ran rampant trying to account for everything we were seeing and much of it was weird, was alarming and there were legitimate concerns based off the limited amount of information we had. Were the current X-Men pod people who replaced the real ones? Is that really Xavier? Is he compromised with something sinister? Is he mind controlling the X-Men? However by the end of the two series and especially in the actual series that have come out most of those questions have been answered, and most of the speculation was wrong. We learned the HoX/Pox weren't about the X-Men but about the mutants in general. Most of the criticism on this topic in this thread largely seem to derive from assumptions made early in HoX/PoX and that haven't been changed as new information was revealed.

Part of this is due to Hickmans style and writing quirks. He didn't write a linear story, chronologically or thematically. His stated goal was to release new information as HoX/PoX came out that changed the meaning of things in previous issues. There was also a very creepy vibe in the early issues, most of that has been explained by now though.

We've also got interviews with Hickman outlining his long term goals for the franchise. He's not trying to destroy the X-Men but he does want to change the status quo. Restoring... well pretty much everything and everyone, and breaking the destructive impulses of Marvel writers and editorial who have been stuck in an endless cycle of death-resurrection and genocide.

I've got no problem with wanting to see the mutants interact in the wider MU, I just have to chime in when the arguments get as flawed as they have been. Condemning the Krakoan status for missing something (that actually is present) when they are only on the second issues into the run is going way beyond just not liking it.
    I'd like to query the bolded; I don't think it has...please elaborate?