Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Here's a non-glossy version of the cover:

Hawkeye's costume has potential. I'd say ditch the leg straps, shorten the hair, and change the chest symbols to a purple that matches the rest. Hawkeye is one of the heroes where some pouches actually works. Thor's is a disaster. The rest are pretty darned great, especially Hank, Wanda, & Pietro. Probably Pietro's best costume over.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Hawkeye's costume has potential. I'd say ditch the leg straps, shorten the hair, and change the chest symbols to a purple that matches the rest. Hawkeye is one of the heroes where some pouches actually works. Thor's is a disaster. The rest are pretty darned great, especially Hank, Wanda, & Pietro. Probably Pietro's best costume over.
    Agreed, aside from his Uncanny Avengers Vol. 2 costume (the volume written by Rick Remender right after AXIS, but before Secret Wars and All-New, All-Different Marvel).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreed, aside from his Uncanny Avengers Vol. 2 costume (the volume written by Rick Remender right after AXIS, but before Secret Wars and All-New, All-Different Marvel).
    I’ll assume that’s not the purple fast forward one.

I do love that Crossing look.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’ll assume that’s not the purple fast forward one.

I do love that Crossing look.
    Nope, that atrocity debuted in ANAD Uncanny Avengers. The one I'm referring to is from the post-AXIS Uncanny Avengers series that only lasted five issues, collected in the TPB titled "Counter-Evolutionary."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Nope, that atrocity debuted in ANAD Uncanny Avengers. The one I'm referring to is from the post-AXIS Uncanny Avengers series that only lasted five issues, collected in the TPB titled "Counter-Evolutionary."
    This one?

Not bad.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Even before the inevitable reveal that it wasn't going to be a permanent change, the majority of people were not sold on Kamala's new costume when it got revealed.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Even before the inevitable reveal that it wasn't going to be a permanent change, the majority of people were not sold on Kamala's new costume when it got revealed.
    I wonder how many times writers introduce a costume knowing it's not going to stick, although Ahmed probably just wanted to do his own take on the iconic Black Suit storyline.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As much as i liked the book itself the yellow costumes from the last Peter David X-Factor book were all pretty bad. Quicksilver, Polaris, Gambit, Warlock, Cypher, and Danger just looked so bad.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 01-11-2020 at 01:27 PM.

This one?

Not bad.
    Yeah, that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how many times writers introduce a costume knowing it's not going to stick, although Ahmed probably just wanted to do his own take on the iconic Black Suit storyline.
    Uh-huh, considering Kamala is probably the most successful thus far of Marvel's attempts to recapture lightning in a bottle with the classic Spider-Man archetype, giving her an alien suit problem of her own was a fairly interesting twist.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    As much as i liked the book itself the yellow costumes from the last Peter David X-Factor book were all pretty bad. Quicksilver, Polaris, Gambit, Warlock, Cypher, and Danger just looked so bad.

I never read the series, but the costumes were atrocious. That's just not how I would ever envision Polaris. I imagine at least one of their villains saw all of the knee pads and couldn't resist saying, "Nice get up. You must be here to blow me... away?"

BANNED

This one?

Not bad.
    Ah yes. Looks terrible here, but worked well in the book, as I recall
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver