Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    *What* new dynamic? Just throwing it out there, but we might be dealing with multiple layers of authorial trolling, here.
    You've been saying that forever but I don't see why you'd think that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t think they changed it but Nareel didn’t tell Piotr that the kid was his.
    I remember that. But I thought someone made him not Piotr's later, which I disliked. (And it's Nereel)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Why do you think Giant Size Jean and Emma is a thing? The level of salt from certain posters alone is enough to drown New Jersey.
    I am too close to forums and twitter to gauge if it is strong small vocal fanbases carrying it or if this is really appealing to lots of people beyond the fanbase. I mean is this on Feige radar? Could they use this Jean/Emma/Scott instead of Scott/Logan/Jean in the MCU. I can't tell how big it is reality.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-28-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I remember that. But I thought someone made him not Piotr's later, which I disliked. (And it's Nereel)
    If they did, I don’t think it officially stuck. AFAIK that’s still his kid but I could be wrong, he was one of the Rasputin family members that got a familial psychic backlash when Colossus’ uncle died.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am too close to forums and twitter to gauge if it is strong small vocal fanbases carrying it or if this is really appealing to lots of people beyond the fanbase. I mean is this on Feige radar? Could they use this Jean/Emma/Scott instead of Scott/Logan/Jean in the MCU. I can't tell how big it is reality.
    Oh lord I hope not. The amount of butthurt crying from all sides would be intolerable. Comic geeks would throw a fit about it messing with the canon, feminists would take offense to it being a borderline male fantasy story with the women reduced to bickering over the man, incels would throw around the word "cuck" like it is going out of style. I have to use Twitter for a living, don't make it more unbearable than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Oh lord I hope not. The amount of butthurt crying from all sides would be intolerable. Comic geeks would throw a fit about it messing with the canon, feminists would take offense to it being a borderline male fantasy story with the women reduced to bickering over the man, incels would throw around the word "cuck" like it is going out of style. I have to use Twitter for a living, don't make it more unbearable than it already is.
    If I had a penny for the amount of times I've heard perturbed incels misuse the word cuck ...
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 11-29-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    If I had a penny for the amount of times I've heard perturbed incels misuse the work cuck ...
    "Is he just using words he learned on social media again?"

-Seras Victoria, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFrost View Post
    I’d gladly read a whole series just about Jean and Emma going out and getting drinks together.
    I would buy it^^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Amen. Hickman is delivering the updated version of Claremontian subtext, and I'm loving it.
    As someone who loved the "Subtext"(it was not exactly subtil, if my eight year old self got it^^), I could read Jean and Emma at a bar Talking all day^^

Emma was right

Cyclops sounds... flat. I wonder why Hickman writes him this way? I loved Rightclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Cyclops sounds... flat. I wonder why Hickman writes him this way? I loved Rightclops.
    Yeah he definitely stands out compared to Jean, Emma or the New Mutants in terms of his voice. Much more robotic.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah he definitely stands out compared to Jean, Emma or the New Mutants in terms of his voice. Much more robotic.
    Maybe Hickman is trying to compromise with his take on Cyke and kind of position him inbetween Revolutionary and Boy Scout.

For me, the entire XMen series almost comes off as like a sequence of dreams or fantasies that Cyclops is having, him as the faux-idyllic father raising his children, barbecuing on the moon with his wife and lover and relatives, bravely going on adventures against monsters in a lighthearted and almost "Leave it to Beaver" type way. You know? It's SO odd. And the robot dialogue/art without facial expressions massively amplifies these feelings.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Maybe Hickman is trying to compromise with his take on Cyke and kind of position him inbetween Revolutionary and Boy Scout.

For me, the entire XMen series almost comes off as like a sequence of dreams or fantasies that Cyclops is having, him as the faux-idyllic father raising his children, barbecuing on the moon with his wife and lover and relatives, bravely going on adventures against monsters in a lighthearted and almost "Leave it to Beaver" type way. You know? It's SO odd. And the robot dialogue/art without facial expressions massively amplifies these feelings.
    There must be some reason... because I refuse to believe that Hickman has forgotten how to write dialogs. I really enjoyed his previous comics.

BANNED

I don’t find Scott robotic at all. He’s just got the typical dry humor (with the kids last issue, with Jean here re: what he does) of many Hickman protagonists. He’s got jokes if people want to read the actual text.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Speak for yourself. I love the new dynamic. It’s the people so insecure about it as to obsess over it or insist it‘s a gag that crack me up.
    Exactatiously! I love the new dynamic as well.
    It's no more "gag" than Claremont's neverending Rogue/Gambit's "will they won't they" schtick. Or his Jean/Scott's "star-crossed lovers who could never be...because reasons". With both scenarios mired in tedious, melodramatic doom and gloom misery. Ugh!
    At least HiX-Man is serving up something different and fun.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!