Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    there is decades of these chaarcters being in mono and never thinking about sharing out get one more in the relationship.
    It's not like Marvel, up until possibly now, as ever wanted to even broach the subject, right? It's unexplored ground, so you have no foundation to suggest that they woulnd't be up for exploring it.

Like another poster said, it's similar to Marvel not wanting any gay characters in their comics. They just didn't explore it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    These are people that I talk. Saw some pro-polly easy saying that sales are because of it and that majority are with it.
    I think the sales are an indicator that the whole direction is doing well with the majority so far, not that everyone is ok with the poly thing specifically.
    On here, it just seems like it's the same 3-4 people discussing the poly thing as being bad. Everyone else just ignores it or rolls with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Exactly! They're not real people from the real world. They must have a different take on this kind of things.

And how do you know that hahaha? If I could have relationships with people just by thinking about it, then I'd have quite a different take on them. Without even considering coming back from being part of a universal force such as the Phoenix.
    Seriously. Even just keeping things on Jean, she has a crazy ass life. How can any real person completely relate to what her thought process would be? She's died and resurrected a few times, ascended to actual Godhood, and has telepathy strong enough that when it activated she felt the thoughts of her dying friend. She at least partially forgave Emma back in the Morrison run because of her telepathy, she knew Emma wasn't just some one note trifling bitch, she had genuine feelings for Scott and Jean could feel those on a level none of us could in reality.

And Scott and Logan have so much Ho Yay that they have their own section on TV Tropes. All this subtext has existed for a while, the mutants realized they all love each other and their lives are weird af, why not go "**** it?" and pull the trigger? Lets have some new relationship dynamics with them all acting like adults and with no tedious angst.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's not like Marvel, up until possibly now, as ever wanted to even broach the subject, right? It's unexplored ground, so you have no foundation to suggest that they woulnd't be up for exploring it.

Like another poster said, it's similar to Marvel not wanting any gay characters in their comics. They just didn't explore it.
    They could have planted subtext, like they did with gay chaarcters (mystique, destiny, northstar). And then i would have to eat my hat, it is not the case so I don't need to eat my hat.

I don't even think Marvel want to explore it now, too much hinting for something that could be explicit on first issue of x-men and that would get more printings.

I think the sales are an indicator that the whole direction is doing well with the majority so far, not that everyone is ok with the poly thing specifically.
    On here, it just seems like it's the same 3-4 people discussing the poly thing as being bad. Everyone else just ignores it or rolls with it.
    We aren't even 6 months into the relaunch, very hard to say it is a success. And there isn't nothing concrete about being poly that would make people accepting it.
    Too early for any conclusion.

Seriously. Even just keeping things on Jean, she has a crazy ass life. How can any real person completely relate to what her thought process would be? She's died and resurrected a few times, ascended to actual Godhood, and has telepathy strong enough that when it activated she felt the thoughts of her dying friend. She at least partially forgave Emma back in the Morrison run because of her telepathy, she knew Emma wasn't just some one note trifling bitch, she had genuine feelings for Scott and Jean could feel those on a level none of us could in reality.

And Scott and Logan have so much Ho Yay that they have their own section on TV Tropes. All this subtext has existed for a while, the mutants realized they all love each other and their lives are weird af, why not go "**** it?" and pull the trigger? Lets have some new relationship dynamics with them all acting like adults and with no tedious angst.
    This is the same logic that I saw where I worked. There was a girl, she was pretty crazy and very wild for the standarts of the store. people started to say that she dated a girl LOl but she dated a guy. Even my co-worker said that they only said that because of stereoptypes.

Scott and Logan had no bond over Jean, they started a war using her love.

Jean never loved Logan. say that they all love each other is wrong

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Well that’s the thing, I‘m not sure Emma, Scott, and Jean are all having threesomes but they’re still engaging in an open relationship where Scemma and Jott can both exist without a competitive nature attached to it. I don’t think they’re actually having group sex sessions as much as them just being able to all date each other. And I do understand that Cyclops wasn’t just sitting on his hands while Jean and Wolverine made out, but it wasn’t such an impediment on the interconnecting relationship with each other. It provided character tension that carried over the decades, but on Utopia for example, there was a very deep trust between Scott and Logan.

