Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Is this the gayest book of the line? If so, when will Kate finally reveal her own true colors and try to persuade Rachel to join? And Illyana, now that Krakoan free love culture allows for that. Also, huh, how is Shinibi being brought back before they bring back Charles? Or is Jean taking over for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Why would Sebastian trust Shinobi?
    Well, this era is marked by the idea of second chances and clean slates. Or maybe Shaw is just that desperate with few allies or resources.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I like the art displaying the different areas that the Hellfire club occupy on Krakoa. I wonder will we see Shaw push for having his brother brought back?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Is this the gayest book of the line? If so, when will Kate finally reveal her own true colors and try to persuade Rachel to join? And Illyana, now that Krakoan free love culture allows for that. Also, huh, how is Shinibi being brought back before they bring back Charles? Or is Jean taking over for him?

Well, this era is marked by the idea of second chances and clean slates. Or maybe Shaw is just that desperate with few allies or resources.
    Charles is on the cover (follow the link in the first post).

Book of the year 2019 goes to

I don't have enough headspace for alive!Shinobi.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yeah, where are Ororo and Kurt’s palaces? Not that I can actually see either of them wanting a palace mind, but you get the gist.
    The HFC are posturing and jockeying for power, even on Krakoa, hence building huge "**** you" palaces outside of each others' windows. Kurt and Ororo probably have cozy, individual homes because, as pointed out, they likely don't want anything to do with that (and I expect Kitty getting involved in it is going to be a big part of what Ororo and Bobby have objections to).

This book is so damn much fun. Easily my fave of the new titles.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post

I’m pretty sure that Shinobi’s resurrection being shown on the cover is a flashback (which explains Charles being on the cover).

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m pretty sure that Shinobi’s resurrection being shown on the cover is a flashback (which explains Charles being on the cover).
    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Charles is on the cover (follow the link in the first post).
    Aha, thanks guys! Also, does anyone else think Emma’s palace kind of looks like the Fortress of Solitude?

Astonishing Member

I know that ‘hur hur towns/cities are a sign of baseline inferiority’ etc, but seeing as the drugs need to be shipped in a certain amount of bulk for the deal to be at all viable; Hellfire Bay appears, beautiful palaces aside, somewhat lacking in infrastructure

BANNED

Where is the inevitable Sina Grace tweet saying he planned to use Shinobi on Iceman and Marvel wouldn't allow it? I can't wait for it.

Preview looks good, it's just a shame that Bandini's art is kind of too safe for my tastes. He was the best part of Gold, which isn't saying much, sadly, but he does good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    HA! Wait...actually I don’t remember calling Shinobi being back but this book hit maximum gay. Bobby, Christian, and Shinobi love triangle hehehe
    HELLLLL YESSSSSSSSS. We just need Daken, Prodigy, Jean Paul, and Shattybuns to join up now.

Looks great any way Shaw asked for his son before Lourdes

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Looks great any way Shaw asked for his son before Lourdes
    I fully support Lourdes returning. But I doubt that they would have her DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    HELLLLL YESSSSSSSSS. We just need Daken, Prodigy, Jean Paul, and Shattybuns to join up now.
    Prodigy? Since when?
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Prodigy? Since when?
    He came out as bi in Young Avengers vol. 2

He tried to steal Hulkling from Wiccan

Mighty Member

and Prodigy.. Its great to see queer representation but if they are mostly white that is not doing the work that it could do. Karma, Prodigy, and Rictor are extremely important because they cut across more than just being a sexual minority.