Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I have yet to read it, but I'm reading a lot of complaints online about this.
    **** 'em. 1010

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It's insane and I love it.

IMO Hickman has chosen to make the early issues of the flagship book about worldbuilding while supporting the other books and I'm fine with that. They're fun and full of new ideas.
    It is good stuff but it is weird that the flagship book is world building,slice of life stuff with hint of comic book superhero stuff. Now there 100% percent needs to have a book like this in the X-franchise at all times I don't think I am in the minority but I would read a book about just X-men relationships, X-men running the school, X-men living in the world with little to no action. I don't think the main book should be that though I can't fault anyone after coming off of HoXPoX thinking they are going to get continuation of that story or some other big concept stuff and we are getting "filler episode" type stuff.

I really like what is happening in these issue just feels to me like it should be in a X-men Legacy, X-men Red or Astonishing X-men but either way the mix of comic book stuff with interpersonal stuff is great in these books. Plus the new stuff being introduced is a nice change of pace Orchis, The demon/Horsemen children stuff, Now the evil plant Golden Girls, It is nice to see new villians being introduced not everyone of them is going to hit but it is better remix of the same old story which was told better before. Love or Hate it The X-men at least have a fresh direction going forward instead of the chasing the past.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Wow Emma is worthless, it’s also now canon she dresses like a slut and has a problem with hey vagina and needs to wash it. This Hickman era is quite something, and here some Emma fans were going wild with the Jean has bigger feet comment.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It's insane and I love it.

IMO Hickman has chosen to make the early issues of the flagship book about worldbuilding while supporting the other books and I'm fine with that. They're fun and full of new ideas.
    Agreed, I get other people (rightfully) came into this book with higher expectation after how eventful house/powers of x were, but these one shot silver age style issues are a lot of fun. There is no doubt we'll eventually go in event mode, so we might as well enjoy this status quo while we can. I'm sure when sh*t actually does hit the fan, people will be still complaining about the "dialogue being flat" or whatever.

Also I'm sad we didn't get a lot of scemma scenes besides that one line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Wow Emma is worthless, it’s also now canon she dresses like a slut and has a problem with hey vagina and needs to wash it. This Hickman era is quite something, and here some Emma fans were going wild with the Jean has bigger feet comment.
    No, it’s now canon that prudish old ladies gonna prudish old lady. That’s all.

I love evil-geneticist Golden Girls. This issue was extremely entertaining.

some Emma fans were going wild with the Jean has bigger feet comment.
    i didn't understand what Emma was implying. what does that mean?

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    She was just being catty like Jean I would lend them to you, but your feet are bigger than mine.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    It was playful banter, I think hickman forgot some x fans overanalyze every line a character says and they must always be 100% in line with what the character has previously done or he will be crucified online.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    No, it’s now canon that prudish old ladies gonna prudish old lady. That’s all.
    I mean, no woman in real life who isn't a prostitute wears what Emma wears. Not that slut-shaming is ever okay.

Unless you're a fierce old crone. Get it, grandma.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, no woman in real life who isn't a prostitute wears what Emma wears. Not that slut-shaming is ever okay.

Unless you're a fierce old crone. Get it, grandma.
    Wait is this a serious comment?

Astonishing Member

I never knew I wanted see bea arther insult Emma frost, but I'm glad I saw it

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Yeah, I could see Jean wearing a size 11.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Wait is this a serious comment?
    There's a grain of truth in every joke.

BANNED

Her box was full of Scotts seed. More threesum innuendo.