Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I know it's from another universe, but this should've been the replacement for Madelyn's modern costume. The latest one she had wasn't great.

They tried to make this Medusa's costume, but I think she and the other inhumans should always were their traditional masks. And she needs an updated uni next time she appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    hnnnnnnnnnnng
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks. More on topic, though, there was post-Clone Conspiracy Ben Reilly's Scarlet Spider costume, which definitely did not catch on.
    If you take what Marvel says at face-value, that costume was so disliked it was ditched for the classic Scarlet Spider look as soon as the third issue.
    Attachment 90257
    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They tried to make this Medusa's costume, but I think she and the other inhumans should always were their traditional masks. And she needs an updated uni next time she appears.
    Yeah, I remember during the big Inhumans push they kept trying to give Medusa new, more regal, costumes but they still kept defaulting to the purple bodysuit + domino mask.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Madelyne Pryor has a few costumes now that didn't really take. I can't really complain, though. She's one of those characters that I don't mind seeing reinterpreted from one artist to the next.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

39BBE652-DF96-454C-8D2D-60E3055891CC.jpg

I actually liked the Joe Mad purple Storm.

The Joe Mad/Mike Deodato Avengers:Crossing era outfits had some good elements. In particular the Black Widow suit and haircut. Probably one of my top 3 looks for Natasha.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I just did a few quick mock-ups and there really is no saving that costume, with or without skin exposed. Glad they rejected that costume.
    Agreed this proposed Spiderwoman redesign is pretty much DOA...

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I just did a few quick mock-ups and there really is no saving that costume, with or without skin exposed. Glad they rejected that costume.
    Pic? I don’t see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Agreed this proposed Spiderwoman redesign is pretty much DOA...
    Great job though

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The Joe Mad/Mike Deodato Avengers:Crossing era outfits had some good elements. In particular the Black Widow suit and haircut. Probably one of my top 3 looks for Natasha.

I am actually a fan of quite a few of those. Giant Man and Hawkeye look very good. I loved that costume on the Scarlet Witch too, and honestly I think it was one of her best looks. I hated that ditched it for the throwback "Gypsy Dancer" look when they relaunched the series.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I really liked Scarlet Witches outfit in this era. Most of the Avengers were pretty good except for Thors outfit and Iron Mans armor. I didnt like those. I thought they were hidious.Speaking of Mad when he drew Wanda, Pietros and Hawkeyes outfit in the X-Books during Onslaught they looked great. I didnt like how Clint went back to his costume from the 80s or Wandas gypsy look. Tell you the truth I cant stand that Wanda still goes back to her classic costume with the head piece, They did the same with Polaris in X-Men she has her classic look with the headpiece. I'm sorry but I like things that make sense visually and when you have all these characters with modern looks and then you have Wanda and Lorna still looking like they are from the 60- 80s its jarring to me, Kurt is also back in his old togs already after he got a new one along with Jean who is also back in her old dress. Here is a link to those shortlived Jean and Nightcrawler outfits.

https://i2.wp.com/www.comicsbeat.com...1-leinilyu.png

I think I was the only one who liked them. I also miss the short lived Polaris update with the green and aqua and the x on her chest which I dont have an image of. She just looks ridiculous in that old green costume around all the modern looks.

Guess that's what the weird late 90s Avengers cartoon based its Hawkeye design on.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Guess that's what the weird late 90s Avengers cartoon based its Hawkeye design on.
    I can't make up my mind whether it's better or worse then the t-shirt and shades look .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't make up my mind whether it's better or worse then the t-shirt and shades look .
    I actually don't mind that look. It fit the tone of Fraction's book. But I think it makes less sense in an Avengers book.

I was just going to post about these. The Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver costumes were excellent. Natasha's was a welcome change after wearing the drab, gray costume for over a decade. Thor's was bad though and deserved to be forgotten