Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Seriously? Since when is it a problem that representation matters to readers? It has nothing to do with being a villain... Queer characters can be villains. It's more like how Marvel generally treats queer characters, but ok.

Interesting that's the only thing he's allowed to do...
    I can see that. There is a definite issue with the X-Men's bisexuals being sexually voracious and/or manipulative. Even the most positive, heroic representation - Shatterstar - falls into the stereotype that bi people are more likely to be polyamorous (because they're greedy, can't decide, and have to have everything on the sexual buffet).

Imma Just say that 2 out of the 3 panels we've seen of Bobby in Marauders uniced have done him no favors my dude needs to work on that art come issue 5!

BANNED

The art is fine. Christian exudes sex appeal in just one panel. Its not the artist fault Bobby is a lil goblin.

I thought twinky underwear Bobby on Marauders #1 was great. The panel where he's jumping? 10/10 would do him if I was a top.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Yo this book just won major points with the reintroduction of Shinobi! SO Juicy

this very well could be the series they might reintroduce Empyrean, and if they do I will fr.e.e..a.ak zomg

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    this very well could be the series they might reintroduce Empyrean, and if they do I will fr.e.e..a.ak zomg
    You just brought me way back.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Everything about Empyrean works in this society, such a good character, so much possibility, the comic book he was introduced in was literally my 'God Loves Man Kills', I'm sure it was for many in my generation, I honestly was perplexed why they didn't follow up with turning him into a grade A villain. Maybe they can rehabilitate him now? He'd fit perfectly into one of the courts or as a consort of Selene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Good old fashioned standards should never been let go of. What does Bobby bring to a relationship? Is he emotionally mature? Is he responsible? Does he have a job or money? Is he even hot which is as low as u can set the bar? Answer to all of these is no. The other two are like millionaires, their closet is probably worth more then the Drake suburban house. He needs to step up his game and leave the flip flops and hawaiian shirts and dad jokes at home if he wants to play in the big league.
    No, good old fashioned standards are why our world fucking sucks, and they are irrelevant on Krakoa. What do Krakoans need with human money? They are immortals with abundant resources to which they all have access. Besides, as per Hickman, Bobby is a national treasure and one of Krakoa’s most precious commodities. These two affluenza-infected brats should be so lucky to be within earshot of this twunk’s dad jokes, especially since neither of them have demonstrated emotional stability, much less maturity, to any degree.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 12-01-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Everything about Empyrean works in this society, such a good character, so much possibility, the comic book he was introduced in was literally my 'God Loves Man Kills', I'm sure it was for many in my generation, I honestly was perplexed why they didn't follow up with turning him into a grade A villain. Maybe they can rehabilitate him now? He'd fit perfectly into one of the courts or as a consort of Selene.
    Fun fact: He was left to be Dino chow in the Hardee's X-Men promotional comics.

I'd love to see Empyrean back. He could definitely give Shinobi a run for his slutty bi money.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    No, good old fashioned standards are why our world fucking sucks, and they are irrelevant on Krakoa. What do Krakoans need with human money? They are immortals with abundant resources to which they all have access. Besides, as per Hickman, Bobby is a national treasure and one of Krakoa’s most precious commodities. These two affluenza-infected brats should be so lucky to be within earshot of this twunk’s dad jokes, especially since neither of them have demonstrated emotional stability, much less maturity, to any degree.
    Honey Im a broke bitch, ofc money is nothing to us and when the revolution come we can eat the rich together. But a Shaw or a Frost is not gonna think like that.

The art is fine. Christian exudes sex appeal in just one panel. Its not the artist fault Bobby is a lil goblin.
    I actually agree with your other post. When you think about it Bobby doesn't really offer much. Personally i prefer a little hump in the back over just a back that descends into two legs.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

No ass no body hair no hair-or-jaw line. Even his feet r fkn ugly. We need to love ourselves and recognize our worth and say: I deserve better then an average looking twinky manchild. Just like Cricri and Shinobi will.

Heart of gold: no he is a brat and a bigot.
    Funny: absolutely not. The Iceman is funny myth has been pervasive and enduring for decades but when has any writer made him funny? Comedy is really hard to write and Bobby is not the kind of characters writers tend to focus on. But it has never happened.
    This is very no sexy. The underwear is very ulgy, and flip flops? on really...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    At least he doesn't have socks on with the flip flops. Lol. His body just looks so underdeveloped in that pic. Like if not for his mutant metabolism he would have super dad bod(which would proably make him look better) as opposed to someone who has never run, jumped, or worked out a day in his life.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Tube socks would have improved the look. Tbh im fine with Bobby being a lil ugly not everyone can be a model

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Fun fact: He was left to be Dino chow in the Hardee's X-Men promotional comics.

I'd love to see Empyrean back. He could definitely give Shinobi a run for his slutty bi money.
    You reading this, X-Office? We want Empyrean.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!