Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    salarta: They are making her hook up with Scott rather than acknowleding Genosha? Marvel's anti-Polaris agenda again, like I expected.
    This time Salart would be ULTRA right

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The women in my office talk about shoes and fashion all the time.

Also a multitude of other things, especially work related things, but they absolutely do this.
    I rarely see women talking about fashion, mostly sex, work, travel.
    I gail to remember a woman starting a talk by saying how beautiful the other woman shoes are

DO IT.

I wonder which would cause more outrage, Logan's mask or Emma's corset?
    Cyclops probably like to cosplay
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-01-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    salarta: They are making her hook up with Scott rather than acknowleding Genosha? Marvel's anti-Polaris agenda again, like I expected.
    Personally I think the reason Scott has been getting along so well with Lorna since the relaunch is that Mr. Perpetually Old has finally realized that Lorna was the adult in her relationship and that he probably has more in common with her than with Alex.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I rarely see women talking about fashion, mostly sex, work, travel.
    I gail to remember a woman starting a talk by saying how beautiful the other woman shoes are
    And yet I work with living examples who do just that. As well as relatives, friends and one of my roommates.
    And they talk about all that other stuff (and more) too. So saying they don't in 2019 is a bit of a stretch, because all you have to do is interact with some to see that they will bring it up. Definitely not 24/7, but be real, it happens.

And yet I work with living examples who do just that. As well as relatives, friends and one of my roommates.
    And they talk about all that other stuff (and more) too. So saying they don't in 2019 is a bit of a stretch, because all you have to do is interact with some to see that they will bring it up. Definitely not 24/7, but be real, it happens.
    I didn't said it was impossible, but women conversations are a lot less clichés than tv and books make it looks;
    I htought the dialog was a bit forced, specially befoer a council meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Personally I think the reason Scott has been getting along so well with Lorna since the relaunch is that Mr. Perpetually Old has finally realized that Lorna was the adult in her relationship and that he probably has more in common with her than with Alex.
    I have no issue with Lorna engaging in free love with Scott... heck I wouldn't have an issue with her doing it with Jean, Emma, Wolverine. That said brothers locking horns like deer in heat over her is a no vote from me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    You also have to take into consideration Emmas age. Sure superscience could do sthg abt it, but it would be a bit too unrealistic.
    She has five clones walking around that were created from her stolen eggs. 5 clones that have a hive mind. So unrealistic and Emma Frost don't match. With all the superscience and magic around if she wants more children she can have them at any age.

But not sure she wants more children.

BANNED

Just because you keep saying this doesn't mean it's true. For plenty of others none of this reads as OOC or completely out of left field.

Or even if it's a change, it doesn't mean it's an unpleasant one.

Yes there really is no real world equivalent to judge how accurately these people act.

When mutant super powers, cosmic fire birds, constant death and resurrection, and telepathy are added into the mix, I think the characters involved just saying "**** it, let's try something new" is pretty believable.
    Totally. It's nice to see them try new things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    2010's Betsy was absolutely obnoxious and unreadable. All of a sudden shes a murder addict (which she wasnt even one of the XMen who kill ik the 90s and 00s), she has identity crisis after identity crisis, she cant feel remorse or whatever that was. Remender ruined her and Archangel by recycling Yost threads that Yost had already concluded. The only writer who did anything remotely interesting with Betsy was Spurrier who had her **** a new Cable every day that was a classic moment Claremont would have been proud. Everything else is better forgotten.
    That's part of the reason why they had Betsy Braddock recreated her British body and why they made Kwannon Psylocke. Basically it was always a part of Betsy's character that she had connections to OtherWorld and her twin brother Brian Braddock. But in the 2010s they essentually wanted to forget all that.

Making her Captain Britain was basically the best thing they could have done for her. And now we get to see them actually give Psylocke (Kwannon) an actual past.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That's part of the reason why they had Betsy Braddock recreated her British body and why they made Kwannon Psylocke. Basically it was always a part of Betsy's character that she had connections to OtherWorld and her twin brother Brian Braddock. But in the 2010s they essentually wanted to forget all that.

Making her Captain Britain was basically the best thing they could have done for her. And now we get to see them actually give Psylocke (Kwannon) an actual past.
    Yeah despite the complaints Kwannon is receiving over keeping the Psylocke name I gotta say that this method of distinguishing the two characters seems pretty successful so far.

Kwannon is giving me strong Remender Psylocke vibes and I think that's the best direction they could have taken a character. I'm really waiting to see how the writer solidifies Betsy's new personality and role as Captain Britain I see the potential but it hasn't quite landed for me yet.

Also take a nice clear description of what her new powers are would help

I wonder if Rachel has clown feet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lol
    Why do Emma and Rachel look so.....strong
    LMAO
    GrindrStone(D)

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Art style. I've seen enough of these 4-koma works to say that's just how the artist draws females.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

When mutant super powers, cosmic fire birds, constant death and resurrection, and telepathy are added into the mix, I think the characters involved just saying "**** it, let's try something new" is pretty believable.
    Yet, fiction must be believable, plausible. Otherwise, it is simply dismissed by a reader that looks at this with a modicum of critical thinking.

I think that a reader that buys a comic wants to like this comic. You don't consider it in the same way that if you just read it in a library or if someone else has bought it. There is a bias.

Yes, what have the mutants go through along the years, no one of the Earth has gone through. Still, there are equivalences: war, crisis, traumatic experiences… reality can be quite surprising and some things that have really happened are hard to believe.

Claremont had written the X-men like X-men readers could identify to them, now, what have X-men readers and X-men in common? Where is the interest if they are so different from the real humans, telepathy and ressurection and all… and it is the reason why you can't understand their reaction?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

I think Remender's run is almost singlehandedly responsible for making Betsy and Psylocke integral again today (lest we forget her purgatory in New Exiles - and her return after didn't have her up to much), and I liked it a lot. I also love what Hill is doing with Kwannon, a character I would've junked completely and never spoken of again after restoring English Betsy. Frankly Hill's Psylocke II is currently outranking Betsy for me, and Betsy has been my favorite X-Man for decades. YMMV.
    Last edited by powerpax; 12-03-2019 at 05:54 AM.