Jean didn’t like what had happened but what did she do right after: basically gave Emma forced therapy. That doesn’t mean they were friends or that Jean was doing Emma any favors but she wanted to know why she acted the way she did. The X-Men, for how human they acted whenever stuff compromised their relationships, have always risen above that and still considered each other family when many others would have nothing to do with each other. That won’t translate to going out and killing the cheating parties, but think about their overall life experiences and contrast how Jean and Emma interacted with each other during Hopeless’ Jeen solo with the context that the latter essentially “stole” the former’s husband.
    Jean did not give Emma therapy. She ransacked Emma's mind because she was mad as hell lol.

As for Teen Jean, like I said, them not murdering each other doesn't mean they want to see the other person sexing their loved one.

As for Scemma and Jott existing simultaneously, I do mostly expect that, simply because that's the kind of stereotypical male fantasy we can expect from the same group who would deny the concept of bisexuality. Would that be in line with Jean Grey's and Emma's characters? Not really, but it's not really about what it does for the female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jean did not give Emma therapy. She ransacked Emma's mind because she was mad as hell lol.
    That clearly wasn't a therapy, that was a mental powerful attack. Jean was so furious.

to think that she would be ok with sharing Scott is too much like fanfic.

This discussion won't ever come to an end. We should all just wait for the issues to come out at this point and see what happens and how it's explained.

Speaking of other stuff... Why do you guys think they put a portal in the Savage Land? It's mostly inhabitated and hostile and it's not like they need more space with all those habitats.

And I have a feeling that Hickman will throw the High Evolutionary in at this point. he'd work quite well with the Homo Novissima stuff.

Maybe they want to deal with the Savage Land mutates

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Speaking of other stuff... Why do you guys think they put a portal in the Savage Land? It's mostly inhabitated and hostile and it's not like they need more space with all those habitats.
    So Colossus can visit his son.

Would Zaladane be considered another "pretender"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

As for Teen Jean, like I said, them not murdering each other doesn't mean they want to see the other person sexing their loved one.

As for Scemma and Jott existing simultaneously, I do mostly expect that, simply because that's the kind of stereotypical male fantasy we can expect from the same group who would deny the concept of bisexuality. Would that be in line with Jean Grey's and Emma's characters? Not really, but it's not really about what it does for the female characters.
    Ransacked is sort of implied when I said forced. I read this as Jean having Emma confront whatever fucked up crap she’d been through that led her to be so “hateful” or insensitive of other relationships. She didn’t go through Emma’s mind just because she could, she went in there with a purpose.

I’m not talking about teen Jean and Emma interacting, I’m talking about ghost adult Jean interacting with Emma. Already addressed that their interactions have more to do with what conversations they have and not that they’re able to interact at all. I’m talking about how they approach each other and not that they aren’t clawing st each other every chance they get.

Jean is also getting to have both Scott and Logan.

With all the talk of "make more mutants" and possible multiple relationships, I wonder who will get pregnant first.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    With all the talk of "make more mutants" and possible multiple relationships, I wonder who will get pregnant first.
    No one marketable is my bet.

Bring Ruby to 616. Tempus can age Emma's baby.

BANNED

Its confirmed Weapon+ harvested all of Emma's eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Sublime took a syringe full. That's around 1,000 eggs. The average female has over 20,000. She's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It has nothing to do with getting pregnant. It's about ressurrecting more mutants for Genosha and a counterpoint to "no, more mutants"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Ransacked is sort of implied when I said forced. I read this as Jean having Emma confront whatever fucked up crap she’d been through that led her to be so “hateful” or insensitive of other relationships. She didn’t go through Emma’s mind just because she could, she went in there with a purpose.

I’m not talking about teen Jean and Emma interacting, I’m talking about ghost adult Jean interacting with Emma. Already addressed that their interactions have more to do with what conversations they have and not that they’re able to interact at all. I’m talking about how they approach each other and not that they aren’t clawing st each other every chance they get.

Jean is also getting to have both Scott and Logan.
    There was nothing about therapy when Jean did it, as Emma continued to be a-hole. Jean wanted revenge.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-30-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    That isn't much of a hurdle in comics, especially ones with both magic and super science in them. Plus Sinister, does anyone really think any level of infertility would be more than a speed bump for him if he decides to do something?
    Dark does not mean deep.