Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture. Hordeculture.

Mighty Member

Boring issue. This title is a let down for me after HOX/POX. I was expecting the same level of quality.

All three issues this week were MeH Ok.

The peaceful generation is a bullshit line. That's all ill say.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    spoilers:
    Nope
    end of spoilers

Anyways this is issue kinda crazy. This is what I signed up for and the direction I would like to see the X-men go more. Once again the art lets the story down and now Yu is firmly on my list along with Land, Liefeld of artist who I am not saying they are bad but artist who need stop getting high profile stuff. Tactically this book has issues and imo Krakoa has another flub like in X-force 1 in which I am beginning to root for the humans if the mutants are going to be this stupid in planning they deserve to be wiped out. The response to villains also has a little of this too imo.

Lastly while I am board with story being told this is not flagship level stuff , Now don't get me wrong these types of stories most definitely need to be told in the X-world. X-men feels like it should be a companion book to a main book. I mean Marauders and X-force are clearly holding their own and they are basic "Uncanny X-men" level book. Marketing wise the style of story this book telling is a slight misstep without the second book "X-men" around even though as mentioned before we technically do have it.
    Oh!

This review stll got me quite excited though.

BANNED

So yeah, that just happened. I can't decide if I love or hate this issue. It's all very silver age. If Hickman suddenly replaced Cyclops with Adam West's Batman it wouldn't seem out of place.

BANNED

New villains keeps riling up since there's no more mutant villains.
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    spoilers:
    Nope
    end of spoilers
    What about Emma’s line:

spoilers:
    So, dear, if you could hit these...ladies harder than you normally would, it would only make me love you more.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

After reading some coments about how the X-men would beat the Humans easily, etc. I don’t know how this issue will be read. Some users would be upset about cyclops kissing the floor so easily against some humans

BANNED

I can't say I care for the direction X-Men is is going in. I wouldn't consider a bad book by any means, but I had hoped that House of X/Powers of X would lead directly into this book in a significant way. And furthermore, that it'd maintain the pace, tone and overall interest that the miniseries had. I think some of the 'splinter' titles are doing a better job thus far at delivering on this new era of X-Men stories.

Without giving away anything until spoiler discussion opens officially, I'll just say a couple things:

1. Characters I care about made a cameo but were dismissed/disposed of as we've come to expect whenever they appear.

2. The new villains are intriguing conceptually but I just don't think were executed very well. And while mutants are aligned, and thus the majority of their villains accounted for, that doesn't stop Hickman from accessing a great many existing villains and reshaping them to fit his narrative, rather than bringing in new characters.

3. Not really any further clues on what the Emma/Scott relationship is at this point in time. I'm beginning to think there won't be true confirmation for some time yet

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

2) IMHO, the mandate that all mutants regardless of alignment are on one Krakoan side to force new villains (of the human and post-human sorts) to be (re)introduced has about an inconsistent rate of success.

3) Probably because to confirm at last would be to blatantly say everybody's okay with sleeping with everybody else, and may have already done so. "What do you mean it's for kids" an stuff.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Astonishing Member

Was this a golden girls reference

This read like a random adventure in a X-Men Unlimited type of book.

BANNED

It's insane and I love it.

IMO Hickman has chosen to make the early issues of the flagship book about worldbuilding while supporting the other books and I'm fine with that. They're fun and full of new ideas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post

IMO Hickman has chosen to make the early issues of the flagship book about worldbuilding while supporting the other books and I'm fine with that. They're fun and full of new ideas.
    Me too. This was bonkers. Radicalized old lady science cabal on social security is a pretty fresh concept for the X, and you can tell Hickman enjoyed writing them. I also thought Yu’s pencils worked better here. That scene (you know the one) was hysterical mostly because of the reactions. Emma and Shaw were priceless. Also, Scott was sexy AF. Loving this look.

I’m in. Give me more weird world building.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post

I have yet to read it, but I'm reading a lot of complaints online about this. But the early Avengers issues were literally the same (before Infinity)