Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Sounds like you just want to ignore everything that contradicts ur headcanon.

BANNED

How do those pages relate to what we are talking about exactly?

BANNED

Jean hasnt harbored negative feelings for Emma since Morrisson. Emma is petty but as we've seen from her dynamic with Storm and Kitty its her way of being friends with other women. So how does their exchange in the preview contradicts any prior continuity when theyve been shown to be on good terms in the few interactions theyve had since Planet X?

Is how it relates to the convo but I didnt spell it out at first because I thought it was pretty self explanatory. I'll be more obvious next time.

They both are obviously harboring secret murder plots towards one another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Jean hasnt harbored negative feelings for Emma since Morrisson. Emma is petty but as we've seen from her dynamic with Storm and Kitty its her way of being friends with other women. So how does their exchange in the preview contradicts any prior continuity when theyve been shown to be on good terms in the few interactions theyve had since Planet X?

Is how it relates to the convo but I didnt spell it out at first because I thought it was pretty self explanatory. I'll be more obvious next time.
    They didn't interact after Planet X until Teen Jean's solo and now Hickman. Even in Endsong, Emma was simply relaying other folks' feelings. They weren't talking to each other.

Weren't you just making a disparaging comment about headcanon?

Also, the best panels to headcanon a best-friends relationship existing pre-Hickman would be the Teen Jean and Emma panels from the Bendis run, when Emma all but straddles Teen Jean.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 11-29-2019 at 02:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They both are obviously harboring secret murder plots towards one another.
    Emma could have gifted the shoes to Jean and watch her get paralyzed when blood stops flowing to her big feet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    They didn't interact after Planet X until Teen Jean's solo and now Hickman. Even in Endsong, Emma was simply relaying other folks' feelings. They weren't talking to each other.

Weren't you just making a disparaging comment about headcanon?

Also, the best panels to headcanon a best-friends relationship existing pre-Hickman would be the Teen Jean and Emma panels from the Bendis run, when Emma all but straddles Teen Jean.
    Yes they have. In Endsong and in Sisterhood. That one especially is interesting since Jean chose to appear to Emma only instead of Scott, Logan, Ororo.... they havent been enemies since the 90s and they havent been arguing or resenting each other since New XMen.

BANNED

Yes they have. In Endsong and in Sisterhood. That one especially is interesting since Jean chose to appear to Emma only instead of Scott, Logan, Ororo.... they havent been enemies since the 90s and they havent been arguing or resenting each other since New XMen.
    Jean hasn't been alive around Emma since Morrison so I don't know where you are getting this from lol. Emms, in particular, definitely had not resolved her insecurity about Jean by the end of Morrison's run, but ok, little spirit.

I wish they had followed up that "prepare, little spirit" moment but canonically I think it was just Emma tripping.

BANNED

What does Jean being alive has to do with it lmao

BANNED

What does Jean being alive has to do with it lmao
    You keep inferring that all these times happened where Emma and Jean had some kind of character moments together, such as "since New X-Men", at points in X-history where Jean Grey was not a thing. But seeing as continuity doesn't matter, I suppose Jean not being around to have said moments actually doesn't have anything to do with it lol

I'm going to leave you to it.

BANNED

Jean was resurrected in Endsong and intervened from the WHR in Sisterhood. But even if she hadnt (which she has), her last line to Emma before dying was Scott needs u as shr was resurrecting her. She got over it. Some of us need to follow her example.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    You're arguing that because Jean Grey didn't let some drugged-up clone murder Emma Frost that it follows that she would want to be friends/share sex partners with her, but I'm being disingenuous. Suuuure, buddy.

It's ok to like a writer's choices, but your personally liking them doesn't make those choices above criticism and commentary.

This is a clear example of something happening most obviously because the writer wants it to, which is fine. He was hired to put forth his prerogative, after all.
    The bigger problem here isn't even characterization. Hickman had to do some gymnastics so they would talk with each other and Jean would shade Emma. "I love your shoes" that is like the most cliche dialogue you can find between women.
    Like Jean wouldn't be talking with Emma this way before a council meeting and Charles being dead. but the writer needs it to happen right there, so he can hint into something

Jean never wanted to be friends with Emma

A lot of hoxpoxdox is forcing characterizations to make it work, we saw it from some writers

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The bigger problem here isn't even characterization. Hickman had to do some gymnastics so they would talk with each other and Jean would shade Emma. "I love your shoes" that is like the most cliche dialogue you can find between women.
    Like Jean wouldn't be talking with Emma this way before a council meeting and Charles being dead. but the writer needs it to happen right there, so he can hint into something

Jean never wanted to be friends with Emma

A lot of hoxpoxdox is forcing characterizations to make it work, we saw it from some writers
    Unfortunately for you, it is canon. You want to hang the Inhumans massacre on Emma? You want to hang Charles's death at the hands of Scott? Then you get to hang this too.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Unfortunately for you, it is canon. You want to hang the Inhumans massacre on Emma? You want to hang Charles's death at the hands of Scott? Then you get to hang this too.
    I want to know what these things have to do with this one. Scott killed Xavier, part of the fault can go to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I want to know what these things have to do with this one. Scott killed Xavier, part of the fault can go to Phoenix.
    Because it is all questionable writing decisions by editorial with a purpose in mind that isn't story focused. Scott killed Charles so that editorial could claim the P5 were purely evil, Emma killed the Inhumans to make it clear that Emma and Scott were the bad guys of IvX, Hickman is writing Jean and Emma like this because he likes trolling the readers. They're all canon, even if people disagree with that. You love to bring up the first two, so you get to live with third.