Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Speaking of Iron Fist:

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I can’t think of any that were great that didn’t stick... but here’s one that I’m happy didnt.
    Does Elektra deserve another take on her costume? Yes. Was this the one? Absolutely not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Me, my legs broken, bleeding to death, with nothing but a grenade pin in my teeth and an old musket at my side ready to fight and die for the honor of the new Elektra costume only I like.
    Ha, wouldn't go that far, bro, but yeah, I was totally behind the new Elektra redesign. She felt ninja-like and not like her old pirate scarf! Wish it was still around.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Iron Fist's Heroes For Hire suits were actually pretty good, imo, but no one has used them since.

This was a good look. I still go by the Rock Lee suit ensemble, but this always had a special place in my heart. Had a hip armored look to it.
    "I am a man of peace."

Here's one I think we're all glad didn't catch on. Don't get me wrong, I love sexy heroines as much as the next guy, with Black Cat, Spider-Woman, Psylocke, She-Hulk and Emma Frost being standouts... but come on! This isn't even sexy, it's just plain ugly, and I don't know what Tom DeFalco was thinking when he commissioned this. It's so bad that it's used as a meme in-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

Here's one I think we're all glad didn't catch on. Don't get me wrong, I love sexy heroines as much as the next guy, with Black Cat, Spider-Woman, Psylocke, She-Hulk and Emma Frost being standouts... but come on! This isn't even sexy, it's just plain ugly, and I don't know what Tom DeFalco was thinking when he commissioned this. It's so bad that it's used as a meme in-universe.
    I actually liked it for the VERY short time it was used. Considering it was designed by a sexy woman who was confident that she was sexy and was desperately trying to get her husband to notice it again...

I honestly don't see it as a real costume... Its a gimmick and a stunt... but an IN-UNIVERSE one and not just a meta one.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I'll take you this and raise you Frank Quietly's rendition of the costume:

It was a thing for a while. My god, Wizard magazine seemed to be fixated on this image for months. It was on covers and featured in the magazine so many times. Glad that it stopped being a thing because I really didn't like the costume, especially Quietly's rendition. Ugh, Quietly's work was always..ugh...for me. Ugh.
    "I am a man of peace."

The outfit was ment to be to over the top. That was the point. It was not sue but malice controlling sue that wore the outfit. Malace was more wild then sue and even hit on sub mariner who was surprised by how sue was acting. Sue merged with her infinity war clone (who was her wild form malice) and sue lost most of her control of her emotions. She was still able to control some things but malice made sue use invisible daggers that could kill or really hurt in battle and act in shocking ways. Sue ended up fighting malice in her mind and defeats her going back to her old self. First thing she does is throws away the outfit as she hated it the whole time!

So yes it was to sexy. That was the point as malice was wild. People make fun of the outfit without reading the blasted story and why she wore it to start with.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-30-2019 at 06:23 AM.

A couple of costumes that didn't catch on for Iron Man had to be the Living Skin,

and the Tin Man,

Both of these came out during that period b/w Heroes Return and Avengers Disassembled of 2000 - 2004. Marvel was still recovering from bankruptcy and focusing on revitalizing Spider-Man and the X-Men, so the Avengers titles were on the wayside and definitely not the powerhouse they would become later.

The Living Skin armor was introduced in issue #44 of the series only to be replaced by the Tin Man in #50. Of the two, the Tin Man armor is much better. Not as clunky or big as Living Skin which didn't have a definite design.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

There is a fan art of Namorita in this costume and it looks awesome.

09D9A971-59BC-46BD-BFC6-9802D1951FFC.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 11-30-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha, wouldn't go that far, bro, but yeah, I was totally behind the new Elektra redesign. She felt ninja-like and not like her old pirate scarf! Wish it was still around.
    "Her old pirate scarf" and her one-shoulder-strap top were to celebrate her Greek heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    "Her old pirate scarf" and her one-shoulder-strap top were to celebrate her Greek heritage.
    Interesting. A fair point and one that I didn't know. I apologize for any offense.

Still, in terms of aesthetics, I still lean towards the newer Elektra redesign.
    "I am a man of peace."

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    There is a fan art of Namorita in this costume and it looks awesome.

09D9A971-59BC-46BD-BFC6-9802D1951FFC.jpg
    It's because on Namorita the fleshy bits don't look like human skin, given her colorful pigmentation. It's an old concept used by artists back in the day to trick the code keepers. It's why you used to see so many exotic, ahem, "women of color" with otherwise revealing outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I'll take you this and raise you Frank Quietly's rendition of the costume:

It was a thing for a while. My god, Wizard magazine seemed to be fixated on this image for months. It was on covers and featured in the magazine so many times. Glad that it stopped being a thing because I really didn't like the costume, especially Quietly's rendition. Ugh, Quietly's work was always..ugh...for me. Ugh.
    If we're mentioning Emma costumes, this should come up for good reason:

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's why you used to see so many exotic, ahem, "women of color" with otherwise revealing outfits.
    I hate this costume.