Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Costumes that did not catch on

As you know, comic books usually give characters a new look, and eventually they go back to the original one. Because other people did not like them, or just by author preference. But that doesn't mean that those temporary changes were not awesome. Which ones did you like best?

One of the favorites is 1990s Sersi. This costume suits her better than the green bathsuit!

iMan 42s

James_Rhodes_(Earth-616)_with_Eidolon_Warwear.jpg

I genuinely liked this design and the lore attached to it. If you wanted to break away from Iron man then that was the way to do it and for adaptation purposes even had an alternative origin for the character. People didn't like the design so instead of a redesign it was ditched (it's an alien it's supposed to look weird). Had it stuck around I wouldn't have doubted it somehow got tied into the symbiotes given the nature of the suit.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I can’t think of any that were great that didn’t stick... but here’s one that I’m happy didnt.
    Does Elektra deserve another take on her costume? Yes. Was this the one? Absolutely not.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 11-28-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    As you know, comic books usually give characters a new look, and eventually they go back to the original one. Because other people did not like them, or just by author preference. But that doesn't mean that those temporary changes were not awesome. Which ones did you like best?

One of the favorites is 1990s Sersi. This costume suits her better than the green bathsuit!

I’m sure this would have caught on more if it had some green to it.

The Kris Anka "modern" resdesign for Spider-Woman in 2014. It has its fans, but as a whole it looks too generic, and it only lasted five years before Jessica reverted back to the classic design anyways. I think Spider-Woman, as a character intended for sex appeal, doesn't quite fit when that's taken away from her, and I vastly prefer the skintight suit.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

I genuinely liked this design and the lore attached to it. If you wanted to break away from Iron man then that was the way to do it and for adaptation purposes even had an alternative origin for the character. People didn't like the design so instead of a redesign it was ditched (it's an alien it's supposed to look weird). Had it stuck around I wouldn't have doubted it somehow got tied into the symbiotes given the nature of the suit.
    I was one of the people who wrote into Marvel back then complaining about Rhodes as War Machine being a "carbon copy" Iron Man (just as Black Goliath was a carbon copy Hank Pym), so I definitely loved the concept of the Eidolon wear. However, the stylistic design completely sucked. My inner cynic thinks that was intentional. You don't need a crack quality control team to know that crappy looking design was going to fail and fail big. I mean if you're a little kid trapped in a fire, wouldn't you rather burn than go running into the arms of a hero who looks likes that?

Wasp.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thor

[IMG][/IMG]

Dr strange.

[IMG][/IMG]

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

Given what happened in Donny Cates's Venom run leading up to Absolute Carnage and its aftermath . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Gotta say I'm disappointed that the recent Spider-Woman, and Elektra re-designs didn't stick around. Best either has looked in my opinion.

I know it was more of a change in identity than one in costume, but I wish that at least some elements of Hank Pym's Wasp costume had stuck around. I thought it was a solid visual.

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Me, my legs broken, bleeding to death, with nothing but a grenade pin in my teeth and an old musket at my side ready to fight and die for the honor of the new Elektra costume only I like.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

These Uncanny Avengers costumes for the Maximoffs that didn't last past the book:

This Quicksilver costume:

Queenpin Black Cat:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    These Uncanny Avengers costumes for the Maximoffs that didn't last past the book:

This Quicksilver costume:

Queenpin Black Cat:

Quicksilver's post-AXIS Uncanny Avengers costume I liked much better than his ANAD-era Uncanny Avengers costume. Why couldn't he have kept that one? Also, the Queenpin costume would have been a lot better without the eyes.

Didn't Pietro have the Stegman fit in Avengers and his solo before he vanished into the void?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Didn't Pietro have the Stegman fit in Avengers and his solo before he vanished into the void?
    In Uncanny Avengers, Avengers: No Surrender, and then his limited series by Saladin Ahmed, yes. Yes, he did. It did last a good while longer than his post-AXIS costume, which to me was a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Quicksilver's post-AXIS Uncanny Avengers costume I liked much better than his ANAD-era Uncanny Avengers costume. Why couldn't he have kept that one? Also, the Queenpin costume would have been a lot better without the eyes.
    The fastforward symbol has always seemed a bit much.

The cat eyes are a problem, but the unnecessary whip and the lack of the white fur is another knock against it. But if you gave her white fur it would basically just be her normal costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In Uncanny Avengers, Avengers: No Surrender, and then his limited series by Saladin Ahmed, yes. Yes, he did. It did last a good while longer than his post-AXIS costume, which to me was a shame.
    Yeah, he had it in the limited series before he changed back to his classic look.