Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    BANNED

She was in the flagship title and had her own series after New Exiles. Her return was marketed as a big deal. She would have been just fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She was in the flagship title and had her own series after New Exiles.
    About a thousand people were in that flagship book in an increasingly fallow period for the X-books. And that forgotten mini written by the one just-ok guy they had writing literally everyone? Eh. I was glad she was out of limbo, but IMO Fraction's run was brisk airline reading at best and I have never been able to be bothered with Yost.

Her return was marketed as a big deal.
    Yes it was, and poorly executed IMO. I was not impressed with her initial return, but I was just glad she wasn't dead or in Claremont's dungeon. X-Force gave me more than that bare minimum.

She would have been just fine.
    Yeah, maybe. Maybe not. I think UXF was what made people stand up and take major notice of her as a marquee character and not just tits and ass for the first time in years without their being named Chris Claremont. I'm not going to say Remender didn't have excesses in that run or do lousy things in other books. But I do think his run there was largely excellent, and excellent for Betsy. YMMV.

BANNED

Im not arguing quality but she was prominent.

That mini was the exact same character arc as Uncanny XForce except compressed in 4 issues instead of 35 and with a satisfying resolution instead of... none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think UXF was what made people stand up and take major notice of her as a marquee character and not just tits and ass for the first time in years without their being named Chris Claremont. I'm not going to say Remender didn't have excesses in that run or do lousy things in other books. But I do think his run there was largely excellent, and excellent for Betsy. YMMV.
    Not really, she was very demanded by fans and writers while she was in Exiles. She was always popular.
    Last edited by tuck frump; 12-03-2019 at 06:20 AM.

BANNED

Eh, I'd take good Remender over Yost twice on Sundays. That's just me.

BANNED

Im not a big Yost fan but Uncanny XForce Psylocke's arc entirely relied (and missed the point) of that story. Psylocke struggled with her violent urges towards Matsuo due to everything hed done to her and in the end her compassionate side won over as she killed him out of mercy.
    Remender took that and understood that Psylocke was a murder addict which was never the case.

Likewise, Archangel had gotten over Apocalypses influence on him in Messiah War and broke out of his control by showing mercy to him (Yost was such a one trick pony). By UXF debut he was back to 1986.

We already argued abt that so its cool. Tastes are subjective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Not really, she was very demanded by fans and writers while she was in Exiles. She was always popular.
    I'm not disputing that, but there was a long stretch in the 2000s where it felt Marvel editorial didn't give a fuck.

I really like Remender's Psylocke. She was soo good. Same for Spurrier's version. The addicted to kill thing was a nice aspect to the character, that had little going on for her except for the whole resurrected/not in my body thing yet again. And Warren is super boring if you remove the Apocalypse connection.

BANNED

I felt the whole murder addict thing got real stupid over time. But I understood why it became an issue initially. I do vaguely remember it carrying beyond Remender and getting ridiculous.

She started a whole non-lethal thing during Spurrier, with sporadics "well I just killed everyone" moments. She was even counting days between killings. I don't think Bunn touched on that later?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She started a whole non-lethal thing during Spurrier, with sporadics "well I just killed everyone" moments. She was even counting days between killings. I don't think Bunn touched on that later?
    Probably because it's not something you want a HERO to have an addiction to. Serial killers are people in real life addicted to killing. Heroes should only kill when necessary, just as police should only kill if they have to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think Remender's run is almost singlehandedly responsible for making Betsy and Psylocke integral again today (lest we forget her purgatory in New Exiles - and her return after didn't have her up to much), and I liked it a lot. I also love what Hill is doing with Kwannon, a character I would've junked completely and never spoken of again after restoring English Betsy. Frankly Hill's Psylocke II is currently outranking Betsy for me, and Betsy has been my favorite X-Man for decades. YMMV.
    The reason why they did not junk Kwannon after restoring English Betsy is because ninja Psylocke was already well known due to video games and the movies and 30 years of comics. By restoring Kwannon as well, this was the perfect opportunity to actual develop ninja Psylocke, explore her background back in Japan, etc.

They really did a good job in restoring both women.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Probably because it's not something you want a HERO to have an addiction to. Serial killers are people in real life addicted to killing. Heroes should only kill when necessary, just as police should only kill if they have to.
    I know, but nice heroes are boring xd. Or every hero being nice and positive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jean did not give Emma therapy. She ransacked Emma's mind because she was mad as hell lol.

As for Teen Jean, like I said, them not murdering each other doesn't mean they want to see the other person sexing their loved one.

As for Scemma and Jott existing simultaneously, I do mostly expect that, simply because that's the kind of stereotypical male fantasy we can expect from the same group who would deny the concept of bisexuality. Would that be in line with Jean Grey's and Emma's characters? Not really, but it's not really about what it does for the female characters.
    You forget Jean is sleeping with Logan, so there's Jogan and she recently slept with Bishop, so there's Jishop. So it's not like Jean is saving herself for Scott, is it?

BANNED

Shhhhh, youll break the illusion that Jean is the victim of misogynistic writing...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They could have planted subtext, like they did with gay chaarcters (mystique, destiny, northstar). And then i would have to eat my hat, it is not the case so I don't need to eat my hat.

I don't even think Marvel want to explore it now, too much hinting for something that could be explicit on first issue of x-men and that would get more printings.

We aren't even 6 months into the relaunch, very hard to say it is a success. And there isn't nothing concrete about being poly that would make people accepting it.
    Too early for any conclusion.

This is the same logic that I saw where I worked. There was a girl, she was pretty crazy and very wild for the standarts of the store. people started to say that she dated a girl LOl but she dated a guy. Even my co-worker said that they only said that because of stereoptypes.

Scott and Logan had no bond over Jean, they started a war using her love.

Jean never loved Logan. say that they all love each other is wrong
    Jean said right after her resurrection that she loved Logan and she reached out to the daughters of two men she loved. Rachel and Laura. When Magneto yanked out the adamantium out of Wolverine's bones, the caption spoke about the reaction of the woman who would always love him (Jean).

So it's been stated in more than one occasion throughout the years she loves Logan, which is why his room is next to hers and there's an open door between them.